• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Hannah

Hannah

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,785 posts
  • Interests:I love writing, reading, sports of any kind(my favorites being basketball & soccer), music, and hanging out with my friends and family.

AND, I of course love thinking of baby names even though that is a VERY far in the future thing for me because I'm still young!

Posted 11 March 2010 - 06:12 PM

So, in Spanish class we were learning double object pronouns, and you cannot have Le La/las/los/lo/la in the same row, so you have to change Le/Les to Se, and when she was pronouncing Se la, I think I've fallen in love with a new name. I don't know if it was already a name before but I looked it up and I only found one girl with the name Sela and I'm not even sure if she pronounces it the way I like it "Say-lah", Selah is something entirely different, but I know it's not a name for a person. I'm sorry to bore you all with the back story btw!

So could you tell me what you think of this name? I'm loving it! And also how would you spell it? And any middle names?

#2 -Tara

-Tara

Epic Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 12 March 2010 - 10:32 AM

i think its cute but ipersonaly would never use it.

Tara<3

#3 PaperHeart

PaperHeart

Genie-ous Baby Namer and Moderator

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,160 posts

Posted 12 March 2010 - 03:47 PM

In hebrew, Selah means.. rock? Stone? Something like that. :P

And I have a friend who's brother is called Sela.. so.. :unsure:

I think it's cute - but this is coming from the girl whose used to those weird names no one's ever heard of. :) <3

#4 Mishada

Mishada

Superstar Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 612 posts
  • Interests:Stuff, I guess.

Posted 13 March 2010 - 12:32 PM

Sela has a nice sound, but I would never use it because lots of people would mispronounce it on paper. Points for creativity though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users