Alexandria

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Candice_*

Guest_Candice_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 November 2014 - 11:56 AM

My husband has had a hard time liking any of the names I pick out for our second daughter.  So, he finally has come up with a name he likes. Alexandria. I think it is very pretty. But I hate that it starts with Alex and don't want that to be our daughter's nick name "Alex".  I have been unable to find something similar. Any suggestions on names that are similar?

I like the nick name Allie for Alexandria. However our first daughter is named Alaina. I think Allie and Alaina are too much alike. Plus I don't like the nick name Lexi or Alexis. Any suggestions on cute nicknames?

Thank you very much for your help!

#2 Katie-Nana

Katie-Nana

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,652 posts

Posted 10 November 2014 - 12:25 PM

I adore the name Andie for a girl. I think Alexandria nn Andie would be adorable and would work nicely with big sis Alaina.

• CLA likes this

#3 CLA

CLA

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,024 posts

Posted 10 November 2014 - 02:00 PM

I was going to suggest Andie as well.

#4 whodeytina

whodeytina

Aspiring Baby Namer

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 November 2014 - 09:15 PM

If I can be honest... If you don't like the name enough that you want to try to find a nickname for it, then maybe its not the name for your baby. I know I had that issue going back and forth with my husband on names for our kids. I suggest not commiting to Alexandria and find a name that you both really love. Thats just my advice, it is, as always, your choice and you need to go with what feels right :wub:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users