• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Jackofhearts

Jackofhearts

Aspiring Baby Namer

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 11:25 AM

I'm having the most difficult time finding a name for my third boy. For some reason when I am pregnant I HATE every name on the planet. And after the baby is born I feel regret not using a name I liked.

So far...My oldest is named Jonah Gage Joyce
My youngest is named Devin Jaymes Joyce.

This one? I am torn.
I have ALWAYS loved the name River.
But I always get talked out of it by people who want to suggest a name like Brody or Parker. -_-
Or my mom who loves more traditional common names or popular names...she tends to throw a fit until I pick something she can deal with. Leaving me FURIOUS that I don't ever get to use a name I like. haha

Anyways. This is what I have come down to but am so on the fence.

River Sawyer Joyce. ---- Not sure about them both ending in "er" or how it sounds with my last name.

So I kindof liked Ronin Sawyer Joyce.

Other names I'm considering...
River Connor Joyce.
River Lucas Joyce.

I looooove River James. However....I HATE the idea of reusing a middle name. And I used Jaymes for my little man already.

Any thoughts or suggestions??

I'd also like a different but more masculine middle name since River can go either way. It needs a stronger male middle name to even it out, I think anyways.
I like a lot of literary names. Old names. I guess it's just my inner geek. Hence Sawyer...Mark Twain. Lucas....George. ;op lol

#2 CCritter

CCritter

Novice Baby Namer

• PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 09:50 PM

Ronin Sawyer is my personal favorite. It's different, but not too odd. You can tell your mother it's like Robin, but with an n. Roman is a similar suggestion.

#3 ashooles

ashooles

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,952 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 04:33 PM

Naming your child is not up to your mum. She has no say in the matter. And, ones he's born, I'm sure she will love him anyway :)

River Lucas is nice

I also like Ronin Connor. It has a nice flow.

#4 Guest_Baby Namers Agent_*

Guest_Baby Namers Agent_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 September 2012 - 09:05 PM

River is a great name. I am having a baby girl and I was going to name my baby River Aidan Myers. I will be naming my next child River Aidan Myers (if it's a boy LOL!) I personally like River Sawyer Joyce the best. I will suggest that you would create a baby name poll. I can do that 4 you if you would like me to. Some suggestions are:
River Atlanta Joyce
River Freddy Joyce
River George Joyce
River Brandon Joyce
River Caldwell Joyce

Like Any?"
Also the way spelled James was funky but unique! I love to spell James "Jaymes!"

#5 Katie-Nana

Katie-Nana

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,652 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 08:29 AM

I really like both Ronin Sawyer and River (but I think the matching -er endings of River Sawyer is a bit much).

I think Ronin fits right in with your other boys names. It has the same long O as Jonah and the same -in ending as Devin. Yet it is still different enough that it wouldn't cause confusion. For example, you wouldn't want to use the names Joseph or Kevin.

I think River also works nicely with your boys names. It has the same sort of modern/boyish feel about it. I wouldn't pair it with a middle name ending in -er however. River Lucas Joyce sounds nice. What about...

River Dean
River Zane
River Ezra
River Jude
River Jared
River Cade

#6 MommaMeg

MommaMeg

Star Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 364 posts
  • Interests:I love....Reading, Napping in a Hammock, Playing with Nora, making Wyatt laugh, Walking my dogs, Singing, Watching Movies, Running, Wearing Sunglasses, Walking barefoot on soft grass, making my husband laugh, remembering good things that have happened in my life, writing short stories, thinking up baby names...

Posted 24 September 2012 - 10:00 AM

I really like River Sawyer. I think that if this is a name that you have loved for a long time, you should go for it. It the name feels right to you, then go with it!

#7 Jackofhearts

Jackofhearts

Aspiring Baby Namer

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 08:16 PM

River is a great name. I am having a baby girl and I was going to name my baby River Aidan Myers. I will be naming my next child River Aidan Myers (if it's a boy LOL!) I personally like River Sawyer Joyce the best. I will suggest that you would create a baby name poll. I can do that 4 you if you would like me to. Some suggestions are:
River Atlanta Joyce
River Freddy Joyce
River George Joyce
River Brandon Joyce
River Caldwell Joyce

Like Any?"
Also the way spelled James was funky but unique! I love to spell James "Jaymes!"

lol Thank you. I actually like to steer away from odd spellings of names. But my little Devin is the first NON J name in my entire family for the last few decades.
Ex:
My father's name: Jack Jay Joyce
His father is also Jack Jay Joyce. My Grandmother is Jane Joyce.
My aunts are Jana and Jill
My brothers are
Jonathan Jay Joyce and Jeffery Jay Joyce
Then there is me...Jacklynn JAYme Joyce

.....My mother named my after my father. She slapped "lynn" onto "Jack". Then said for my middle name... she reused "Jay" but said she felt left out....she she added "Me" to the end. lol so it's Jayme (Jamie)

When I named my little one...His father's name is Kevin. I didn't mean to name him after him. I just wanted an Irish name and I liked that Devin meant "poet"
His middle name is just my name...with an S at the end. Jaymes (James) :o)

My nephews and Niece are Juliette Jayme Joyce, Jameson Joyce and Jedrick Jensen Joyce.

I'm the first to get out of the J's lol. My family was a lil upset. But tripple J's is just too much!

#8 Jackofhearts

Jackofhearts

Aspiring Baby Namer

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 08:18 PM

Thank you everyone that replied. I like your suggestions!
And yeah...I'm still having problems with River and Sawyer ending in ER. hehe
I STILL have yet to settle on a name.
Naming boys is close to impossible. :wacko:

#9 You

You

Junior Baby Namer

• Bronze Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 09:50 PM

I love the name River for a boy, I was considering is for my son but my wife said no.
Out of the names you suggested, I like River Lucas Joyce the best.
Following the J thing, maybe River Jaycob (Jacob) Joyce.
For strong, masculine (and more traditional) middle names I like : Jaycob (as suggested above), Matthew, David, Steven, Thomas, Adam, Patrick, Jeffrey, Nathan, and Dustin.

I think you should go River Jaycob Joyce :)
Good Luck!
~Rhys

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users