• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 xxThePumpkinQueenxx

xxThePumpkinQueenxx

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,712 posts
  • Interests:singing, writing, reading, psychology, science, math, forensics, children, going to church, being with my family and SEC football. War Eagle!

Posted 14 September 2014 - 02:43 PM

I'm looking for a way to honor my Meme who recently passed away. Her name was Dorothy Jewel and Granddaddy called her by Dot.

I was leaning towards using the name Jewel but I'm dead set on Snow for my next girl. Any ideas on how to incoporate Jewel in as a second middle/first name?

#2 HxppySxng

HxppySxng

Legendary Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,040 posts
  • Interests:Planners, piercings, Witchcraft, Netflix, & baking.

Posted 14 September 2014 - 06:19 PM

You could use Jewel for her middle name although Snow Jewel is a bit out there, so maybe using a name that sounds like Jewel...

Snow Juliet

Snow Julia

Snow Julie

Snow Julissa

Snow Jolene

Snow Juliette

You can swap them all around to use Snow for a middle name.

Juliet Snow

Juliette Snow

Julia Snow

Julie Snow

Julissa Snow

Jolene Snow

ect..

#3 EmilyA

EmilyA

Power Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 870 posts

Posted 14 September 2014 - 07:59 PM

I have no idea if it's just me but I love Dorothy! I'm waiting for it to make a comeback. I agree with Bailey. Something that sounds like Jewel may be the best route to take. 

Juliette Snow is my favorite. You could nn her Jet/Jett; would still have a similar feel to Dot. 

• JennyB and xxThePumpkinQueenxx like this

#4 Saffron

Saffron

Notable Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 144 posts
  • Interests:Photography, reading, raw cooking, hiking, and everything to do with taking the best care of my beautiful daughter <3

Posted 15 September 2014 - 05:28 AM

I think Dorothy would be a lovely middle name! I suppose it doesn't flow perfectly after Snow, though... 'Dorothy Snow' sounds lovely but if you don't want it as a first name that doesn't work, ha ha. I agree that something which sounds like Jewel, such as Jules or Juliet, would work really well!

You could also look for variations on the names. Some of Dorothy are: Doa, Dolly, Doe, Dori, Dorrit (Dori Snow sounds cute to me!). Or look for names which have the same meaning: gift of God. There's a lot of names which mean that, so you could take your pick, and it would be a great way to honour her memory while also choosing a name you like a lot!

#5 xxThePumpkinQueenxx

xxThePumpkinQueenxx

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 1,712 posts
  • Interests:singing, writing, reading, psychology, science, math, forensics, children, going to church, being with my family and SEC football. War Eagle!

Posted 15 September 2014 - 02:22 PM

I have no idea if it's just me but I love Dorothy! I'm waiting for it to make a comeback. I agree with Bailey. Something that sounds like Jewel may be the best route to take. 

Juliette Snow is my favorite. You could nn her Jet/Jett; would still have a similar feel to Dot. 

I had considered using Dorothy with the NN Dot. I thought Dot would be adorable on a baby and I know it ages. But I still talk to my husband about our future daughter and call her Snow and I also don't know if he'd be okay with Dorothy. I got the okay on Jewel though (and I really like Jewel). Maybe while I'm off work I can come up with some combos. 

I kind of feel like I'm hogging the whole baby name with Snow and then honoring my Meme though. Naming guilt lol 

• EmilyA likes this

#6 EmilyA

EmilyA

Power Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • 870 posts

Posted 15 September 2014 - 08:53 PM

I had considered using Dorothy with the NN Dot. I thought Dot would be adorable on a baby and I know it ages. But I still talk to my husband about our future daughter and call her Snow and I also don't know if he'd be okay with Dorothy. I got the okay on Jewel though (and I really like Jewel). Maybe while I'm off work I can come up with some combos. 

I kind of feel like I'm hogging the whole baby name with Snow and then honoring my Meme though. Naming guilt lol 

Your fetish with Snow is like mine with Winter. I LOVE it but hubby is not fancied by it whatsoever. He's okay with it as a middle name but I don't think it would flow well with Stella. Stella I really hope I get to use if this baby is a girl!  :wub:  I like Jules! So cute and different. My younger sister has a friend who has a sister is named Dorothy. The cutest little girl I've ever seen that isn't my own! :P All hopes of having that Dorothy image from the Wizard of Oz is trashed. She has beautiful blonde 

hair in ringlets with the most piercing blue eyes ever. Dorothy Rose is her full name. 

Good luck! I'd love to hear what you come up with! :) 

#7 xxThePumpkinQueenxx

xxThePumpkinQueenxx

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 1,712 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 03:04 PM

okay so all I have so far is

Snow Clara Jewel

Snow Imogen Jewel

Snow Annora Jewel

Snow Elizabella Jewel

Snow Eleonora Jewel

Snow Alexandra Jewel 

Snow Elise Jewel

Greylen Dorthy Snow 

Aleah Dorthy Snow 

(cause I totally misspelled my Meme's first name the first few times I posted haha!)

I'm aiming to get more time tonight with my list since I'll be awake when my husband gets home. I can bombard him :) All i know is he's told me he wants another princess to name Snow and I can honor Meme in her name (a Snow princess! ah!!) :/ ..oh and he love every name I come up with for Snow. *face palm* 

#8 xxThePumpkinQueenxx

xxThePumpkinQueenxx

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 1,712 posts

Posted 22 September 2014 - 04:01 PM

Abigail Dorthy Snow?

#9 EmilyA

EmilyA

Power Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • 870 posts

Posted 25 September 2014 - 10:21 AM

As long as you don't have an Elsa! I'm literally getting tired of all of the Frozen things. D: Anyway...sorry for seeing you post late! 

Hmm. If you use Snow as a middle name then you can just call her Snow because it's not uncommon or "weird" to prominently be called by your middle name. I like Abigail Dorothy Snow. Has a nice flow! :) Snow Elizabella Jewel is so gorgeous! Alyssa Milano really did do a great job with her daughters name! Love it! :) 

• xxThePumpkinQueenxx likes this

#10 xxThePumpkinQueenxx

xxThePumpkinQueenxx

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 1,712 posts

Posted 25 September 2014 - 02:17 PM

I adore Elizabella but I wonder about using it since my daughter's middle is already Elisabeth. Maybe that could be a little theme on its own? Variants of Elisabeth for my girls? Would that be weird?

#11 EmilyA

EmilyA

Power Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • 870 posts

Posted 25 September 2014 - 02:35 PM

I didn't even think about your daughters' name and how Elizabella would potentially clash with her middle name. 

#12 xxThePumpkinQueenxx

xxThePumpkinQueenxx

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 1,712 posts

Posted 25 September 2014 - 06:30 PM

Would Isabella work as a substitute?

#13 EmilyA

EmilyA

Power Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • 870 posts

Posted 25 September 2014 - 06:56 PM

I think it will! :)

#14 Imogen

Imogen

Aspiring Baby Namer

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 September 2014 - 12:04 PM

Hi, everyone! What about Peridot? One of my long time favourites. It's a jewel and has Dot in it!

The possible nickname Peri puts me off slightly but a lot of people might like it. Good luck!

#15 xxThePumpkinQueenxx

xxThePumpkinQueenxx

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 1,712 posts

Posted 29 September 2014 - 06:21 PM

Its pretty but nms. We finally agreed on Abigail Dorthy Snow :)

#16 EmilyA

EmilyA

Power Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • 870 posts

Posted 29 September 2014 - 06:27 PM

OMG that baby fever is spiking!  ;)  So glad you both have finally decided on a name! So have we, which is very rare for us! :)

#17 xxThePumpkinQueenxx

xxThePumpkinQueenxx

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 1,712 posts

Posted 29 September 2014 - 08:10 PM

He has baby fever BAD. He's dead set on having another. So why not? I feel like we should hurry and get pregnant while we agree on names :lol:
I wouldn't mind another but I don't just have to have one right now. So either way, I'm okay with it. :) but I'm still working on some backupa juay in case lol!

#18 EmilyA

EmilyA

Power Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • 870 posts

Posted 29 September 2014 - 08:13 PM

It's that time of year... I am so excited and I know you both are as well! 

#19 xxThePumpkinQueenxx

xxThePumpkinQueenxx

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 1,712 posts

Posted 29 September 2014 - 08:37 PM

WAIT! I just want to get my chest tattoo first then we can have a baby :lol: I should inform him of that. 

And thanks! I am pretty excited about the thought of another baby, esp with how well things have been and are progressively going! 

And I'm also excited to hear what your baby #4 is going to be and his/her name. I love all your kids names. I may be a little too excited :lol:

#20 EmilyA

EmilyA

Power Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • 870 posts

Posted 30 September 2014 - 09:54 AM

Ha! Just tell him first let's go to that tattoo parlor and then we can make a baby.  :D  Thank you! I get too excited for everyone else  :P Oh my, I just realized Brantley's birthday is tomorrow! I cant't believe he'll be 1. Happy *early* Birthday Brantley! :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users