2 replies to this topic

#1 Katie-Nana

Katie-Nana

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,652 posts

Posted 05 June 2011 - 03:51 PM

So I've been thinking a lot about a third boy name to go with Eller & Wiley.

Rouen is out...I like the way it sounds but I can't picture it on a boy or man.
I like how Theodore sounds with Eller & Wiley, but its a bit long for everyday use...Theo is okay but I dont LOVE the name. Teddy is growing on me but I don't like that Wiley & Teddy rhyme.
Thaddeus is similar to Theodore and is a nice alternative and has the option for the nn Thad/Tad. Just not sure I would want to curse a grown man with the nn Tad (Tadpole = Tiny)
Percy, Eller & Wiley go well together (Percy & Wiley are different enough not to get tongue tied) but I can't really picture Percy on an adult male...I'm actually leaning toward this for a girl name...
Sebastian - Like but again too long for everyday use and no real usable nicknames, dislike "Bastian"

Names still being considered...Thoughts??

Jude - I like how the three names sound together as a sib set, I think it would age well, I'm just not 100% sure I LOVE it.
Angus - Again I like how this name fits with the other two. I think it would age well and its a name I've liked for a long time, just not sure if I LOVE it.
Rand - Not Randall, just Rand. I came across Rand in a book series I read in highschool. I like that it is very masculine yet simple and a bit understated. I think it fits in nicely with Eller & Wiley. I'm just a bit hesitant because I dislike the nn Randy :\
Roan/Rohen/Rowen - I kinda like it, similar to Rouen but could picture it a bit better on a man, Though I dislike that it is becoming unisex and sort of fits into the trendy catagory
Amos/Ames - Again I kinda like it. What do you think??
Landen - I bit more main stream than I usually like ... though I've yet to meet a Landen

More suggestions are welcome.

I tend to like country-ish sounding, obviously masculine names that are a bit on the obsure/unheard of or out-of-fashion side. I focus a lot on how a name sounds and I'd like something that complements Eller & Wiley without having similar sounds, preferable ending in a different sound to avoid rhyming. I like longer names (3 or more syllables) as long as they have usable nicknames.

#2 ReadeAlexandra

ReadeAlexandra

Legendary Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,751 posts

Posted 05 June 2011 - 06:45 PM

Thaddeus love it

Jude - love it
Angus - love it
Roan/Rohen/Rowen - prefer it for a girl
Amos/Ames - love both

#3 Remy Hadley

Remy Hadley

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,884 posts
  • Interests:♥ baby names ♥ pasta ♥ sherlock holmes ♥ knitting / crocheting ♥ hiking ♥ dogs ♥ sea creatures ♥ birds ♥ nature documentaries ♥ peaceful parenting ♥ cooking ♥

Posted 05 June 2011 - 08:15 PM

Jude honestly sounds so perfect with Wiley and Eller! I don't know why, but it feels so perfect! <3

Angus would work really well too! As would Rowen- so sad that it's becoming trendy and all :) Another suggestion might be Ronan? I loooove Ronan, and its not used on girls ever! (that I know of :x). It's Irish, and I think it means baby seal or something cute like that <3 Amos is okay, it fits though I don't care for it <3 And Landen, I do kinda like. It is more mainstream, so i think it might make the others feel a little less "old fashioned" and all, but it still sounds real nice with them and all.

I came across some names that I feel like would fit that style, I'll list them and hope they are on the right track! <3
Bertram
Emory
Cecil
Calvin
Byron
Conrad
Claude
Archer
Gavin
Simon
Jack

I think all of those would match the others nicely, personally :P I hope these help!!!

~ Hadds

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users