• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Remy Hadley

Remy Hadley

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,881 posts
  • Interests:♥ baby names ♥ pasta ♥ sherlock holmes ♥ knitting / crocheting ♥ hiking ♥ dogs ♥ sea creatures ♥ birds ♥ nature documentaries ♥ peaceful parenting ♥ cooking ♥

Posted 19 February 2012 - 07:45 PM

So currently, my girls names list seems to be giving me a lot of trouble. For most of my names, they just feel like names that I only like. Not love. I do have my few that I am really loving. But most of them are just... okay. I've managed to at least make a combo for most of my names, though quite a few of them were just stuck together for the sake of it. I'm currently going through my name book and writing down all the names I like and all, which I've only made it to the B's because of whatever. But I left my book on the other end of my room and I'm feeling really ill, so getting up and grabbing my book is not an option :) though honestly, I haven't had much luck with it yet.

If I gave my current list and the reason why I'm having a probelm with each name, could you girls help me out with them? :) It would be really great to hear some input!!

*** Honestly, I'd absolutely LOVE and appreciate it SOOO very much even if you just commented one one name! I do have such a long list here, so don't feel like you have to reply to most or even all of it lol. It is a lot... but really, any and all help is much loved! <3 ***

I did just update my "namelist in progress" section of my siggie, so these are all there haha. I am not having a problem with: Piper Vivienne, Eloise Katherine, Maeve Isabel, Shiloh Guinevere, or Penelope Clara. However, I am having a problem with each of these:

Emma Sophia // Gemma Sophie - I am still at such a loss to which I prefer!! I do adore Emma, but it feels so mainstream. And Gemma really isn't all that different, but the G is a very noticeable sound so in school calling out to "Gemma!" wouldn't be too badly confused with all the Emma's. And I love Gem as a nick name. Though I also love Emmy. But Emmy also feels so... used. But I love it. But I don't... :/ so confused!! I also love how Gemma and Eloise sound as a sibset... and am wondering, would Eloise and Emma make a bad sibset? Ellie and Emmy? I don't think they're too close personally, but I feel like it'd limit future sibsets.
Olive Juliet - I am starting to absolutely ADORE Olive as a girls name as well! I used to really love Olivia, but I could never really use it. And again, Olive is really close and all. But whatever. I am set on using Olive. Maybe even with the others... Eloise, Gemma, and Olive.. Ellie, Gem, and Liv! Hehe! <3 Anyways, I kinda like Olive Juliet. And Katie brought to mention like the Olive Juice sounds like I LOVE YOU. So Olive Juliet would kinda do that minus the -liet part. But thats not an important sound to me. Plus I can't picture myself using Juliet in real life. Its pretty, but more of a guilty pleasure. So I am really needing middle names for Olive... but I don't know what to pair it with. Any suggestions?
Zoey Olive - I kind of like it... kinda. Though Olive can only be a first name, I think. So this combo is kinda invalid. Doesn't sound very flattering either... Hmm :/
Zoey Aria - I like this one more than the above. But they have similar sounds... the eee sound in both of them. Aria Zoey could be pulled off, but I want Zoey to be a first name. I just might end up using it as a middle name somewhere, but I really do like it as a first. Suggestions, please?(:
Aubrey Jade - I like it and all, but I think this one is going to stick on the "Mike & Remy" list, and not MY personal list. Seeing as I only like Jade for the fact that Mike's grandma is such a sweet lady, but not the name itself. I love Aubrey. But I feel like as Aubrey // Audrey are so normal and used, I need a more interesting name to keep it fresh and beautiful. What do you think?
Lucy Maude - I do really like this suggestion from Raven!!(: but I'm a tad unsure on it... I like how she put Maude as a middle name because it suits that place well! But I'm iffy on Lucy. Because my aunts puppy is named Lucy and every time I see her she drools all over me :s cute puppy, LOTS of slime. yuck.. So I might just make the entire combo a GP? Or maybe find a middle name for them? Like, I love how Lucy Maude sounds... but I think I'd want the both of them as a middle name to something. WDYT?
Scarlett Ophelia // Ophelia Scarlett - I THINK I like these two names together for now. But which one should be the fn/mn? If its Ophelia I like the nick name Lia, but Scarlett is so pretty...<3
Aurelia Faye - I had Aurelia Fern at first, but then someone commented that I could do better... and I agreed. I love how Aurelia Fern looks, though I doubt I'd use Fern in real life, though it is darn cute. So, what do you think of Faye? Does it suit Aurelia? Who'd be nick named Aura? <333
Ivy Harriet - I really like the idea of it.. but they both have the eee sound. :/ And I can't seem to get over it.. but I'm starting to really like Harriet. For now as a middle name... but maybe even as a first eventually! Hattie is an adorable nick name! <3 But idk for the moment. It LOOKS so beautiful with Ivy... wish it sounded as great.
Ivy Patience - I like this better than the above, but not really sure on it. I feel like Patience doesn't suit it. Maybe I can use Patience with another first name? Then I need a middle name for Ivy...
Thalia Patience - I might like Thalia Patience better. I am debating taking the H out, because I always misspell it to be Tahlia. But I really like how it looks with the H. And I'm also debating using Thalia as a middle name instead. Cause its really cute, but it doesn't seem to fit the styles of my names quite as much. If I can't find a good first name for it, I'll make it a GP I suppose.
Aria Skylar - to be completely honest, I put these two together because I couldn't find a middle name for Aria or a name to go with Skyler [which 1. I can't decide on the spelling of, Schuyler or Skyler or Skylar. I LOVE Schuyler but people seem to get confused? Its the original spelling of it. But idk. Anyways 2. I also don't know if I want it as a fn or mn. So its currently up for being either].
June Eleanor - I do really like it and all, cause Eleanor is darn cute and I love June, which I'd totally call her JuneBug or Junie. But for Eleanor, I already have Eloise as a favorite, and I can't use both. The likelyhood of me going through all of my favorite girls names and then using June Eleanor next is very unlikely, but I still want a different middle name.
June Agnes - I am liking this better than the above, I think. I have been starting to like Agnes, but I'm still deciding on liking Aggie or not. It looks cute, kinda sounds like Maggie [which I'm stick FOREVER associating it with that book I read in English class Maggie Girl of the Streets. But besides that, I kinda really like. CUTE.] But still debating if I like it as THE middle name for June. I almost like the one below better, but that'd leave June middle nameless... again. Yeah, June has been off and on with middle names for a while.. :/
Agnes Clara - I am really liking these two together!!! I already have Penelope Clara set, which I really love. But then I really love Agnes Clara as well!! So if I add Agnes Clara, then Penelope will need a middle name again, and I just got set on that so I'm not really wanting to change it. So, could you either give middle name suggestions to Agnes or Penelope? [depending on if you prefer Penelope Clara or Agnes Clara]. Preferably, I'd like another for Agnes. But, if you think Clara suits Agnes best then other suggestions for Penelope are welcome.
Charlotte Eliza - sounds so lovely and classic.... but almost, say, boring do you think? Like, TOO classic and normal? I am digging Charlotte as a first name, especially seeing as I had a great aunt who recently passed who was named Charlotte, also a few great grandfather Charles's and stuff, and lately I am so fond of incorporating family names in!
Charlotte Isolde - I think I might prefer this to the above! I love Isolde, though I'd have to rid of Isabel is I choose Isolde seeing as they are so close. [Isolde is iz-ohhl-day, if I'm not mistaken]. I think Isolde is the name of a princess or a lover in some story, I don't remember. I read it a while ago.. but I really like it! So unique! Not sure if I'm gutsy enough to use it as a first name though :L So do you think it adds enough pizzaz to Charlotte to not make it too plain? Or is Charlotte Eliza better? Also, is the nick name Charley or Lottie better? I really like both, but can't decide! <3
Avery Fern - I'm thinking this will be guilty pleasure, seeing as it sounds very Charlotte's Web like haha! I really like Avery though, and so far I've only found two middle names that seem to suit Avery stylewise and all. Plus, I need a new first name for Fern seeing as Aurelia got a new one! <3 WDYT?
Leila Brooklyn - I'm very unsure of this one. It'll probably be a GP if I can't find anything better for either name. I kinda like Leila a lot, but probably as a middle name. Same for Brooklyn. Hmm..
Arabella Grier I'm thinking I like this one a lot! Besides the Arabella association from Jude the Obscure :x but besides that... Yay or Nay?
Harper Arabella - I think I might prefer Arabella as a middle, even if I like it a lot with Grier. But I'm too unsure at this moment. But wdyt of this combo? I'm iffy on Harper as a first name also, haha :L So iffy on so many names.. its really cute and reminds me of these sisters I knew in my sisters brownies class Alizah and Harper and they were the cutest little girls EVER. However, Wizards of Waverly Place make me iffy on Harper lol. I don't watch the show, but I have before and the Harper character is so clueless and all... its fun for the show, but an awkward association I guess.
Everlie Cecelia - I like Everlie mainly for the nick name Evie I think, cause I really love Evie. And I think Everlie Cecelia sounds really nice together... I'm just unsure on how much I like Everlie! I don't care for Evelyn AT ALL anymore, since I've started working for Crabtree and Evelyn lol. Its a lovely store, but now Evelyn makes me think of an old guys last name :L oh well... Eva or Eve are sweet as well, but just so short and not in need of a nick name. Is Everlie trendy, do you think? What do you think of Everlie, all round? Does the combo sound good together?
Aoife Willow - Aoife is Irish, pronounced ee-fa. I really love it, because I like Eva a lot and all but Aoife is a much softer sound, which I love. It would mean no Evie, but I think I'd be okay with that lol. Depending... and yeah, I know I'd have to pronounce the name to everyone all the time and all. And its complicated to spell. But five letters isn't that bad, especially in comparisons to Alexandria's and Samantha's and all haha. And seeing as they'll grow up with the name it wont be complicated to them at all and stuff. ANYWAYS, does it sound good with Willow? I don't really like it all that much, to be honest. And I'd really love to see it with a more suiting middle name.
Lanie Mabel - okay, so I legit put these together just because Lanie had no middle name and I had no idea what I could use for a middle name. I prefer it lah-knee, and not LAY-nee, but I just may give in to LAY-knee because people seem to get confused. Even though there is clearly no I's or Y's put before the N to make the A a long one lol. One of those random things that would only bother me (; So yeah. Lanie needs middle names. Mabel needs first names(:
Alexandria Mabel - I literally just came up with it now, and I think I really like it! I remember Yazzie suggesting me Alexandria, because Andie needed a full name. Which I still could use Andie, but I'd also love Lex or Lexi, or Alex. Idk. Still in the decision making. I'm unsure though, because I also ADORE Alexander. And obviously can't use both. Plus I have a cousin with the middle name Alexandra and a cousin named Alex. So that'd be a lot of them... would it be awkward to use Alexandria and call her Alex if I have a currently 7 year old cousin that I am really close to that is a boy named Alex? <3 Hmm.

I have ONE more comment!(: I would really like to add some family names into the mix, of loved ones and all. I have some really important ones to me, that influenced me so much... but for the most part, I don't really LOVE any of their names :/ I love them, and their name makes me think of them and its all wonderful.. but idk. Could you think of alternatives to each of their names to incorporate into my list?
- Donna Lee
- Barbara Mae [which I do have Maeve for, but I also want alternatives to Barbara, seeing as I could honor grandma and auntie Barabra]
- Edna
- Carol

Sorry this is so long!!! But feel free to mix and match ANY names on my list in suggesting anything! I understand if you can't come up with different names for all of the above, haha. This is darn long ;) sorry! I almost broke it down to two topics, but I figured I could save some room for other people to post and all and mix it into one.. idk.

Thanks HEAPS to anyone who has time to reply to even just a tiny bit of this!!!!

#2 Sally sue

Sally sue

Novice Baby Namer

• PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 09:37 PM

I feel funny picking apart people's names, because it really just comes down to a matter of opinion. And if YOU like your names, I think that's what really matters. However, picking apart names is kinda fun, so here goes. ;)
Emma Sophia - Very pretty. Both names are super popular though, which really bothers me. Like people just pick the first name they hear pop up, you know?
Gemma - never been a fan. Gem is just Jim. Doesn't sound like a girl name to me.
Olive Juliet - well, it has a nice flow. I don't like olives though. It doesn't sound like a nice thing to name someone after. Then there's Olive from Popeye which isn't the most attractive image either. I love Juliet. I think it deserves to be in the first name spot. Jules is a good nn.
Zoey Olive - I like Zoey. But then there's the Olive thing again. It's not so bad in the mn spot though. Not a bad combo.
Zoey Aria - It kind of all smooshes together too much when you say it. I think the flow is off when you reverse it.
Aubrey Jade - I'm just not a fan of Aubrey. I'm more into fresh and beautiful too. Jade is not bad as a mn.
Lucy Maude - I think it goes together well.
Scarlett Ophelia - It's a good combo. Better than the reverse. I want to like Scarlett but to me the SCAR always stands out, and from my experience, boys laugh at the "feel ya" part in Ophelia.
Aurelia Faye - Pretty and I like the nn Aura. Fern has always been one that I like but I don't think I could actually use it. Faye is better here. Aurelia Fern sounds like "a real fern."
Ivy Harriet - yeah, it looks better than it sounds. What about Harriet Iris?
Ivy Patience - no, it doesn't work. I've patience.
Thalia Patience - how are you pr. Thalia? It sounds good if the accent is on the "li" but not if it's on "Tha"
Aria Skylar - ok but definitely not great. Skylar is overused, so it's better as mn.
June Eleanor, June Agnes, Agnes Clara - none of these combos really flow well
Charlotte Eliza - pretty and classic, yes. both names are becoming pretty popular, but I can't help liking this combo. it's so pretty.
Charlotte Isolde - and this one's even better. Isolde really brings it up a notch, though I pr. it iz-old or eez-old.
Avery Fern - yeah, too much Charlotte's web. And I prefer Avery on a boy.
Leila Brooklyn - not a great match. I like Leila but prefer Leia. Leia flows better with Brooklyn too. I'm not a fan of Brooklyn though.
Arabella Grier - well, I generally don't like Grier, but this is a really nice combo. I like it.
Harper Arabella - is a tongue twister! And i don't like harper - too trendy. And Arabella deserves to be a fn.
Everlie Cecelia - is a mouthful. I want to like Everlie but it just sounds like Beverly which is not lovely at all. I'm in the same boat with Evi. I love Evi as a nn but can't find a name I really love that can be shortened. Dh wants Evelyn but to me it's too plain, plus I know 2 Evelyns. I prefer Evlina, Evaline, Evalina, Evangaline, Evangelina, Evleia, Evliya. Name meanings are important to me, and since Cecelia means "blind" that 's all I think when i see this name
Aoife Willow - not a bad combo. better than Eva Willow which sounds like "evil willow". I prefer Willow to Aoife. Willow would be a good fn. Aoife is pretty but complicated.
Lanie Mable - the ie makes the a long, just like the e in Lane makes the e long. Like Janie or Jamie. Both names are nice but the combo's not fabulous.
Alexandria Mabel -ok seems like a mismatch though

So. . . suggestions.
Evangeline Willow
Eleanor Ivy
Arabella Isolde
Zoey Juliet
Leia Charlotte
Clara Patience
Evlina Mabel
Arabella June
Eliza Mabel
Leila June

And to incorporate the family names:
Arabella Dawn (for Donna)

Caroline Ivy
Carolina June (for Carol)

Charlotte Edina
Eden Isolde
Mabel Edina (for Edna)

#3 ReadeAlexandra

ReadeAlexandra

Legendary Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,751 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 10:07 PM

Gemma Sophie - Gemma Sophia is adorable but I prefer Gemma (spelled Jemma) as a nn for Jemima. I know that not everyone likes it but maybe you will

Scarlett Ophelia - cute

Ivy Patience - I lke Patience better than Harriet with Ivy but might I suggest Ivy Alyssa?

Charlotte Isolde - gorgeous

Arabella Grier - love it

Alexandria Mabel - prefer Alexia personally ... still has all of the "lex" nn possibilities and it's not as long. If you want something for Andie, I would go wth Miranda

#4 Mika Casey

Mika Casey

Epic Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 12:08 AM

Gemma Sophia | Gemma Sophie
I really like the name Gemma (the nickname Gem is adorable!), but I definitely prefer the middle name Sophie. The rhyme is cute, but the non-rhyme will age better in my opinion. (:

Olive Juliet
I love Olive, so beautiful! Gemma and Olive make a fabulous sibset!

Zoey Olive | Zoey Aria
For some reason neither of these combos work perfectly, although I love all three names! I think I would like Aria Zoey!

Aubrey Jade
Love this combo! Not much else to say. :)

Lucy Maude
;) This made me so happy when I saw it! As for alternatives to Lucy, what about Lucille Maude or Lucinda Maude?

Scarlett Ophelia | Ophelia Scarlett
I like Ophelia Scarlett best, very pretty. (:

Aurelia Faye
I like this combo, and the I love the middle name Faye.

CUTIE I'm going to come back and finish
my brain cells are no longer working. <3

#5 Remy Hadley

Remy Hadley

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • 7,881 posts
  • Interests:♥ baby names ♥ pasta ♥ sherlock holmes ♥ knitting / crocheting ♥ hiking ♥ dogs ♥ sea creatures ♥ birds ♥ nature documentaries ♥ peaceful parenting ♥ cooking ♥

Posted 20 February 2012 - 11:56 AM

Thank you girls so much for the input!!!

Sarah in the woods:
Very true, names do come down to a matter of opinion! (: I do love hearing others opinions on my names though, and sometimes people notice things about my names that I didn't notice :/ Like if my names have associations I didn't notice or anything (: Plus, I do love picking apart peoples names<3333

But I know exactly what you mean <3 Because I genuinely do love each name, but when I see Emma Sophia together, it feels like a combo that just anyone could pick, and that many have probably already used :/ Even though I know that I really do love each name, still... But I never did notice how alike Gem and Jim are :) Gem does almost sound like Jim being pronounced funny...

Actually, I don't like olives either. They taste funny lol. Is it silly that I never associate the name Olive with the food? Like, I know that olives are food. But I see Olive and I think vintage, or I think of Olivia. How weird is it to use a name that is the name of a food you don't particularly like?! Ohh, I used to love Popeye lol. But lol the Olive there is funny looking.... Juliet is really beautiful. I just don't know if I'll ever actually use it! Jules is pretty, but I would want full out Juliet. No nicknames... which may be a challenge :/

Aria Zoey definitely flows better than Zoey Aria, cause they do smoosh. I can't seem to find any middle names that sound good with Zoey though! :/

Mmm, Jade is a fine middle name. I don't love the name, or really like it much at all to be honest. I just really love my bf's grandmother, so I wouldn't mind honoring her in the name! Actually, I'd love to honor her if me and Mike get to have kids together. Plus Mike likes Aubrey, so Aubrey Jade works. But for my own personal list, and not ours... I do want something more fresh for Aubrey. To make the used name still look gorgeous<3

The SCAR used to stand out in Scarlett to me until I met this girl named Scarlett and she just made the name so usable to me!(: Though, I don't know if I'd ever use it for real, but I do enjoy having it on my list! Same with Ophelia<3 I doubt Mike will like Ophelia, but I do love it. Sadly enough though, I suppose people will laugh at the feel-ya part :/

I didn't notice Aurelia Fern kinda does look like a real fern :l good thing I changed it lol

Ohh, Harriet Iris is lovely. I like Ivy a tad more than Iris, but Iris is really nice... hmm! Keeping it in though! <3

I pronounced Thalia like TAH-lee-uh (:

Mm, thats how I feel about Aria Skylar. I don't like them together, but I can't find anything greater for either of them!

Ohh, I like Isolde pronounced eez-old! Your probably right about the pronunciation though! And its better anyways haha. Charlotte Isolde<3333 Though I do like Charlotte Eliza a lot.. humph!!

Ohh, I really like Leia!!! Much better than Leila, actually!!! Would Leia be made fun of for the lay-ah though? Also, I know enough about starwars to know of princess leia, but I have never watched it... so would that association be bad? or would it be weird if I used it?

Oh my word, I didn't even notice that Everlie sounds like Beverly! :o And I know a few Beverly's who completely make that COMPLETELY unattractive :/ Oh well.... I like Evlina, Evaline, Evalina, and Evangaline. I'm iffy on Evangeline though, because my parents are evangelical christians and I'm very unfond of the religion :x So I'm not sure if that name is too closely tied to this and all... but Evlina is pretty! When I was in french class I chose the name Evelyne [ev-leen] and I liked it! And I do like name meanings, but I haven't been looking them up lately as much as I used to... and didn't even know that Cecelia meant blind!! I don't think I like this name as much as I used to... :/

Lol, Eva Willow would sound like evil willow hehe! I'm unsure of Willow as a first name. Especially seeing as Liam is my number 1 boys name... would Willow and Liam be an odd combo? I probably wouldn't use full name William, but yeah..

I really like these suggestions!!!!

Evangeline Willow
Zoey Juliet [though both have the ee in it still :x]
Leia Charlotte
Clara Patience
Evlina Mabel
Arabella June
Eliza Mabel
Arabella Dawn (for Donna)
Carolina June (for Carol)
Charlotte Edina
Eden Isolde (for Edna)

I really love Eden for Edna, actually!!! Very similar, but more much usable, in my opinion! Though using Eden would make Evie unusable. Oh well!

Again, thank you soo much! This all helped bunches!!!

ReadeAlexandra:
Hmm, I do like Jemima. But the association to the maple syrup... </3

Scarlett Ophelia - cute

Ivy Alyssa is pretty! Or maybe even Ivy Alice....!!! <3 Love!!

Alexia is lovely as well! I have thought of Alexa, or Alexis, or even Alexei. Miranda is okay, but I don't care for it very much.

Thanks bunches!!!! (:

Raven:
Mm, Gemma Sophie probably does work much better! <3 Normally I prefer full names, such as Sophia to Sophie. But in this case, I think I've got an exception.. <3

Ohhh, Gemma and Olive are a fabulous sib set!! <3 Eloise and Olive maybe, but I do love Gemma and Olive. Gem and Liv<3 Though I'm still debating the nick name Gem, cause Sarah mentioned how Gem sounds alike to Jim... </3 kinda does, like jim said funny. But I do like Gem.. errg. Plus I read an amazing book with a girl named Gemma in it and it was amazing! So idk, I might get over the jim association (:

I do like Aria Zoey, but I want Zoey as a first name and I can't seem to find any middle names to suit! <3

Ohh, Lucille could work well! Lucille Maude... ;) yay!! I'll have to look up that poet/author lady you mentioned though, the Lucy Maude? (: So then I can know the works I would be using in the name and all hehe<3

Aww thanks so much Raven!!!! This helped heaps!!! <3 And hehe, its okay, I had to log off bng myself after I posted because it was about midnight and my eyes were frying from the screen :') tehehe!!! Get some good sleep! :)

Again, thank you ladies!!! All helped SO much! <3

#6 Mika Casey

Mika Casey

Epic Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 12:08 PM

Thank you girls so much for the input!!!

Raven:
Mm, Gemma Sophie probably does work much better! <3 Normally I prefer full names, such as Sophia to Sophie. But in this case, I think I've got an exception.. <3

Ohhh, Gemma and Olive are a fabulous sib set!! <3 Eloise and Olive maybe, but I do love Gemma and Olive. Gem and Liv<3 Though I'm still debating the nick name Gem, cause Sarah mentioned how Gem sounds alike to Jim... </3 kinda does, like jim said funny. But I do like Gem.. errg. Plus I read an amazing book with a girl named Gemma in it and it was amazing! So idk, I might get over the jim association (:

I do like Aria Zoey, but I want Zoey as a first name and I can't seem to find any middle names to suit! <3

Ohh, Lucille could work well! Lucille Maude... ;) yay!! I'll have to look up that poet/author lady you mentioned though, the Lucy Maude? (: So then I can know the works I would be using in the name and all hehe<3

Aww thanks so much Raven!!!! This helped heaps!!! <3 And hehe, its okay, I had to log off bng myself after I posted because it was about midnight and my eyes were frying from the screen :') tehehe!!! Get some good sleep! :)

Again, thank you ladies!!! All helped SO much! <3

Zoey Monroe
Zoey Rebecca
Zoey Natalia
Zoey Cherise
Zoey Teagan
Zoey Quinn
Zoey Jacqueline
Zoey Lenore
Zoey Addison
Zoey Vittoria

As for Lucy, this is the poem I know and really like:

An Autumn Evening
by Lucy Maude Montgomery

Dark hills against a hollow crocus sky
Scarfed with its crimson pennons, and below
The dome of sunset long, hushed valleys lie
Cradling the twilight, where the lone winds blow
And wake among the harps of leafless trees
Fantastic runes and mournful melodies.

The chilly purple air is threaded through
With silver from the rising moon afar,
And from a gulf of clear, unfathomed blue
In the southwest glimmers a great gold star
Above the darkening druid glens of fir
Where beckoning boughs and elfin voices stir.

And so I wander through the shadows still,
And look and listen with a rapt delight,
Pausing again and yet again at will
To drink the elusive beauty of the night,
Until my soul is filled, as some deep cup,
That with divine enchantment is brimmed up.

#7 Remy Hadley

Remy Hadley

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • 7,881 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 12:17 PM

Zoey Monroe
Zoey Rebecca
Zoey Natalia
Zoey Cherise
Zoey Teagan
Zoey Quinn
Zoey Jacqueline
Zoey Lenore
Zoey Addison
Zoey Vittoria

As for Lucy, this is the poem I know and really like:

An Autumn Evening
by Lucy Maude Montgomery

Dark hills against a hollow crocus sky
Scarfed with its crimson pennons, and below
The dome of sunset long, hushed valleys lie
Cradling the twilight, where the lone winds blow
And wake among the harps of leafless trees
Fantastic runes and mournful melodies.

The chilly purple air is threaded through
With silver from the rising moon afar,
And from a gulf of clear, unfathomed blue
In the southwest glimmers a great gold star
Above the darkening druid glens of fir
Where beckoning boughs and elfin voices stir.

And so I wander through the shadows still,
And look and listen with a rapt delight,
Pausing again and yet again at will
To drink the elusive beauty of the night,
Until my soul is filled, as some deep cup,
That with divine enchantment is brimmed up.

Zoey Rebecca
Zoey Natalia
Zoey Lenore
Zoey Vittoria

These ones are nice, I think Zoey Vittoria is my favorite at the moment! <3

But ohhh, I really like that!! Very pretty poem! <3333

#8 Mika Casey

Mika Casey

Epic Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 02:58 PM

Ivy Harriet | Ivy Patience
I love Ivy Harriet, but Ivy Patience is beautiful! ;)

Thalia Patience
I love the name Thalia (my sister is named Talia), but I don't like Patience with it...the initials TP throw me off, and the combo doesn't sound great...what about Thalia Rae, Thalia Janelle, or Thalia Marian?

Aria Skylar
I don't love this combo, even though I like these two names. Plus, what if Aria marries somebody with a last name that starts with S? Those initials wouldn't be good. Suggestions: Schuyler Aria, Serenity Aria, Aria Kelly.

June Eleanor | June Agnes
Neither of these sit right with me. What about Eleanor June?

Agnes Clara
I really like Clara as a middle, and I love the nickname Aggie for Agnes...but I'm not sure how to feel about this name.

Charlotte Eliza | Charlotte Isolde
I love Charlotte Isolde! (:

Avery Fern
I love Avery Fern, so beautiful! I don't love Avery on a girl, but it works here.

Arabella Grier | Harper Arabella
I love Arabella Grier! What about another middle for Harper? Harper Lee, Harper Robin, Harper Noelle.

Everlie Cecelia
I don't love Everlie, especially this spelling. What about Everly Cecelia or Ever Cecelia?

Aoife Willow
I don't love this name...I love the Irish names Sinead and Niamh, and I think Sinead Willow would be lovely. (:

Lanie Mabel | Alexandria Mabel
I love the name Alexandria, especially with Mabel. What about Lanie Rachelle, Lanie Bridget, Lanie Olivia?

#9 PaperHeart

PaperHeart

Genie-ous Baby Namer and Moderator

• Super Moderators
  • 12,160 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 10:34 AM

[Emma Sophia // Gemma Sophie]
I personally think Gemma Sophie has much more zest and isn't as bland. Gem is an adorable nickname, and if you wanted, you could still get away with Em/Emmy.

[Olive Juliet // Zoey Olive]
I love Olive Juliet. I have Olive Harriet on my list which has similar sounds, but doesn't have the Olive Juice thing. Though, ILOVEYOU isn't such a bad associastion! ♥ I do like Zoey, but Zoey Olive isn't my favourite combo.

[Zoey Olive // Zoey Aria]
Agreed that Aria Zoey would flow better. It's a very cute combo, maybe too cute? Zoey Aria is nice, but I do prefer it switched around.

[Zoey Aria // Aria Skylar]
It's maybe a little fantasy sounding? I think if you're using it as a middle name, it COULD be spelled Schuyler. Aria Schuyler looks better to me. Maybe more elegant?

[Aubrey Jade]
I think Aubrey Jade works better than Audrey Jade, simply because of the hard "D" sounds in both Audrey & Jade. But here's a few ideas:
Isobel Jade
Caroline Jade
Vivienne Jade
Alice Jade
Eliza Jade
Meredith Jade
Camilla Jade
Annika Jade
Phoebe Jade
Emilia Jade
Rosalind Jade
Laurel Jade
Penelope Jade
Vera Jade
Nicolette Jade
Zinnia Jade
Katherine Jade
Ariella Jade
Deirdre Jade
Celia Jade
Odette Jade
Rhiannon Jade
Elissa Jade
Pippa Jade
Gwendolen Jade
Hollis Jade
Morgana Jade
Teresa Jade
Caia Jade
Willa Jade
Seraphina Jade
Flora Jade
Lucille Jade
Nora Jade
Francesca Jade
Adrienne Jade
Viola Jade
Charlotte Jade
Fiona Jade
Sophia Jade
Lucia Jade
Ophelia Jade
Lenora Jade
Margaret Jade
Florence Jade
Poppy Jade
Dana Jade
Helena Jade
Stella Jade
...Jane could also be a nice alternative to Jade if you can't find something you like. Or Jada.

[Lucy Maude]
I love Lucy Maude, but I would personally go with a name that's longer and could be shortened to Lucy. Lucille is a good one! Lucille Maude is gorgeous.
Believe I suggested this to Raven already. ;)

[Scarlett Ophelia // Ophelia Scarlett]
I love Ophelia Scarlett. There's something about Ophelia as a first name, that I just adore. ♥

[Aurelia Faye]
Loving Aurelia! And Faye is a great middle name. Makes everything sound softer. Really like!

[Ivy Harriet // Ivy Patience]
Though I adore Harriet, I think Ivy Patience is just so stunning! I had it on my list for a while. Also had Ivy Helena..

[Ivy Patience // Thalia Patience]
Sorry, prefer Ivy Patience, though I do like Thalia/Talia/Tahlia.

[June Eleanor // June Agnes]
June is a wonderful name. June Eleanor is getting my vote though, makes it a little less stuffy and very very cute! Though Eleanor June would be beautiful.

[June Agnes // Agnes Clara]
Agnes Clara is wonderful, my favourite by far. ♥ Aggie is just so cute!!

[Charlotte Eliza // Charlotte Isolde]
I had a tough time with these two. I think I'd go with Charlotte Isolde for the plain fact that Eliza is becoming more common right now.
But either is a LOVELY choice.

[Avery Fern]
I dislike this pair. Both names are just very different style. Fern is underused and charming and Avery is starting to grow on me for a boy...

[Leila Brooklyn]
Leila's sweet, but Brooklyn is NMS.

[Arabella Grier // Harper Arabella]
I like both, but think I'll go with Arabella Grier. It just has something a little more spunky and cool about it, yet it's so elegant! ♥
Beautiful choice.

[Everlie Cecelia]
Can I suggest Cecelia Fern? Everlie isn't my style at all. Ever Cecelia would be stunning though!

[Aoife Willow]
The problem with really unusual spellings, even if correct, is that other's may have to actually spell them. Aoife is a very hard one, especially if said "Ee-fa".
But I'll agree that it goes nicely with Willow. I'd use it as a middle name, myself. And I totally agree with Raven about Sinead and Niamh. Even Roisin or Siobhan are more common.

[Lanie Mabel // Alexandria Mabel]
Loved both of these combos, but Alexandria Mabel won out. I think the only problem would be the amount of Alex's you have in your family. That's when I'd suggest Andie as a nickname! Maybe even Ria or Annie. But Lexi is adorable too! As for Lanie, here's a few middle name ideas:

Lanie Veronica
Lanie Charlotte
Lanie Abigail
Lanie Imogen
Lanie Bridget
Lanie Frances
Lanie Jacqueline
Lanie Noelle
Lanie Aurora
Lanie Iris
Lanie Amelia
Lanie Katherine
Lanie Genevieve
Lanie Vivian
Lanie Arabelle
Lanie Serena
Lanie Wendolyn
Lanie Simone
Lanie Autumn
Lanie Josephine
Lanie Hazel
Lanie Rosalind
Lanie Corinne
Lanie Guinevere
Lanie Miranda
Lanie Justice
Lanie Piper
Lanie Marigold
Lanie Harper
Lanie Victoria
Lanie Cecile
Lanie Jocelyn
Lanie Sophia
Lanie Estelle
Lanie Magnolia
Lanie Delphine
Lanie Margaret
Lanie Francesca
Lanie Carissa
Lanie Isadora
Lanie Esther
Lanie Julianne
Lanie Scarlett
Lanie Harriet
Lanie Prudence
Lanie Georgia
Lanie Juliet
Lanie Gail
Lanie Colette
Lanie Opal
Lanie Gwyneth
Lanie Rose
Lanie Theresa
Lanie Beatrice
Lanie Delilah
Lanie Victoire
Lanie Jean
Lanie Rebecca
Lanie Virginia

Loved ALL of your combinations :) Hope this helped, Haddie dear. ♥
As for the honouring names, here's some alternatives for each:

Donna/Lee:
Dana, Dawn, Dinah, Diana, Deanna, Diane, Delaney, Deborah, Demitria, Drew, Dahlia, Delilah, Deirdre, Daphne, Delphine, Dorothy, Darcy.
Leigh, Amelie, etc. {Any name with "Lee" in it!} Or you could ofc use her initials.
[Just had to add, that I love the combination Vivian Leigh. I know it's the name of a 50's actress {Vivien Leigh} but it works so well as a fn/mn combo! ♥]

Barbara/Mae:
Briar, Belle, Blanche, Bridget, Bianca, Beth, Bree, Breanne, Britton, Brenna, Bryony, Brooke, Bronte, Blair.
Maeve, Maisie, Macey, Mabel {see you already have it!}, Maura, Mercy, Mira, Marilyn, Monica, Matilda, Melinda, Maude {Again}, Marina, Mary, Megan, Maxine, Margot, Marian, Madeleine, Marguerite, Martina, Meredith, Mischa, Mara, Magnolia, Meryl, Moira, Marin, Magdalene, Margaret, Mariel.

Edna:
Edie, Eden, Edith, Edina, Etta.
OR even Adina, Adelie, Audrina, Adriana, Ilana or Dina {Or anything ending in "na"}

Carol:
Caroline, Carly, Carrie, Carys, Carmella, Carrigan, Coral, Carlotta, Cara, Cora, Carissa, Carina, Carmen, Calla, Claudia, Christianne, Ciara, Coralie, Caterine, Clarisse, Corinne, Camilla, Charlotte, Clarissa, Celine, Colleen, Cadence, Cassia, Claire, Cecilia, Cordelia, Charity, Christina, Charlize, Celeste.

#10 xxThePumpkinQueenxx

xxThePumpkinQueenxx

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 1,712 posts
  • Interests:singing, writing, reading, psychology, science, math, forensics, children, going to church, being with my family and SEC football. War Eagle!

Posted 21 February 2012 - 01:35 PM

Emma Sophia | Gemma Sophia
I honestly prefer Emma to Gemma. I've never quite liked Gemma. To me, it's harsh sounding, but I agree with mainstream Emma Sophia is.

Olive Juliet
I'm not a fan of Olive. When I see it, I instantly think of my friend's photography business, Olive Photos. I, myself, prefer Olivia but I would probably never actually use it on a child :o And I love Juliet! This is a really cute name though :)

Zoey Olive
This doesn't seem to flow very well ;)

Zoey Aria
These two names are cute! But together are a mouthful.

Aubrey Jade
love, love, love! ;) Instant love!

Lucy Maude
This one is insanely cute too :) I love the name Lucy <3

Scarlett Ophelia // Ophelia Scarlett
I def. prefer Scarlett Ophelia. This name is so gorgeous!
And I never noticed the "feel-ya" part about Ophelia. I actually had to say that out loud to get that. I don't think too many people will be bothering to poke at a middle name, in my opinion. :D

Aurelia Faye
I think this is so cute! I think they work well together

Ivy Harriet | Ivy Patience
hmm I like Ivy, but I'm not sure of either muddle names.
Did you want Ivy as the first name? If not, what about Harriet Ivy?

Thalia Patience
I'm not to fond of the name Thalia. I've seen how you would pronounce it, but I still can't help but struggle with the pronunciation everytime I see it. :/

Aria Skylar
Aria seems to be a really hard name to find anything for :/ It's cute, but difficult lol. What if you lengthened it out and used Aria as a nn? Like Arianna Skylar? or Zoey Arianna?

June Eleanor | June Agnes
oh em gee! i LOVE Eleanor. :) It's totally on my guilty pleasure list. And I think June is adorable!

Agnes Clara
You know I'm bias to Clara <3 and I honestly like Agnes, but I instanly thought it was Agnes Claire :/ Maybe Clara Agnes instead?

Charlotte Eliza | Charlotte Isolde
Charlotte Eliza is gorgeous!

Alexandria Mabel
i love this! And with Alexandria, you could use so many nicknames outside of Alex!
Xandria, Xandra, Lex, Alexa, Lexi, Lexis, Alexis. <3

so, I skipped a bunch because Hayleigh has decided she's finished with her lunch and she is now spreading it across the table and throwing it into the floor :)
I'll try to come back later and do the rest!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users