4 replies to this topic

#1 Antelope

Antelope

Star Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 496 posts

Posted 21 November 2008 - 10:14 PM

I recently stumbled on this name on babynamesworld.com It is pronounced: LO-nan. It is Gaelic and means Blackbird.

Do you think this is a nice name? Will it become popular along with all the -an/-nan names.

This is just for fun.

#2 scarlet520

scarlet520

Expert Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,790 posts
  • Interests:I LOVE reading. I'm into almost every genre and generally read a book a week, if possible. I like Iris Johansen, Karen Marie Moning, Stephen King, James Patterson, Jane Austen, Charlotte Brontë, Diana Gabaldon, Kathy Reichs, and Robert Burns (every Scot's favorite author). I really love music and even got accepted to the Mason Gross School of Performing Arts at Rutgers University (my alma mater) for vocal performance. Unfortunately performance life was not for me, so I went into English Lit and French instead. Music is still a big part of my life, and I like a multitude of musical genres from Reggae to Rock to Opera. I've seen Carmen and La bohčme each twice. (And I cry every time.) My husband and I also have a special place in our hearts for The Beatles.

Posted 21 November 2008 - 11:20 PM

Lonán is.... different. It's not a common Gaelic name like Aidan or Liam. I think people would think that it was new take on the name Logan.

#3 Katie-Nana

Katie-Nana

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,652 posts

Posted 22 November 2008 - 09:57 AM

I agree Lonan is different, I like it.

#4 lucy

lucy

Distinguished Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts
  • Interests:I have 5 kids: Samara (Sammi), Kimberley (Kimmy), Lauren (Lolly), Bianca (Bee) and Jessamine (Jem)

Posted 22 November 2008 - 04:34 PM

It's quite nice. It's likely to get popular as people search for more uncommon Irish names, but I doubt it would shoot up the charts.

#5 iamSAMiam

iamSAMiam

Notable Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 01:09 PM

*shrugs* This is going to sound totally werid, but I can't stand girls names that end in 'A' or boys names that end in 'N'. While Lonan is better than a lot of popular names, I still wouldn't name my kid that.

Of course, there are exceptions to my strange rules. Like Anastasia, which is a family name.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users