• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Julia Marie

Julia Marie

Aspiring Baby Namer

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 03:56 PM

My husband and I recently found out that we we're expecting a little girl due in March! We can't wait for her, but we are having the biggest trouble deciding on her name. I like the traditional-style names, and he likes unique names. The middle name is Anne due to family reasons. Please help us decide!

My List
Vanessa
Jodi
Mae
Faye
Jane
Kaci/Casey

His List
Merielle
Addison
Regina (I like this one, honestly!)
Hail/Hale
Red (seriously?)

#2 ashleylyn

ashleylyn

Distinguished Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 04:10 PM

Regina Anne & jodi Anne & Vanessa Anne are imo the best =)

GL!!

#3 Madi Wolf Princess <3

Madi Wolf Princess <3

Power Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 907 posts
  • Interests:Marilyn Manson, Five Finger Death Punch, being a creepy cute princess, being a wolf puppy, Harry Potter, Ravenclaw, Supernatural, Dean Winchester, the fall season, Halloween, sparkly things, the moon, the stars... The whole galaxy, the element air, learning of different religions/cultures, especially the more unconventional ones.

Posted 19 October 2013 - 04:40 PM

I really love Vanessa! It's so pretty and not mega-popular. Vanessa Anne flows very well. You should definitely go with Vanessa; it is the only name from both of your lists that I really like. :-)

#4 Addison

Addison

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,122 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 06:10 PM

Idea:
Primrose Anne, nickname Rose or Rosie.

Possible nicknames: Rose, Rosie, Prim

Uniqueness of Prim, traditionalness of Rose. Good middle ground, and it is a beautiful name :)

Idea:
Mabel Anne

Possible nicknames: May, Belle, Bella

Traditional name, but not common or average. Fairly close to Merielle, too, but more conventional.

Idea:
Elsa Anne

Possible nicknames: Elle, Elsie, Ellie

Pretty uncommon, yet traditional. It is actually a form of Elizabeth.

Idea:
Evelinda Anne (ehv-uh-lynn-duh)

Possible nicknames: Eve, Eva, Lin, Linda

SUPER uncommon, yet traditional feel. More common nicknames, too.

#5 PaigeA

PaigeA

Superstar Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 599 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 11:53 AM

I love love Mae! It's so cute and pretty and underused. It might be a bit too short to be paired with Anne however. I quite like Vanessa too, I love that it means butterfly <3 I like Addy's idea. What about Matilda nn Tilly?

Others:
Charlotte nn Lottie
Madeleine nn Maddie
Eleanor nn Ellie, Ella, Nora
Emilia nn Emmi
Alexandria nn Lexi
Amelia nn Mia
Evelyn nn Evie
Felicity nn Fliss
Victoria nn Tori
Jasmine nn Jas
Isabelle/Isabella nn Belle, Bella, Izzy
Noelle nn Elle, Ellie, Nellie

Good luck on finding the perfect name.

#6 Remy Hadley

Remy Hadley

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,884 posts
  • Interests:♥ baby names ♥ pasta ♥ sherlock holmes ♥ knitting / crocheting ♥ hiking ♥ dogs ♥ sea creatures ♥ birds ♥ nature documentaries ♥ peaceful parenting ♥ cooking ♥

Posted 23 October 2013 - 06:57 PM

It can be so hard deciding names with your other half, me and my OH have very few girls names we like in common! So glad we're having a boy purely for the ease of naming tehehe :P but one thing you have to remember is that if your partner doesn't like that name you find perfect, then its not the perfect name <3 And vice versa.

Are these names from your list he agreed on and some names from his list he agreed on? Are you looking for votes on all these? Or suggestions for similar names to what you guys have?

From your list, I think Vanessa Anne sounds lovely. I adore Faye and Jane, but they are a tad too short with Anne as a middle in my opinion.

From his list, I like Addison Anne. Merielle Anne also flows nicely, though I don't adore Merielle personally. I actually had Hale on my boys list for a while, I do like it though I personally prefer it on a boy.

For a compromise, would double first names be an option? Like Addison Jane Anne? Or maybe variations of the names you've got? I'll give some more unique versions of your list and some more traditional versions of what he's got :) Maybe you guys can agree somewhere in there?

Vanessa - Anessa
Jodi - Jolie, Josalie
Mae - Maeve, Maylie, Mabel, Amabel, Maisie (prn may-zee)
Kaci / Casey - Asa, Cassidy / Cassiopeia
Merielle - Arielle, Mercy, Elle, Ella, Ellie
Addison - Adelaide, Ada, Adele

GL!

#7 cati1012

cati1012

Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 02:33 PM

Food for thought... I'm from Texas and I have found that with two short names people tend to call them by both names, like it's one.... So consider that when thinking about Red, Hail, Faye, Mae, Jade..... They could very well be called Red-anne by people or Hail-Anne. Just a thought.

I think Jodi Anne is ok and Vanessa Anne

#8 Bewitching

Bewitching

Notable Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 144 posts
  • Interests:Writing, Reading, names & my little nieces

Posted 29 October 2013 - 01:43 AM

Don't use the spelling Hail, it sounds like Heil...! (Just a heads up from a Dane). I know many don't approve of this, but maybe take part os the name you like eg. -Essa and pair it with another part of the name. Otherwise these names might help?

Villette
Lisette
Reyna
Reuelle
Halona
Helyene (prn. Elaine)
Faline
Fayola

#9 Meghan<3

Meghan<3

Legendary Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,823 posts
  • Interests:Baby names, writing, reading, animals

Posted 29 October 2013 - 11:10 AM

Congratulations! From your list, my favorite is Jane... but Jane Anne doesn't sound right to me. Are you open to the possibility of using Annette, Annika, etc. as middle names, or is Anne set in stone?

Otherwise, I would choose Vanessa Anne. Vanessa is a lovely name - maybe you could use the nickname Nessa or Nessie on occasion? Mae Anne and Faye Anne both sound awkward to me, and I think Jodi and Kaci/Casey are a little dated.

As for your husband's list, I like Addison the best. Addison Anne is pretty, as is Regina Anne. I think Regina is pretty as well. The only negative I can think of is the connection to Regina George from Mean Girls, but hopefully that association will wane by the time your child is old enough to even know what that is!

Good luck!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users