• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Remy Hadley

Remy Hadley

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,883 posts
  • Interests:♥ baby names ♥ pasta ♥ sherlock holmes ♥ knitting / crocheting ♥ hiking ♥ dogs ♥ sea creatures ♥ birds ♥ nature documentaries ♥ peaceful parenting ♥ cooking ♥

Posted 28 April 2012 - 07:47 AM

So! I was at work reviewing my namelist and noticing how Mike really seems to like a lot of dated names. And thats what I originally thought about Laura // Lauren when I first saw it. But when I said it outloud... it just sounds so lovely! I'm not quite as fond of Lauren, it just seems SO used. Plus I was watching a show with the annoying mean girl Lauren. So eh.

I was thinking about other possibilities to Laura, like Laurel or Lorelei, but I'm thinking Laura might even be my fav! Possibly Laurel, I do plan on seeing Mikes thoughts on it. But I do love Laura! And I was thinking... do you think possibly nick name Lo could come from Laura? In the show mentioned above, the character Lauren was called Lo on occasion and I do think its really cute. And I am a big fan of nick names... so is Lo a possible nick name?

Also, middle names suggestions??? I've tried a few, but none seem to really fit :(

I was reading an article about Laura actually, and it was saying Laura is "the little black dress" of baby names. I guess it was basically saying its a timeless classic! A Laura can be any age, old or young, and you could never guess. And its definitely classic. Though, I am hesitant on the timeless matter. Because I honestly have only met Laura's that were at least 35. And in my imagination, I can imagine a baby of mine suiting the name Laura... its just that I don't know if everyone else does?? Everyone elses opinion only matters slightly here, but it still comforts me in the idea of using the name!

Thanks so much ladies!!

#2 Meghan<3

Meghan<3

Legendary Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,823 posts
  • Interests:Baby names, writing, reading, animals

Posted 28 April 2012 - 01:26 PM

I love Laura! It is timeless and classic.
Lo is a wonderful nickname, too.

Here are some middle name ideas:

Laura Tiffany
Laura Josephine
Laura Penelope
Laura Caitlin
Laura Genevieve
Laura Giselle
Laura Margaret
Laura Catherine
Laura Phoebe
Laura Felicity
Laura Danielle
Laura Juliette
Laura Julianne
Laura Celeste
Laura Simone
Laura June
Laura Jane
Laura Naomi
Laura Scarlett
Laura Nicole
Laura Beatrice
Laura Beatrix
Laura Vivienne

Good luck!

#3 Permanent Rose

Permanent Rose

Legendary Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,517 posts
  • Interests:art, reading, writing, dogs and cats

Posted 29 April 2012 - 01:15 PM

My mom's name is Laura. But I know so many people with the name that it really is easy to see on any age, and it doesn't have a negative or positive feel because there's people I like with it but also people I'm not fond of. My mom's name is Laura Jean, which might be a little dated but I think it has a nice ring. Going off of that, I like Laura Jane as well.

#4 PaperHeart

PaperHeart

Genie-ous Baby Namer and Moderator

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,160 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 01:30 PM

Mm. I like Laura. Whenever I think of it, I think of Reese Witherspoon [Whose full name is Laura Jeanne Reese] ! :(
So to me, it's a very good association.

Not sure how I feel about it on a little kid though. I agree with you on that the only Laura's I know are 25+.
The ones under 25 are all Lauren's... but I'm not too fond of that one.

But the nickname Lo is perfect! Love love love. ♥

I do also like Rosie's suggestion of Laura Jane!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users