• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Tyzekiel99

Tyzekiel99

Aspiring Baby Namer

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 06:38 AM

We're expecting and like the name Saxton Grace. Every one of our family members absolutely hate it. Saying its a cruel name for a little girl. What do you think of the name, and what kind of issue is she gonna run into down the road from teasing etc? Thanks for your help!

#2 PaperHeart

PaperHeart

Genie-ous Baby Namer and Moderator

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,160 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 10:15 AM

I'm inclined to agree with your family. But at the end of the day, it's your baby, and only you can make the decision. Choose a name you love. It's hard enough finding one you can agree on, once you do, you should go with your gut.

I personally wouldn't use it, because in my head, I keep thinking "sexton", which bothers me. But it might just be and my awkward brain...
Either way, YOUR baby.

Good luck :)

#3 Jay.

Jay.

Superstar Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 697 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 01:11 PM

I think I agree with Yas and your family..... Saxton is ALL boy to me.... Saxon as well. Maybe try a different name for your little girl and if you have a boy along the way, use Saxton Gray :)

#4 brittany111

brittany111

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,912 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 03:14 AM

personally i don't like it (on a girl or boy) Sax is too close to Sex for me, which is where teasing potential could lie. That aside i think it is too masculine, ther are some unisex names that work really well and others that i think shoudln't really be used. But like Yasmine said, if you like it, then use it. Just remember she will have the name the rest of her life. Something that might be helpful is to say these aloud a few times to see if the name works

1- Order your next coffee under that name, see the reactions complete strangers give you rather than family.
2- Say something to the affect of 'Congratulations _____________ on you maths test result'
3- My name is ________________ and i was wondering if youhad any positions vacant

just things like that so you get a feel of the name.

#5 PaperHeart

PaperHeart

Genie-ous Baby Namer and Moderator

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,160 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 07:10 AM

personally i don't like it (on a girl or boy) Sax is too close to Sex for me, which is where teasing potential could lie. That aside i think it is too masculine, ther are some unisex names that work really well and others that i think shoudln't really be used. But like Yasmine said, if you like it, then use it. Just remember she will have the name the rest of her life. Something that might be helpful is to say these aloud a few times to see if the name works

1- Order your next coffee under that name, see the reactions complete strangers give you rather than family.
2- Say something to the affect of 'Congratulations _____________ on you maths test result'
3- My name is ________________ and i was wondering if youhad any positions vacant

just things like that so you get a feel of the name.

We have a brilliant guide on the homepage. Write down the full name and it gives you a bunch of sentences to say aloud with the name mixed in, so you can get an idea of how it would sound.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Girl name, Baby name, Odd name

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users