3 replies to this topic

#1 Katie-Nana

Katie-Nana

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,652 posts

Posted 06 December 2008 - 07:11 PM

I have this story I am working on. The main characters are 8 kids. It is a fantasy story so I was okay with made up sounding names.

Aria has a musical healing power so I wanted to give her a name that had something to do with music.

Ambrose is Aria's twin brother, he knows all past knowledge of language, history, battles, etc. I wanted him to have a somewhat normal name that was uncommon/old-fashioned.

Sage can see into the future, she gets visions and she has white blonde curly hair and grey eyes. Her name is pretty much set.

Illia is somewhat middle eastern looking with dark skin and dark hair. She can move things with her mind and has a gift with mechanical tools. Her name was the first that popped into my head.

Rogan is the King's grandson. He his a hot head. His power involves fire. Rogan means red haired but I imagine him as being somewhat middle eastern looking with dark skin and pitch black hair.

Gretchen or Evin is a orphan who lives on the streets and picks pockets, she is tough and independent. Her power involves strenght, agility, and speed. She is the perfect fighter. I wanted her to have a a somewhat normal name as well but not too common or girly.

Jayne is a small asian looking boy. His power is shape shifting into practically anything he wants. I know Jayne is a girl name but I like it for him.

Dawud is the last. He is a slave, African in appearance. Dark skin, tall, muscular. Dawud is a swahili (sp?) name I found.

I was wondering what you thought of these names. Are any too similar or too out there? Can you think of any that might better suit these characters? Other minor characters that i've named are Sabine, Harper, Sydelle, Damian and Aster?

#2 HarmonyP

HarmonyP

Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 128 posts
  • Interests:Well, obviously, I love names! They're so fun to look for and to search for the right name for the right character. I love writing, which is why I'm in constant search for a good name. I want to be an author one day, so my fingers are crossed. I also enjoy dance and hanging out with my friends.

Posted 06 December 2008 - 07:36 PM

I have this story I am working on. The main characters are 8 kids. It is a fantasy story so I was okay with made up sounding names.

Aria has a musical healing power so I wanted to give her a name that had something to do with music.

Ambrose is Aria's twin brother, he knows all past knowledge of language, history, battles, etc. I wanted him to have a somewhat normal name that was uncommon/old-fashioned.

Sage can see into the future, she gets visions and she has white blonde curly hair and grey eyes. Her name is pretty much set.

Illia is somewhat middle eastern looking with dark skin and dark hair. She can move things with her mind and has a gift with mechanical tools. Her name was the first that popped into my head.

Rogan is the King's grandson. He his a hot head. His power involves fire. Rogan means red haired but I imagine him as being somewhat middle eastern looking with dark skin and pitch black hair.

Gretchen or Evin is a orphan who lives on the streets and picks pockets, she is tough and independent. Her power involves strenght, agility, and speed. She is the perfect fighter. I wanted her to have a a somewhat normal name as well but not too common or girly.

Jayne is a small asian looking boy. His power is shape shifting into practically anything he wants. I know Jayne is a girl name but I like it for him.

Dawud is the last. He is a slave, African in appearance. Dark skin, tall, muscular. Dawud is a swahili (sp?) name I found.

I was wondering what you thought of these names. Are any too similar or too out there? Can you think of any that might better suit these characters? Other minor characters that i've named are Sabine, Harper, Sydelle, Damian and Aster?

Aria: very pretty and just unusual enough.
Ambrose: perfect. It's both classic and unique
Sage: I like it for a girl of that discrpition.
Ilia: I can see the girl you described with that name. It's beautiful
Rogan: I am in love with this name! It's very sleek but I can see it for someone who's a hot head.
Gretchen/Evin: for this character I like Evin. It's fit for a girl like her.
Jayne: this girl name works for him because of the way you spelled it. It sounds good to me.
Dawud: kind of sounds dark and mysterious. i like it.

#3 mea1283

mea1283

Junior Baby Namer

• Bronze Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 07 December 2008 - 03:47 PM

Aria or Cresenda (like crescendo) has a musical healing power so I wanted to give her a name that had something to do with music.

Ambrose or Aaric (Eric) is Aria's twin brother, he knows all past knowledge of language, history, battles, etc. I wanted him to have a somewhat normal name that was uncommon/old-fashioned.

Sage or Jessye (sees) can see into the future, she gets visions and she has white blonde curly hair and grey eyes. Her name is pretty much set.

Illia or Aliya is somewhat middle eastern looking with dark skin and dark hair. She can move things with her mind and has a gift with mechanical tools. Her name was the first that popped into my head.

Rogan or Cadogan is the King's grandson. He his a hot head. His power involves fire. Rogan means red haired but I imagine him as being somewhat middle eastern looking with dark skin and pitch black hair.

Gretchen or Evin or Darb is a orphan who lives on the streets and picks pockets, she is tough and independent. Her power involves strenght, agility, and speed. She is the perfect fighter. I wanted her to have a a somewhat normal name as well but not too common or girly.

Jayne or Sahif is a small asian looking boy. His power is shape shifting into practically anything he wants. I know Jayne is a girl name but I like it for him.

Dawud or Duwahd is the last. He is a slave, African in appearance. Dark skin, tall, muscular. Dawud is a swahili (sp?) name I found.

Cute! I put in my suggestions next to yours.
GL! Comment to me with final character names!

#4 Ryan-gal

Ryan-gal

Notable Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 16 December 2008 - 02:28 PM

I like those names a lot!
Aria-very pretty, I love the name. Its my fav from your list. I like Arya better myself, but Aria does seem to fit your description.

Ambrose-such a cute name to go with Aria! This one is also perfect for your descriptions.

Sage-very nice.

Illia-It looks nice, but how is it pronounced?

Rogan-such a cute name! I love this one, too! I, personally, see it as a red head, but your description is fine with it.

Gretchen/Evin- I think Gretchen fits that part best. Evin sounds girly to me. Gretchen definetly sounds like an independent gal who'd be a fighter. Strenth, agility, and speed sound like good powers for her.

Jayne- if you like it, i guess its not that bad, but I dont like it on either gender, myself. I like the suggestion of Sahif.

Dawud- sounds fine.
GL with everything!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users