Photo

Twins due in less than a month!

Best Answer Lynn Kathleen , 06 November 2014 - 11:54 AM

Babies were born yesterday! November 5th, 2014 at 3:14AM and 5:56AM. It was a hard natural birth but they're perfect, a little small, but that was to be expected. Jameson Kelly Wentworth and Adoralyn Tess Wentworth. Thank you all so much!

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Lynn Kathleen

Lynn Kathleen

Junior Baby Namer

• Bronze Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 07:40 AM

My wife and I are expecting our first children. A little boy and girl. We have decided on Jameson Kelly Wentworth for our baby boy. Our little girl...there is some discrepancy. We both love love love the name Adoralyn (nm Adora or Dori) but we can't decide on a middle name. She wants Therese after her mother, whereas I like Paige after my sister. The only issue is Kelly is also after my mother.

Jameson Kelly Wentworth

Adoralyn Therese Wentworth

OR

Adoralyn Paige Wentworth????

Please help xoxo 

#2 EmilyA

EmilyA

Power Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 870 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 11:02 AM

The answer is between the lines. Since the boys middle name is already after your mother then allow her to have Therese as the girls middle name. Compromising is always key. 

#3 Lynn Kathleen

Lynn Kathleen

Junior Baby Namer

• Bronze Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 11:22 AM

And I totally understand that, but I HATE the name Therese. I can't imagine naming my daughter something that I won't look at with love :/. Is there a better compromise??

#4 Katie-Nana

Katie-Nana

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,652 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 06:09 AM

Tessa is a nickname/diminutive of Theresa.   Maybe Adoralyn Tessa Wentworth??

#5 TheDoctor

TheDoctor

Junior Baby Namer

• Bronze Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts
  • Interests:Writing, reading, baking, theatre, horseback riding, being with my family and friends, baby names

Posted 22 October 2014 - 09:04 AM

I like what Katie-Nana was getting at: you can still honour your wife's mother by naming your daughter some diminutive or variation of the name "Therese" which is sort of a compromise. 

For example:

Adoralyn Tess Wentworth

Adoralyn Theresa Wentworth

Adoralyn Reese Wentworth (I'm pretty sure 'Reese' is used as a nickname for 'Therese' but I don't know if you want to go the nickname route).

Adoralyn Terry Wentworth 

You shouldn't have to name your baby anything you don't want to name her. It's all about compromise and if you really feel uncomfortable with giving your daughter the middle name Therese, you should talk to your wife about it and I'm sure you two can work something out. If you think you can live with it, seeing as her middle name won't be used in real life very often unless she choses to have it used, then go for it. Or, another alternative is giving her two middle names, (Adoralyn Paige Therese Wentworth or Adoralyn Therese Paige Wentworth) so you can have honour both your sister and her mother, but I don't know if you would want to go for that considering your little boy only has one right now. 

Anyways, I really hope this helps and I wish you the best of luck!  :)  (by the way, I think all of the names you picked out for your twins are adorable!) 

#6 EmilyA

EmilyA

Power Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • 870 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 01:56 PM

And I totally understand that, but I HATE the name Therese. I can't imagine naming my daughter something that I won't look at with love :/. Is there a better compromise??

I assume that she will be called by her first name or a nn deriving from her first name, Adoralyn. It's a middle name that has a lot of meaning to your partner. I agree with Katie-Nana as well. Find a different variation of Therese and see if that route fits the bill. 

#7 Alisagirl127

Alisagirl127

Aspiring Baby Namer

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 09:15 AM

I like Adoralyn Paige Wentworth. Personally, not loving Therese. 

#8 Lynn Kathleen

Lynn Kathleen

Junior Baby Namer

• Bronze Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 09:29 AM

I think we decided on Jameson Kelly and Adoralyn Rhys (or Reese) Wentworth. Thank you all so much!

#9 Lynn Kathleen

Lynn Kathleen

Junior Baby Namer

• Bronze Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 06 November 2014 - 11:54 AM   Best Answer

Babies were born yesterday! November 5th, 2014 at 3:14AM and 5:56AM. It was a hard natural birth but they're perfect, a little small, but that was to be expected. Jameson Kelly Wentworth and Adoralyn Tess Wentworth. Thank you all so much!

#10 Tasha1125

Tasha1125

Star Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 332 posts

Posted 06 November 2014 - 09:21 PM

Congratulations

#11 pinkmonkey23

pinkmonkey23

Power Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • 860 posts
  • Interests:Names ⌇ My children ⌇ Supernatural ⌇ I-Zombie ⌇ Lucifer ⌇ Arrowverse ⌇ Jane the virgin ⌇ The Originals ⌇ The Vampire Diaries [Before it ended]

Posted 15 November 2014 - 07:00 AM

Aww congratulations.. Lovely names.. always seems easier to pick a name once you see babies! :) x

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users