Help Please!!!!!!

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_toribethh_*

Guest_toribethh_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 February 2009 - 12:50 PM

Hey I'm Tori. I'm writing a young adult novel. My main character's name is Bella and I think that I should change it because of all the hype about Twilgiht (The main character in it's name is Bella) I like the names Anastaciya and Vaslissa, I also like Katarina but I'm open to other suggestions. I like classic names for her. I also would like to hear what you guys have to say about the other characters names.

IT's about a girl named Arabella nn. Bella who after her best friend dies, goes to Bryner Academy for Exceptional Students. The students are definetly exceptional. Bella's parents reveal to her that she has the ability to hear people's thoughts and feelings. She meets Tyson (nn. Ty), Olivia (Liv), Elena (Leny), Calden (Cal) and Ezekeil (Zeke) and becomes friends with them. THey are all around 14 or 15 and were born in 1994.

Bella- has dyed midlength red hair and one eye that is green and one that is blue. She is about 5' 2" SHe wears a lot of dark colors and is very outgoing she is a little crazy and wild. she is in drama productions and can sing soprano amazingly well. She can read people's thoughts and feelings

Ty- shaggy dark brown hair and blue eyes that get darker blue as they get closer to the pupil making them look very deep. He is 6' tall wears lots of rock band t-shirts. He is loud and crazy. He is also in drama productions and sings baritone. He can control fire

Liv- Long Platinum Blonde Hair that is very long and brown eyes. She is 5' 8" and built like a supermodel. She loves shopping and loves people. Bella's roomate. She is pscyhic

Leny- Short black hair and green-grey eyes. She is 5' 6" and very thin. She was born in IReland and talks with a thick accent. She is Bella's other roommate. She is a traveler. She can go anywher even into pictures.

Cal- He has dirty Blond hair that is short and brown eyes. he is 6' 2". He dresses very preppy and is very smart. He controls Water

Zeke- He has light brown hair and brown eyes. He is 6' 5" and built like a line backer. He loves Hockey and Football. He is a typical jock and wears mostly sweats. He is superstrong and can control earth(Dirt)

#2 Remy Hadley

Remy Hadley

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,884 posts
  • Interests:♥ baby names ♥ pasta ♥ sherlock holmes ♥ knitting / crocheting ♥ hiking ♥ dogs ♥ sea creatures ♥ birds ♥ nature documentaries ♥ peaceful parenting ♥ cooking ♥

Posted 08 February 2009 - 07:20 PM

I think instead of Bella she can be Arabella nn Aeri. Thats a very gorgeous name, and seems to fit your description of her. I don't care for the other names. GL!

#3 Guest_toribethh_*

Guest_toribethh_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 February 2009 - 02:39 PM

I like the nickname Aeri for Arabella I never thought of it
THANK YOU!!!
Do you have any suggestions for the other names????

#4 Remy Hadley

Remy Hadley

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,884 posts
  • Interests:♥ baby names ♥ pasta ♥ sherlock holmes ♥ knitting / crocheting ♥ hiking ♥ dogs ♥ sea creatures ♥ birds ♥ nature documentaries ♥ peaceful parenting ♥ cooking ♥

Posted 09 February 2009 - 04:06 PM

Your welcome! It's one of my fav names, actually! Other suggestions for that charictor... I don't have any.... maybe Lillith, Willow, Lyric.... idk. Did you mean for the other charictors too? The other ones names fit them well, but if you want more, I'm glad to help anytime! GL!

#5 Guest_toribethh_*

Guest_toribethh_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 February 2009 - 03:52 PM

What do you think of the nickname Ella?
I was thinking of changing it to that.

Also I'm not sure about Elena nn. Leny orignally I picked that name because she could control Light and that's what the name Elena means. Now that I changed her power I'm not so sure on wether or not the name fits her. I'm looking for an Irish, Welsh, or Gaelic name because of her home.

Thanks!!!

#6 JTC88

JTC88

Junior Baby Namer

• Bronze Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 05:33 PM

I think Ella is perfect!
Heres a few names insted of Elena, if you don't want that:
Aideen (pn. ay-deen) "Little Fire"
Aileen (pn. ay-leen) "Honorable or Noble"
Alanna (pn. ah-lon-uh) "Bewitching or Alluring"
Aislinn (pn. ash-lin) "Dream"
Briana (pn. bree-ah-na) "Noble or Virtuous"
Cairenn (pn. care-in) "Little Precious"
Casey (pn. kay-see) "Diligent or Adventurous"
Kaitlyn (pn. kate-lin) "Pure"
Keela (pn. kee-luh) "Slender or Adorable"
Neila (pn. nee-luh) "Champion or Conqueror"
Norah (pn. nor-uh) "Honor"
Regan (pn. ray-gan) "Descendent of Royalty"
Searc (pn. shark) "Passion or Devotion"

Those are all Irish! Some of them very Irish. What's Elena's new power? Maybe we can find a name that fits her well.

#7 Guest_toribethh_*

Guest_toribethh_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 February 2009 - 09:46 PM

her power is that she is a traveler she can travel to places and even into pictures and painting.
Thanks for the help

#8 JTC88

JTC88

Junior Baby Namer

• Bronze Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 10:00 PM

Okay, that's cool. I'll try and keep my eyes open for a name like that!

#9 Guest_toribethh_*

Guest_toribethh_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 February 2009 - 02:39 PM

thanx

btw do you think the name Tyson is to close to Tyler (Possibly one of the most over used names of my generation)

#10 Guest_toribethh_*

Guest_toribethh_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 February 2009 - 09:47 PM

Okay so I figured that I should put up the last names that I'm using for the characters to see what you guys think of the full names.

Arabella Katarina Gent
Tyson James Harris
Olivia Jacline King
Elena Kiera O'Banks
Claden Micheal Bryner
Ezekiel Joshua Herman
Andrew Kaden Sawyer
Aira Marie Ventresca
Derek Jared Zappi
Finnegan Seamus Tress

WDYT???
THanks!

#11 JTC88

JTC88

Junior Baby Namer

• Bronze Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 21 February 2009 - 04:30 PM

I think Tyson is different enough from Tyler.

Arabella Katarina Gent - It's super pretty, and sounds great.
Tyson James Harris - Definately fits the description of Ty.
Olivia Jacline King - Again, fits her description perfectly.
Elena Kiera O'Banks - For sure an Irish name.
Calden Michael Bryner - Love it.
Ezekiel Joshua Herman - Perfect for the description you gave of him!!
Andrew Kaden Sawyer - Love this name too. Andrew's one of my favorites.
Aira Marie Ventresca - Really really pretty name.
Derek Jared Zappi - Nice choice.
Finnegan Seamus Tress - If this guy's name isn't Irish, I don't think any name is! Ha. It flows nicely.

Overall, I think you made some amazing choices! Good luck with your writing.

#12 Guest_toribethh_*

Guest_toribethh_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 February 2009 - 04:49 PM

I just realized that I put Aira, Derek and Finn's names up but not their descriptions

Aira- Classic mean girl. She is Bella's Enemy. She is my Draco Malfoy. Why she doesn't like Bella no one know except her best friend Derek. She has medium length brown hair. She is 5' 6" and thin. Very snobby. Controls Air

Derek- Aira's best friend. Rumors are always going around the school that he's gay. He has dirty Blonde Hair. He's 6' and husky. He is Telekinetic which means he can move things with his mind.

Finn- He is friends with Derek but is also good friends with Zeke. He is 5' 8" and thin. He can shapeshift.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users