3 replies to this topic

#1 -Regan<3

-Regan<3

Epic Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,606 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 10:09 PM

Ok. So I've been thinking about my future childs name lately! And I've noticed that all the middle names I come up with rhyme with Ariana's middle name (Danielle) would it be cheesy if I did that?

Some combo's I've come up with are:

Girls

Ariana Danielle & Lorelai Noelle

Ariana Danielle & Alexandria Belle

Ariana Danielle & Elisabeth Abigail

And if we ever have 2 boys (Since I know Nathan will not change Seth) they obviously don't rhyme but they end in the same sound, I've thought

Ariana Danielle, Seth Nathanial & Liam Michael (after his grandfathers, Dennis William & ______ Michael (he went by his middle name lol)

Ariana Danielle, Seth Nathanial & James Gabriel

Ariana Danielle, Seth Nathanial & Levi Ezekiel

and no I wouldn't change the spellings to match Nathanial, Nathan's mom did that I prefer the originals. Plus Gabrial just looks wrong :P

#2 rhaego

rhaego

Epic Baby Namer

• Charter Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,896 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 05:02 AM

I don't think having matching middle names is too cutesy, especially if you like the names anyway and aren't just choosing them because they match. Lorelai Noelle and Alexandria Belle are both well matched to Ariana Danielle! I don't really think Danielle and Abigail rhyme though, because of the syllable emphasis (dan-YELL vs. AB-i-gail). That being said, Ariana Danielle and Elisabeth Abigail are still a cute sibset!
As for the boys' names, I think any of the three together sound kind of chaotic. They all end with the same sound, but they all have different emphases, so when they're said together, I think it sound a little jumbled? Idk, but something seems off about it...

#3 ShannonElizabeth

ShannonElizabeth

Power Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 830 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 08:43 AM

I think it's cute, it's not overly obvious unless you plan on calling them by their full names everywhere you go. :P Haha.
I really love Alexandria Belle, it's so elegant but cute. And I loved that you paired a long name with a short name, coming from someone who has a medium/long first name and a long middle name (and at one point I had my moms last name as a middle name and my dads last name as a last name [both of which are only 6 letters]) "Shannon Elizabeth ****** ******" Almost never fit on a form. And "Shannon Elizabeth" barley does right now. (That' might be because I have gigantic writting that takes up half a page though ;) )
Anyway, that was a long unnecessary rant.

#4 Meghan<3

Meghan<3

Legendary Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,823 posts
  • Interests:Baby names, writing, reading, animals

Posted 22 November 2012 - 10:31 AM

I don't mind the "matchiness" of the middle names at all. It would be a little odd, I think, if your kids' first names were Danielle, Noelle, Belle, etc. But as middles, I think they are fine. Same goes for the boys'. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users