2 replies to this topic

#1 Wish

Wish

Junior Baby Namer

• Bronze Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 01:10 PM

I just discovered this name and OMG it is GORGEOUS !! I do have a nerd streak and this was my thought: Galileo was a famous astronomer who discovered that our solar system actually revolved around the sun rather than the earth. I love sunflowers, but cant summon the enthusiasm to use any version of the name as a first, so using it as a second and pairing these two just seemed darling. What do you all think?

#2 HxppySxng

HxppySxng

Legendary Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,040 posts
  • Interests:Planners, piercings, Witchcraft, Netflix, & baking.

Posted 11 August 2014 - 01:45 PM

I'd like to start off by saying that Galilea is gorgeous, but naming your daughter that, you'd be giving her the gift of mispronunciations and misspellings all her life. Those that know of Galileo, shouldn't have a problem, but the younger generation isn't the most well-educated. 

Mirasol.. I've googled it and the first thing that came up is a residential eating disorder recovery facility. Do you mean Marisol? If so, Marisol is gorgeous, and a gp of mine thanks to the television series Devious Maids. 

As a combo, the names work well together. A+ combo. 

#3 Wish

Wish

Junior Baby Namer

• Bronze Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 02:57 PM

Thank you BabyNamingBailey! I'm not too concerned about children misspelling her name, if anything it would be an educational opportunity. I think Galileo is a grand namesake. Mirasol means sunflower in spanish. The two names play off each other. Galileo's sunflower. I think it's adorable!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users