• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Remy Hadley

Remy Hadley

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,883 posts
  • Interests:♥ baby names ♥ pasta ♥ sherlock holmes ♥ knitting / crocheting ♥ hiking ♥ dogs ♥ sea creatures ♥ birds ♥ nature documentaries ♥ peaceful parenting ♥ cooking ♥

Posted 27 October 2009 - 04:20 PM

I wanted to know what you thought,

Chase Anthony: I adore this name. I think it's wicked handsome! But Then my niece's middle name is Chase (and she's always called by Ryan Chase). Would it be bad to be so close like that? Should I just leave it as a guilty pleasure name?

Scarlett Noelle: I also adore this name, but my mother had very negative comments about it. I mean, I'm not having a kid any time soon, but I'd feel bad to keep it on my favs if she hates it so much, move it to guilty pleasures?

Emma Shiloh: Another of my favs, currently my absolute favorite beside's Katherine, but Emma is so popular now, what if it isn't by the time I have a kid? I'd so hate to put a super popular name on my kid, doom her to be among seven different girls with the same name...

Alexander Thomas: though my nephews name is Thomas, and my BIL, I think as a mn name it'd be okay. I just greatly dislike the nick name Alex, Al, Lexy, etc. (maybe Xan, but..) and I doubt everyone will always call her Alexander all the time :) Would calling him Xan fix that, being I kinda like that (much more then Alex)?

I love Declan James, but most others dont... (definately wouldnt call him DJ). Someone said he'd be teased. Do you think so?

Remington Gage: any nick names you can think of besides Remy? Cause I know someone named Remy who he'd be named after... can't have two Remy's.

Hope this isn't too much troubles! Thanks, ~Hayden

#2 Anna.

Anna.

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,107 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 06:54 PM

Chase Anthony- I'm not a fan of Chase...and since your neice goes by Ryan Chase...it may get confusing. I would run it by your sister if your worried about it. It does flow well though.

Scarlett Noelle- I am quite biased to Scarlett and it flows pretty well with Noelle. Why did your mom have negative comments about it? Isn't your middle name Noelle? I think Scarlett is a very pretty name.

Emma Shiloh- Very cute. Emma is popular now but you still have several years for it to die down. Who knows? Maybe you'll love a different name by then.

Alexander Thomas- It's a very nice, strong name. I'm not crazy about the nicknames that go along with Alexander either. Xan or Xander is kind of cool though. Kind of like using Topher instead of Chris for Christopher...you don't hear it much.

Declan James- I think it's quite handsome. I don't see how he'll be teased...

Remington Gage- Not a fan of either names really. Sorry Had...it does flow well though!

#3 Remy Hadley

Remy Hadley

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • 7,883 posts
  • Interests:♥ baby names ♥ pasta ♥ sherlock holmes ♥ knitting / crocheting ♥ hiking ♥ dogs ♥ sea creatures ♥ birds ♥ nature documentaries ♥ peaceful parenting ♥ cooking ♥

Posted 28 October 2009 - 02:48 PM

It probably would, if I ever have a boy named so, I guess alll I have to do is ask ;D

She doesn't like Scarlett. She does love Noelle being she did give me the middle name LOL, but she really seems to hate Scarlett. (I think its gorgeous!)

Another one time will tell I guess. I'll have to see XP

Hmm, I agree. I heard the nn Xan from a movie with this really cute boy called by Xan, and it made me like the name LOL. Ive always liked Alexander :)

I don't either. That's what a couple girls told me though :( I should ask why...

Thanks, Anna :) I do like the flow :)

Thanks for the advice :D ~Haddie

#4 D3sire

D3sire

Legendary Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,995 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 01:41 AM

Chase Anthony - I don't care for Chase personally. It's too wordy and sounds like you should "chase Anthony" or whatever middle it is paired with. If your niece is regularly called Ryan Chase I would avoid using it as a first name.

Scarlett Noelle - I love Scarlett but the combo is very "red Christmas". Does your mother hate Scarlett or just the pairing of the two names together? I definitely think you can find a better (less wordy) mn for Scarlett if it's just the combo that is putting her off. If it is Scarlett that she hates it is really up to you whether or not you want to use it. My mother hates tons of my names and while it may bother me some knowing she really loathes a name that I would consider using I wouldn't let this deter me. You can't please everyone and it is hard enough compromising with the other parent of your child, you will never find a name that will make everyone happy. If you love it, keep it on your list.

Emma Shiloh - It doesn't hurt to keep it on your list.

Alexander Thomas - Handsome combo. I think if you called him Xan and made a point of it, corrected anyone who called him Alex that others would quickly learn.

Declan James - I don't see why he would be teased... Nothing wrong with the name at all. Declan isn't my personal style but I don't hate it and I fail to see its teasing potential.

Remington Gage - This is really not my style. I immediately connect Remington to Remington firearms. I don't see the appeal in naming your child after a gun... I would toss this one but thats just me.

#5 Remy Hadley

Remy Hadley

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • 7,883 posts

Posted 30 October 2009 - 02:23 PM

Okay, thanks :P I didn't notice the Scarlett Noelle thing, but mom just says it sounds too much like Harlet and whatnot... :D When I asked about the teasing thing, my friend just said the name Declan sounds too weird.. D:
~Haddie

#6 alyssa897

alyssa897

Legendary Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • 2,798 posts

Posted 30 October 2009 - 02:49 PM

Chase Anthony: I adore this name. I think it's wicked handsome! But Then my niece's middle name is Chase (and she's always called by Ryan Chase). Would it be bad to be so close like that? Should I just leave it as a guilty pleasure name?

My thoughts: I think since it's so close to your neice, you may have to leave it as a guilty pleasure name, especially if you are really close with her and see her often. It sucks, but it may be weird to have two Chases.

Scarlett Noelle: I also adore this name, but my mother had very negative comments about it. I mean, I'm not having a kid any time soon, but I'd feel bad to keep it on my favs if she hates it so much, move it to guilty pleasures?

My thoughts: I have the same problem with my mom! She doesn't like most of my fave girl names and combos, but I realized that names grow on you, especially if you love that person, so unless Scarlett was the name of someone who did something REALLY bad to your mother, I'm sure she'll get over it. Hopefully. :D

Emma Shiloh: Another of my favs, currently my absolute favorite beside's Katherine, but Emma is so popular now, what if it isn't by the time I have a kid? I'd so hate to put a super popular name on my kid, doom her to be among seven different girls with the same name...

My thoughts: I actually have only met one Emma, but a million Emilys which is fine by me because I prefer Emma anyday! I prefer Emma Katherine because it sounds beautifully elegant, and I love Emma Kate as nickname. Also, I'm not a huge fan of Shiloh, but it's grown on me just because you love it so much! See! When you like a person, their names sometimes grown on you! ;)

Alexander Thomas: though my nephews name is Thomas, and my BIL, I think as a mn name it'd be okay. I just greatly dislike the nick name Alex, Al, Lexy, etc. (maybe Xan, but..) and I doubt everyone will always call her Alexander all the time Would calling him Xan fix that, being I kinda like that (much more then Alex)?

My thoughts: I actually love Alex. I think it's handsome, manly, and I just love it, so I don't really understand when other people dislike it so much! I also like Xan or Xander/Zander. They are a refreshing twist on a nickname for Alexander. I prefer Cole to Thomas though, just my preferences.

I love Declan James, but most others dont... (definately wouldnt call him DJ). Someone said he'd be teased. Do you think so?

My thoughtst: I love Declan James! My favorite combo you have! OMG, HAY TAY I LOVE IT!!! Declan is so handsome and you certainly don't hear it everyday. It reminds me of Silas, which is another favorite of mine that I think would make a cute sib set. Declan and Silas. :P I don't think Declan needs a nickname by the way. A name this gorgeous should definitley NOT have a nickname! And James is absolutely my favorite boys name ever, especially as a middle name! Gorgeous combo. I give it a million golden diapers. (That's my new rating system! :P)

Remington Gage: any nick names you can think of besides Remy? Cause I know someone named Remy who he'd be named after... can't have two Remy's.

My thoughts: I would have to say this is my least favorite of your combos, especially for boys. Honestly, I know you love Remington, but it sounds kind of girly to me! I don't know why. Maybe it's the Remy sound! I think of Emmy... Anyways, if you're honoring someone, that makes me like it a tad more. And Gage is cute. Trendy yet uncommon. lol. The only nicknames I can think of are Ingo, Tony, and Rem.

Good luck! I hope this helped.

~alyssa

#7 Remy Hadley

Remy Hadley

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • 7,883 posts

Posted 01 November 2009 - 04:07 PM

Thanks so much, Alyssa! You helped a lot!

Chase Anthony:
My thoughts: I think since it's so close to your neice, you may have to leave it as a guilty pleasure name, especially if you are really close with her and see her often. It sucks, but it may be weird to have two Chases.
I guess as a guilty pleasure it'll be fine ;) I live with Ryan Chase, so yeah. In the future when I have a kid I more and likely wont, but momentarily I do.

Scarlett Noelle:
My thoughts: I have the same problem with my mom! She doesn't like most of my fave girl names and combos, but I realized that names grow on you, especially if you love that person, so unless Scarlett was the name of someone who did something REALLY bad to your mother, I'm sure she'll get over it. Hopefully. :D
She says she's never met a Scarlett. But hopefully it would!

Emma Shiloh:
My thoughts: I actually have only met one Emma, but a million Emilys which is fine by me because I prefer Emma anyday! I prefer Emma Katherine because it sounds beautifully elegant, and I love Emma Kate as nickname. Also, I'm not a huge fan of Shiloh, but it's grown on me just because you love it so much! See! When you like a person, their names sometimes grown on you! :P
Aww, thanks Alyssa! At first it was meh to me, then I heard the combo Emma Shiloh and fell in love with it! I do love Emma Katherine nn Emma Kate a lot, but Ive always adored the nn Katie, so that wouldnt work :P So sad I cant use it twice, LOL! XD

Alexander Thomas:
My thoughts: I actually love Alex. I think it's handsome, manly, and I just love it, so I don't really understand when other people dislike it so much! I also like Xan or Xander/Zander. They are a refreshing twist on a nickname for Alexander. I prefer Cole to Thomas though, just my preferences.
I'm not sure what it is, I just dont like how it sounds I guess. And I know a girl named Alex, so that bothers me >:3 (not a very nice girl :/) But OMB, ALexander Cole is SOOO HANDSOME! Would you mind if I added it to my list? It's so handsome!

Declan James
My thoughtst: I love Declan James! My favorite combo you have! OMG, HAY TAY I LOVE IT!!! Declan is so handsome and you certainly don't hear it everyday. It reminds me of Silas, which is another favorite of mine that I think would make a cute sib set. Declan and Silas. :P I don't think Declan needs a nickname by the way. A name this gorgeous should definitley NOT have a nickname! And James is absolutely my favorite boys name ever, especially as a middle name! Gorgeous combo. I give it a million golden diapers. (That's my new rating system! :P)
LOL, golden diapers! Love it ;D But Thanks! If any, the nn would be Ducky, cause I always found that cute (only as he's young, of course!) But Silas and Declan do sound wicked handsome together!

Remington Gage:
My thoughts: I would have to say this is my least favorite of your combos, especially for boys. Honestly, I know you love Remington, but it sounds kind of girly to me! I don't know why. Maybe it's the Remy sound! I think of Emmy... Anyways, if you're honoring someone, that makes me like it a tad more. And Gage is cute. Trendy yet uncommon. lol. The only nicknames I can think of are Ingo, Tony, and Rem.
Hmm, thanks :P I like how it sounds and how it'd be after someone I love, but I think this will end up a guilty pleasure. I dunno.

Thanks, again, soo soo much, Alyssa! ~Haddie

#8 alyssa897

alyssa897

Legendary Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • 2,798 posts

Posted 01 November 2009 - 05:00 PM

You're welcome, Hayden. I am glad I could help you!

I have to say that the more I see it, the more I'm starting to love Emma Shiloh! I know what you mean though, about wishing you could use a name twice! XP

Go ahead and add Alexander Cole to your list! I was actually thinking about changing Cole anyways, but I haven't come up with anything else I like as much.

I hope you don't mind, but I'm officially adding Declan to my list! :P

Once again, you're welcome. I'm always here to help. PM me if you ever need some extra help about names, or anything else! :D

~alyssa

#9 Katie-Nana

Katie-Nana

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Super Moderators
  • 6,652 posts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 02:21 PM

I really don't like your combo Remington Gage...though it sounds nice together its too gun happy IMO... Remington is a gun brand and gage has something to do with guns as well. Seperately I'm not much of a fan of either name but together.... I understand Remington is after a friend and if you were set on using it I would pair it with another middle name.

#10 Remy Hadley

Remy Hadley

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • 7,883 posts

Posted 08 November 2009 - 01:24 PM

Hmm, it does. Maybe Remington Theo :P Thanks Katie! ~Haddie

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users