• Interests:Bones
    Mysteries
    Baking
    Photography
    Science
    Writing
    Reading

Posted 02 August 2008 - 03:29 PM

What are you're thoughts on these names Jezebelle Victory and Emerson Viola?

#2 rhaego

rhaego

Epic Baby Namer

• Charter Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,896 posts

Posted 02 August 2008 - 04:38 PM

I don't like the name Jezebelle at all. It has terrible connotations. I really love the name Victory, though. The flow of the two is alright, but it could be better. I love Emerson, and I'm a little iffy on Viola, but I don't hate it. The name flows pretty well.

#3 Antelope

Antelope

Star Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 496 posts

Posted 03 August 2008 - 03:55 PM

I don't like Jezebelle because of the sound, yuk! I'm not sure about Victory either perhaps Jasmine Victoria??? Emerson is unisex and not really my style and it has a nice flow with the very pretty Viola (an instrument) maybe Emma Violette???

#4 Liz

Liz

Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 03 August 2008 - 04:50 PM

I have to agree that Jezebelle is unusable because of the connotations. Victory is a bit much for me, but okay as a middle name.

Emerson used to be one of my favorites, but now it's completely not my style. It's just way too masculine for a girl, considering it means SON of Emery. It was also pointed out to me that it sounds like "'em are some" and is used as a joke name, Emerson Bigguns, in regards to a woman's chest size. Emmeline or Emilia would be pretty if you like the idea of Emmy as a nickname. Viola is pretty and underused.

#5 scarlet520

scarlet520

Expert Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,790 posts
  • Interests:I LOVE reading. I'm into almost every genre and generally read a book a week, if possible. I like Iris Johansen, Karen Marie Moning, Stephen King, James Patterson, Jane Austen, Charlotte Brontë, Diana Gabaldon, Kathy Reichs, and Robert Burns (every Scot's favorite author). I really love music and even got accepted to the Mason Gross School of Performing Arts at Rutgers University (my alma mater) for vocal performance. Unfortunately performance life was not for me, so I went into English Lit and French instead. Music is still a big part of my life, and I like a multitude of musical genres from Reggae to Rock to Opera. I've seen Carmen and La bohème each twice. (And I cry every time.) My husband and I also have a special place in our hearts for The Beatles.

Posted 04 August 2008 - 09:27 AM

As previous posters mentioned, the conotations that are associated with Jezebelle make it completely unusable (in my opinion anyway).
Emerson is more of a boys name to me. What about Emily, Emma, Emilia, Emmalise, or Emina?

#6 ~Liz~

~Liz~

Star Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 378 posts
  • Interests:My top peeve is when people use offensive, sacrilegious names that are supposedly Native American but aren't, just to be cool. Please, ASK about the culture before you name your kid Dakota, Cheyenne, Nayeli, etc.

Posted 06 August 2008 - 03:58 PM

I really don't like Jezebel. I'd never name my daughter after a prostitute in the Bible.

Viola is gorgeous. Victory isn't one of my favorite virtue names, but it isn't bad. Victoria is much more feminine though, and means the same thing. Emerson I think you should save for your son.

#7 Jellybean

Jellybean

Superstar Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 635 posts
  • Interests:-Watching movies<br />-Reading (specially poetry)<br />-Writing<br />-Playing with my daughter<br />-Travelling<br />-Learning different languages

Posted 11 August 2008 - 04:00 PM

I see them as grown-ups,so:
Jezebelle Victory:Boylish woman
Emerson Viola:Girlish Man

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users