• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Charity

Charity

Superstar Baby Namer

• Charter Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 706 posts
  • Interests:More than anything else in the world I love being with my family, which includes my amazing husband and our three gorgeous daughters. We are currently expecting number four, and are so excited! I am of course a mother first, but I am a writer second. I am a nut about names and etymology in general. I love reading; I’m a sucker for both the more modern fantasy books, like Harry Potter, and the also classics, like Shakespeare. Music is another thing that I could’ve live without, and I have to say my tastes definitely lean towards modern rock: Nickelback, Hinder, Papa Roach, and Theory of a Deadman are my very favorites. Not too big on television, but I couldn’t live without Lost. I also love cars (and driving them!), and I am the proud “mommy” of a Ford Mustang. I’m also pretty big on talking and I like to see myself as friendly, so I hope to see you around the boards!

Posted 23 April 2008 - 02:13 PM

So as I've mentioned a couple of times now, Josh is suddenly very much attached to Mimi Rose for a little girl, should we ever be blessed with another one. This is kind of hitting me out of no where since he's usually not the type to come up with names all on his own, but I have to admit that there's an innocence about the name that I really am beginning to adore.

My point is this: how well would it "fit" with the rest of our girls, plus any potential boys we might have in between? At the moment it would be Sinéad Rebecca, Shelby Nicole, Victoire Chadée, and Mimi Rose Arlington. Sinéad, Shelby, Victoire and Mimi. If we do ever manage to have little boys, the first two would undoubtedly be named Jacoby Gavin (nn Jake) and Jericho Austin.

Since the name Emily means so much to me and I was determined to be using it for a future girl in the form of Helena Emily, I'm also wondering if maybe Mimi could serve as a nickname for Emily or some form of it, even though Josh is, as I said, really attached to Mimi Rose on its own. Do you guys have any opinions, suggestions, comments... anything? :)

#2 Melissa

Melissa

Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 132 posts
  • Interests:My husband and I are very into basketball and soccer and our daughters are enjoying sports too. My oldest daughter does gymnastics, soccer, and dance and my youngest does soccer and dance, so those are my interests rights now. <br /><br />I also love kids and my job. My husband and I's jobs both involve children.

Posted 23 April 2008 - 02:34 PM

Sinead, Shelby, Victoire and Mimi...yah, I guess they go together. I like Helena Emily better with your daughters names', though and Helena is beautiful.

Emily nn Mimi is really cute, she'll have a super popular first name with an unique nick name, I really like that. Though, Emily is not as "unique" as your daughters' names.

Congrats to your husband on finding a name he likes! :)

#3 Kate

Kate

Star Baby Namer

• Charter Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 478 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 03:25 PM

Regardless of my fondness for Mimi, I have to say it looks incomplete next to Sinéad, Shelby and Victoire. It's a good nickname for Emily, which is very popular, as Melissa has said. The name Mireille (mee-RAY) has just sprung to mind, it would be French, like Victoire, have Mimi as a nickname, look more fully fledged next to your girls' names and be quite uncommon. Helena Mireille sounds lovely too, in my opinion (never mind the fact that I think any name sounds good with Helena :)).

#4 Adriana

Adriana

Junior Baby Namer

• Bronze Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 04:04 PM

Mimi Rose is super adorable, but I have to agree with Kate that it sounds pretty incomplete against Sinead, Shelby, and Victoire; even when you throw the potential boys in there, I kind of get the vibe that it’s just missing that certain ‘something’ to make it fit in. But if you and Josho love it that much, I say go for it anyway… a lot of people always said that Karl stuck out amongst me, Jacoby, and Hayden and he isn’t any worse for wear, right?

You could always steal Nana’s name in its entirety, too: use Emily Helena, but call her Mimi for short. I actually really like the idea of that. Only potential problem is that she would be the third Emily in this family for like, four generations and she’d technically have the same first name as you, even if you don’t use yours.

I’ve never ever heard of Mireille before, it‘s pretty! That really DOES sound gorgeous with Helena, too.

PS: I think this entire ordeal is why mom and daddy chose not to do the whole traditional-family-naming thing with me and the guys :) It’s confusing!

#5 Danni

Danni

Superstar Baby Namer

• Charter Members
  • 694 posts
  • Interests:I love reading...Romance and fantasy novels mostly, though I do get into some other genres every now and then. I also LOVE music...Mainly older music, but some newer stuff, also. I LOVE the Beatles! They are the greatest! lol. I also love to just drive around in my car...And shopping! When Ihave money, I LOVE to shop!

Posted 23 April 2008 - 04:52 PM

Yeah, I think using Mimi as a nickname would be super-cute!! Mimi by itself just doesn't seem to fit very well among names like Victoire and Shelby and Sinead!! It is adorable, though, but I'd use a longer name and Mimi as a nickname.

#6 Charity

Charity

Superstar Baby Namer

• Charter Members
  • 706 posts
  • Interests:More than anything else in the world I love being with my family, which includes my amazing husband and our three gorgeous daughters. We are currently expecting number four, and are so excited! I am of course a mother first, but I am a writer second. I am a nut about names and etymology in general. I love reading; I’m a sucker for both the more modern fantasy books, like Harry Potter, and the also classics, like Shakespeare. Music is another thing that I could’ve live without, and I have to say my tastes definitely lean towards modern rock: Nickelback, Hinder, Papa Roach, and Theory of a Deadman are my very favorites. Not too big on television, but I couldn’t live without Lost. I also love cars (and driving them!), and I am the proud “mommy” of a Ford Mustang. I’m also pretty big on talking and I like to see myself as friendly, so I hope to see you around the boards!

Posted 23 April 2008 - 10:55 PM

Thank you gals all so very much for the input… you guys have yet to fail me! Mireille is a very pretty name -- I absolutely love it already, but I’m just so stubbornly set on using at least some form of Emily that I might have to go with your idea, Adriana. The name is so very important to me because of our Nana, so to use her name in its entirety would only be fitting… then we could just call her Mimi for short. I love it!

Of course, Emily “Mimi” Helena would mean that using my beloved Helena as a first name is out of the question :) I swear, to use all of the names that I love would mean Josh and I having dozens of kids… literally… but I know a lot of you guys feel the same way, so that’s okay :D

#7 scarlet520

scarlet520

Expert Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,790 posts
  • Interests:I LOVE reading. I'm into almost every genre and generally read a book a week, if possible. I like Iris Johansen, Karen Marie Moning, Stephen King, James Patterson, Jane Austen, Charlotte Brontë, Diana Gabaldon, Kathy Reichs, and Robert Burns (every Scot's favorite author). I really love music and even got accepted to the Mason Gross School of Performing Arts at Rutgers University (my alma mater) for vocal performance. Unfortunately performance life was not for me, so I went into English Lit and French instead. Music is still a big part of my life, and I like a multitude of musical genres from Reggae to Rock to Opera. I've seen Carmen and La bohème each twice. (And I cry every time.) My husband and I also have a special place in our hearts for The Beatles.

Posted 24 April 2008 - 12:15 AM

I like Emily Helena, nn Mimi. It's awfully cute and honors your grandmother (and you too; you said you were named for her as well). And Mimi make the name all her own. Lovely! Good thinking Josh!

#8 Charity

Charity

Superstar Baby Namer

• Charter Members
  • 706 posts

Posted 24 April 2008 - 08:02 AM

Thanks so much, Cait :D

:) Josh says thank you, and also would like to emphasize that he is capable of thinking of names other than Quagmire.

#9 scarlet520

scarlet520

Expert Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 1,790 posts
  • Interests:I LOVE reading. I'm into almost every genre and generally read a book a week, if possible. I like Iris Johansen, Karen Marie Moning, Stephen King, James Patterson, Jane Austen, Charlotte Brontë, Diana Gabaldon, Kathy Reichs, and Robert Burns (every Scot's favorite author). I really love music and even got accepted to the Mason Gross School of Performing Arts at Rutgers University (my alma mater) for vocal performance. Unfortunately performance life was not for me, so I went into English Lit and French instead. Music is still a big part of my life, and I like a multitude of musical genres from Reggae to Rock to Opera. I've seen Carmen and La bohème each twice. (And I cry every time.) My husband and I also have a special place in our hearts for The Beatles.

Posted 24 April 2008 - 10:36 AM

LOL! Let's not be too hasty there, Josh. We'll take them on a case by case basis. :)

#10 Smile

Smile

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 1,098 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 08:14 PM

sorry, i'm so lazy and need to do some works oon, so i didn't have a chance to read the above comments, but i think mimi rose is cute, but not really suitable for an adult in a professional environemtn.. mimi could without a doubt serve as a nickname for emily, and i would enjoy seeing that especially because the emily/emma/emmies of the world are taking over.. emily rose nn mimi rose would be a great name. she could faithfully go by mimi, but emily would look a little classier on a plaque, award, or business card, etc.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users