#1 HaydensMama18

HaydensMama18

Legendary Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,253 posts
  • Interests:My son, baby naming, singing, dancing, helping others

Obsessed with WWE & TNA

Favorite viners & youtubers: The Gabbie Show, Liza Koshy & Joe Santagato & Shane

My favorite actors are Grace Phipps & Garrett Clayton

Current favorite songs: Anything by Little Mix, Ariana Grande-Boyfriend Material & Anything by Bruno Mars

Posted 22 November 2016 - 01:19 PM

This topic is just about our meanings behind our favorite names. Wether they're after family, idols ("Celebrities"), and/or just love the look/sound of it. I have Top 14 favorites (I want 7 kids so there's lots of possibilities) so I'll list the meanings behind my names in sections (a lot of my list is after idols, don't judge please lol xD). This will let us get to know each other more a little. (:

Gabrielle 'Gabi' Victoria Rayne
Gabrielle- Just love this name and it's meaning.
Gabi- I prefer the Gabi spelling because I think it looks the cleanest and prettiest.
Victoria- I love it's elegance and it's really beautiful
Rayne- I love the rain, and the word/name is really pretty.
Ashley Jade 'AJ' Marilyn
Ashley- It's a classic and it's gorgeous. After a few idols, Ashley Purdy, Ashley Fleihr & Ashley Massaro
Jade- The gem is beautiful and I love the look and sound of Jade.
AJ- Such a cute nickname. And I can see it on a baby, teen, adult and elderly. After a few idols, AJ Styles & AJ Lee
Marilyn- Timeless and Gorgeous. I love it. And obviously, it's after Marilyn Monroe.
Hayden Dean
Hayden- I've been in love with this name for 8 years and I definitely plan on using it for my first boy. I don't know what it is about Hayden, but I'm just madly in love with it.
Dean- It's really cute. It sounds very manly. After an idol, Dean Ambrose (real name Jonathan Lee)
Andrew 'Andy/Drew' Cliff
Andrew- Such a classic. It's handsome name and I can see it on all ages. After a few idols, Andrew 'Andy' Biersack, Andrew 'Drew' Galloway & Drew Barrymore
Andy- Really cute
Drew- Love this. Drew Barrymore is one of my favorite actresses
Cliff- It's really handsome. It's not out there, but it's uncommon today. I love it's masculinity. After an idol, Clifford 'Cliff' Compton

• brimariiee likes this

#2 brimariiee

brimariiee

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,474 posts
  • Interests:My son, diamond painting, reading, exploring with my family

Posted 22 November 2016 - 04:42 PM

I've given you feedback on all of these before but it's so much cooler knowing why you like them!!
I've always enjoyed your boy combos but I appreciate the other two a lot more as well.

I want a big family and have a super long list because of it as well, need to be prepared!

I'm not sure which ones to talk about 'cause my favorites on my list vary each day...I guess the ones with the best meanings behind them, I'll share. Maybe more later :P

Brylee Anne
I used to have this combo as Brylee Olivia because I think it sounds so much prettier but, BO? I can't do it..

Brylee: Part of me hates how trendy this is but, it's a mash-up of my dad's name (Bryan Lee) so it's a great way to honor him. Plus, my youngest sister's middle name is Rylee so pretty close (and my niece is Riley)
Anne: This one has a lot. My name is Brianna pronounced with the Anne sound (not awn). My maternal grandma's first name is JoAnn. My paternal grandma's middle name is Ann -not sure if it has the e at the end or not, but I prefer it when it does. Then to top it all off, my best friend is Brianne.

Veda Americus

While this is probably my most unique (and most disliked by others) combo, this one means the most to me
Veda: My dad and I are very close and growing up we watched the movie 'My Girl' a lot. For those who don't know, the main character is Vada but I switched up the spelling because I think Vada looks like it'd be pronounced vah-duh. My dad also dedicated the song 'My Girl' to me when I was young (and hopefully it'll be the song we dance to when I get married)
Americus: This is similar to my reasoning for Veda, which is why I paired them together. We also watched 'Where the Heart Is' a lot. And I adore Natalie Portman so her playing the mom of Americus makes it that much better. But the character of Americus is just adorable and she had chosen it after being told to give her daughter a strong name that means something. It's too bold/gp for me to use it as a first name (though I think I would want to otherwise) but I love the sound of it paired with Veda so it works.

Rourke 'Rory' Cameron
This combo is actually biiig thanks to a user on here!
Rourke: So backstory a bit, I revamped my list to do names below the top 100 as first names...this meant more common middles and I was stuck what to do with Rourke because it's a family name (I'd rather not share who/how) and I wanted to keep it on my list. So because of the nickname Rory, I've decided it works for a first.
Rory: I have always loved this name, especially growing up on Gilmore Girls but then I watched 8 Simple Rules and heard it on a boy. I've since been torn on what gender to put it on but I do feel like Rory is seen more as a boy's name (although GG may be changing that) so with Rourke and the help of a user on here, I've decided it would suit a boy well.
Cameron: This is a name I have loved on a boy for as long as I can remember, I always saw myself having a son named Cameron but..it's too popular so middle name slot it goes!

Drew Russell
Drew: I have always loved the nickname Drew but, I do have a cousin named Andrew (plus Andrew is too common) and even though he goes by Andy, I'm still not sure about it. Plus, I am hesitant to use Andrew for fear of him being called Andy, I only want Drew. I'm not usually a fan of nicknames as given names but this is one of my few exceptions.
Russell: Another family name here! This is my paternal grandpa's first name and I love the sound of it as well. My aunt gave Russell as a middle name to one of my cousins as well I believe (and I think it's the one who plays hockey so even better B) ). Just hoping I can use this before he passes...

• HaydensMama18 likes this

#3 Lazmikey

Lazmikey

Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 138 posts
  • Interests:Music, Animals, Friends, Movies

Posted 22 November 2016 - 10:15 PM

Marcus Dominic 

Marcus: Latin name meaning "warlike". Really love the meaning and the name. I really like the sound of it. Besides, it has always been my favorite names ever since I was little. 

Dominic: Another name I really love. I used to have a best friend named Dominick but not really the reason. It is also latin meaning "belonging to the lord". 

Really love the combo. To me, Marcus and Dominic go really good together. 

Jacob Leon

JacobReally love the name Jacob. It is one of my favorite biblical names meaning "supplanter". It is also my boyfriend's name but he spells it like "Jakub". No particular reason why I like it but I feel a connection between him and the name. 

Leon: One of my favorite middle name combos. Leon means "lion" in Greek. I love lions so I always feel a connection whenever I think of this name. It is also an honor of my great grandmother's middle name Leonora. I've never met her but she was an inspiration to my mother. Although, I never hear it as much anymore but it is a very cool name to go with Jacob. 

Desiree Genevieve

Desiree: Love it! Desiree has always been one of my other favorites. It is French meaning "wished". I have French roots so I would like too honor my heritage. It, to me, sounds like a strong princess name. I am obsessed with it. 

Genevieve: I love having beautiful, long names for a middle name. This seems to fit best for Desiree. No particular reason why I like it but it is just a really beautiful combo. 

Roxanne Irene

Roxanne: After my favorite song Roxanne by The Police. It just sounds really beautiful to me. 

Irene: After my great aunt. She was a hero to us and was always there for me. I love this name though because it is just so pretty for a middle name. I can't bare. 

#4 HaydensMama18

HaydensMama18

Legendary Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 3,253 posts

Obsessed with WWE & TNA

Favorite viners & youtubers: The Gabbie Show, Liza Koshy & Joe Santagato & Shane

Current favorite songs: Anything by Little Mix, Ariana Grande-Boyfriend Material & Anything by Bruno Mars

Posted 25 November 2016 - 09:56 AM

I've given you feedback on all of these before but it's so much cooler knowing why you like them!!
I've always enjoyed your boy combos but I appreciate the other two a lot more as well.

I want a big family and have a super long list because of it as well, need to be prepared!

I'm not sure which ones to talk about 'cause my favorites on my list vary each day...I guess the ones with the best meanings behind them, I'll share. Maybe more later :P

Brylee Anne
I used to have this combo as Brylee Olivia because I think it sounds so much prettier but, BO? I can't do it..

Brylee: Part of me hates how trendy this is but, it's a mash-up of my dad's name (Bryan Lee) so it's a great way to honor him. Plus, my youngest sister's middle name is Rylee so pretty close (and my niece is Riley)
Anne: This one has a lot. My name is Brianna pronounced with the Anne sound (not awn). My maternal grandma's first name is JoAnn. My paternal grandma's middle name is Ann -not sure if it has the e at the end or not, but I prefer it when it does. Then to top it all off, my best friend is Brianne.

Veda Americus

While this is probably my most unique (and most disliked by others) combo, this one means the most to me
Veda: My dad and I are very close and growing up we watched the movie 'My Girl' a lot. For those who don't know, the main character is Vada but I switched up the spelling because I think Vada looks like it'd be pronounced vah-duh. My dad also dedicated the song 'My Girl' to me when I was young (and hopefully it'll be the song we dance to when I get married)
Americus: This is similar to my reasoning for Veda, which is why I paired them together. We also watched 'Where the Heart Is' a lot. And I adore Natalie Portman so her playing the mom of Americus makes it that much better. But the character of Americus is just adorable and she had chosen it after being told to give her daughter a strong name that means something. It's too bold/gp for me to use it as a first name (though I think I would want to otherwise) but I love the sound of it paired with Veda so it works.

Rourke 'Rory' Cameron
Rourke: So backstory a bit, I revamped my list to do names below the top 100 as first names...this meant more common middles and I was stuck what to do with Rourke because it's a family name (I'd rather not share who/how) and I wanted to keep it on my list. So because of the nickname Rory, I've decided it works for a first.
Rory: I have always loved this name, especially growing up on Gilmore Girls but then I watched 8 Simple Rules and heard it on a boy. I've since been torn on what gender to put it on but I do feel like Rory is seen more as a boy's name (although GG may be changing that) so with Rourke and the help of a user on here, I've decided it would suit a boy well.
Cameron: This is a name I have loved on a boy for as long as I can remember, I always saw myself having a son named Cameron but..it's too popular so middle name slot it goes!

Drew Russell
Drew: I have always loved the nickname Drew but, I do have a cousin named Andrew (plus Andrew is too common) and even though he goes by Andy, I'm still not sure about it. Plus, I am hesitant to use Andrew for fear of him being called Andy, I only want Drew. I'm not usually a fan of nicknames as given names but this is one of my few exceptions.
Russell: Another family name here! This is my paternal grandpa's first name and I love the sound of it as well. My aunt gave Russell as a middle name to one of my cousins as well I believe (and I think it's the one who plays hockey so even better B) ). Just hoping I can use this before he passes...

I've always wanted a big family (since 14, crazy right?)! I love the numbers 7 and 8 so I want 7 (or 8) kids. My (girls') list changes a  little bit over time but most of the combos are 100% set. My boys' list barely changes because I'm highly picky with boys names, so I can say all of my boys names are 100% set in stone. Brylee is a great way to honor him and Anne is a great way to honor multiple people! Veda Americus is pretty, very unique. Although naf of Rourke Cameron, the combo flows great. Rory is super cute! I adore Drew Russell.

• brimariiee likes this

#5 HaydensMama18

HaydensMama18

Legendary Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 3,253 posts

Obsessed with WWE & TNA

Posted 25 November 2016 - 10:03 AM

Marcus Dominic 

Marcus: Latin name meaning "warlike". Really love the meaning and the name. I really like the sound of it. Besides, it has always been my favorite names ever since I was little. 

Dominic: Another name I really love. I used to have a best friend named Dominick but not really the reason. It is also latin meaning "belonging to the lord". 

Really love the combo. To me, Marcus and Dominic go really good together. 

Jacob Leon

JacobReally love the name Jacob. It is one of my favorite biblical names meaning "supplanter". It is also my boyfriend's name but he spells it like "Jakub". No particular reason why I like it but I feel a connection between him and the name. 

Leon: One of my favorite middle name combos. Leon means "lion" in Greek. I love lions so I always feel a connection whenever I think of this name. It is also an honor of my great grandmother's middle name Leonora. I've never met her but she was an inspiration to my mother. Although, I never hear it as much anymore but it is a very cool name to go with Jacob. 

Desiree Genevieve

Desiree: Love it! Desiree has always been one of my other favorites. It is French meaning "wished". I have French roots so I would like too honor my heritage. It, to me, sounds like a strong princess name. I am obsessed with it. 

Genevieve: I love having beautiful, long names for a middle name. This seems to fit best for Desiree. No particular reason why I like it but it is just a really beautiful combo. 

Roxanne Irene

Roxanne: After my favorite song Roxanne by The Police. It just sounds really beautiful to me. 

Irene: After my great aunt. She was a hero to us and was always there for me. I love this name though because it is just so pretty for a middle name. I can't bare. 

Marcus Dominic is a handsome combo! I love Jacob, and Leon is cool. I adore Desiree Genevieve, gorgeous! Roxanne is very vintage. Irene sounds wonderful! Irene is also my cousin's mn (Erika Irene). Pretty combo!

#6 HaydensMama18

HaydensMama18

Legendary Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 3,253 posts

Obsessed with WWE & TNA

Posted 25 November 2016 - 10:37 AM

Rowan Leyla Eve
Rowan- I absolutely adore this name, for both genders. I prefer to use it on a girl because I can see myself having a female Rowan (if that makes sense.)
Leyla- I haved loved this name (Layla) for years as well. It's just BEYOND gorgeous. I replaced the A with E for honoring reasons, plus it looks pretty as well. After family, Lela, and an idol, Layla El.
Eve- I've always loved Eve. Very elegant, short, and not used a lot. After an idol, Eve Torres.
Rebecca 'Reby' Peyton Laree
Rebecca- It's timeless, beautiful and elegant. I just adore it. After an idol, Rebecca Quin.
Reby- I love both nn options, Becky & Reby. I love Becky and would use it, but it's too "expected". Reby is pretty, and close to another name I can't use, Ruby. 
Peyton- I love Peyton for both genders, but I prefer it on a girl because it sounds slightly more feminine than masculine (or that's just me?). It's just really pretty.
Laree- I just find the spelling and sound so beautiful. And, to me, it's a better alternative to Marie. After an idol, Mickie Laree James.
Seth Ambrose
Seth- At first, I wasn't a fan. But over time, I grew to love it. It's handsome and underused today. After an idol, Seth Rollins (real name Colby Lopez)
Ambrose- I LOVE Ambrose, I love it's uniqueness. I also love the meaning: Immortal. After an idol, Dean Ambrose (real name Jonathan Lee)
Javelin Brooks
Javelin- I've loved this for about 6/7 years already, but never really thought to use it because I had Hunter on my list. But now that Hunter's out, I felt like I NEEDED to put this in one of my top combos. I just really love the look and sound of Javelin. The sport association doesn't bother me, either. Although it's not everyone's cup of tea, I still plan on using it.
Brooks- I've been loving this name for about 7 years and just this year, decided to put it on my boys list. It's been on my girls' list for a while (Brooke/Brooklyn) but lately I've been preferring it for a boy. It just sounds really strong and manly. After a few idols, Phil Brooks & Brooke Tessmacher.

• brimariiee likes this

#7 brimariiee

brimariiee

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 2,474 posts

Posted 25 November 2016 - 03:08 PM

I've always wanted a big family (since 14, crazy right?)! I love the numbers 7 and 8 so I want 7 (or 8) kids. My (girls') list changes a  little bit over time but most of the combos are 100% set. My boys' list barely changes because I'm highly picky with boys names, so I can say all of my boys names are 100% set in stone. Brylee is a great way to honor him and Anne is a great way to honor multiple people! Veda Americus is pretty, very unique. Although naf of Rourke Cameron, the combo flows great. Rory is super cute! I adore Drew Russell.

Not crazy at all! Idk how old I was when I first started wanting one but I take care of the neighborhood kids all by myself (can be anywhere from 1 kid to 6/7 kids, oldest is 11 and youngest is 2) and that sealed the deal for me. Definitely feel like I was made to be a LF mom.
You do have some great names, even though not all of them are my style, I think they all flow pretty nicely.
For me, I'd say my first names are pretty set in stone but a lot of the middles are interchangeable. I'm a lot more fluid with those as long as they flow. There's a lot of names I'd love to work in as middles, which is probably another reason why I have so many combos set.
Btw, I like Javelin Brooks more and more each time I see it.

Lux Penelope
Lux: Like a good chunk of my names, I got this from a TV show. I had never heard of it before the show 'Life Unexpected'. Lux is played by the gorgeous Britt Robertson. She describes she got her name (meaning 'light') because she was a blonde from two dark-haired parents and while that has no significant meaning to me, I thought it was gorgeous and really sold me on the name. She plays the character well and I could see myself having a daughter named Lux now.
Penelope: I really really love this name and would adore having a daughter named Penelope but it has gotten too popular for my liking (Kourtney Kardashian really didn't help) so I've decided to use it as a middle name and I just think it sounds good with Lux.

Arizona Piper
Arizona: Believe it or not, I didn't get this from 'Grey's Anatomy' but finding out that such a popular show had this name in it makes me think people will be more accepting of it. I actually had the movie 'Raising Arizona' pop in my head to go back and re-watch and even though there is no character with that name in it, it hit me that Arizona would be a cute name so it's just been on my list ever since. There's a lot of place names out there so I feel like it's not too much of a stretch and I just love the sound of it. Also fun little fact about it, it actually was in the top 1000 from 1901-1908 and again in 1911, 1903 being the most popular year with 27 births! So while there hasn't been many Arizonas, it's kind of cool to bring back and 'old' name.
Piper: Another one of my top names like Penelope. I think I have it in the middle slot now because of popularity but I honestly can't remember. I really fell for this name because of 'Charmed'. Piper is my favorite character on the show and Holly Marie Combs really does her justice. I love the sound of the name Piper as well so paired with Arizona, I really like this combo.

Horatio 'Rio/Ray' Bryan
Horatio: Yet another name I got from a show. Horatio definitely isn't common so most people do jump to 'CSI: Miami' but I like the connection. David Caruso really made the character and next to my nephew, he is my favorite male redhead. This name has probably stayed on my list for the longest amount of time, I always keep going back to it and that says something.
Ray: I don't have any special feelings about Ray so I'll probably use Rio more but I do feel like Ray is the best fitting nickname for Horatio.
Rio: I've always liked the sound of this on a boy even though the song is talking about a girl. It just seems masculine to me. I've decided it's probably best as just a nickname though, maybe too much to use as a given name.
Bryan: Like I said about Brylee, my dad is Bryan so this would just be another way to potentially honor him. I prefer the 'y' spelling myself anyway so I'll be sticking with it...despite most preferring Brian.

Robin 'Robbie' Tucker
Robin: I've always wanted a Rob name but can't go with Robert because there's about 10 in my family (I may or may not be exaggerating slightly but there is a lot, and not all positive associations) so it was between this and Robinson. I can think of pros and cons for both but I think Robin is just the better choice, for now at least.
Robbie: Robbie is the reason I've wanted a Rob name. I adore the nickname Robbie and I feel like it can be shortened to Rob into adulthood and still be handsome. Plus, I'm pretty sure my maternal grandfather (Robert) has gone by Rob or Robbie at some point in his life so it's a nice way to honor him without using Robert.
Tucker: I just love this name the more I hear it. I love the option of Tuck as a nickname but obviously wouldn't use it with it in the middle spot. I think I just have a soft spot for most -er ending names because I do like a lot of them/have a lot on my list. Plus, Tucker on 'Baby Daddy' is a pretty cool character.

#8 agallaher12

agallaher12

Star Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 351 posts

Posted 27 November 2016 - 03:03 PM

Brylee Anne

Veda Americus

Rourke 'Rory' Cameron

Drew Russell

I just had to say Veda Americus is super adorable 😍😍😍 I love both of those movies as well lol I'm not bold enough to use either personally but I'd love to meet a little girl with this name
  • brimariiee likes this

#9 HaydensMama18

HaydensMama18

Legendary Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 3,253 posts

Obsessed with WWE & TNA

Posted 01 December 2016 - 09:03 AM

Not crazy at all! Idk how old I was when I first started wanting one but I take care of the neighborhood kids all by myself (can be anywhere from 1 kid to 6/7 kids, oldest is 11 and youngest is 2) and that sealed the deal for me. Definitely feel like I was made to be a LF mom.
You do have some great names, even though not all of them are my style, I think they all flow pretty nicely.
For me, I'd say my first names are pretty set in stone but a lot of the middles are interchangeable. I'm a lot more fluid with those as long as they flow. There's a lot of names I'd love to work in as middles, which is probably another reason why I have so many combos set.
Btw, I like Javelin Brooks more and more each time I see it.

Lux Penelope
Lux: Like a good chunk of my names, I got this from a TV show. I had never heard of it before the show 'Life Unexpected'. Lux is played by the gorgeous Britt Robertson. She describes she got her name (meaning 'light') because she was a blonde from two dark-haired parents and while that has no significant meaning to me, I thought it was gorgeous and really sold me on the name. She plays the character well and I could see myself having a daughter named Lux now.
Penelope: I really really love this name and would adore having a daughter named Penelope but it has gotten too popular for my liking (Kourtney Kardashian really didn't help) so I've decided to use it as a middle name and I just think it sounds good with Lux.

Arizona Piper
Arizona: Believe it or not, I didn't get this from 'Grey's Anatomy' but finding out that such a popular show had this name in it makes me think people will be more accepting of it. I actually had the movie 'Raising Arizona' pop in my head to go back and re-watch and even though there is no character with that name in it, it hit me that Arizona would be a cute name so it's just been on my list ever since. There's a lot of place names out there so I feel like it's not too much of a stretch and I just love the sound of it. Also fun little fact about it, it actually was in the top 1000 from 1901-1908 and again in 1911, 1903 being the most popular year with 27 births! So while there hasn't been many Arizonas, it's kind of cool to bring back and 'old' name.
Piper: Another one of my top names like Penelope. I think I have it in the middle slot now because of popularity but I honestly can't remember. I really fell for this name because of 'Charmed'. Piper is my favorite character on the show and Holly Marie Combs really does her justice. I love the sound of the name Piper as well so paired with Arizona, I really like this combo.

Horatio 'Rio/Ray' Bryan
Horatio: Yet another name I got from a show. Horatio definitely isn't common so most people do jump to 'CSI: Miami' but I like the connection. David Caruso really made the character and next to my nephew, he is my favorite male redhead. This name has probably stayed on my list for the longest amount of time, I always keep going back to it and that says something.
Ray: I don't have any special feelings about Ray so I'll probably use Rio more but I do feel like Ray is the best fitting nickname for Horatio.
Rio: I've always liked the sound of this on a boy even though the song is talking about a girl. It just seems masculine to me. I've decided it's probably best as just a nickname though, maybe too much to use as a given name.
Bryan: Like I said about Brylee, my dad is Bryan so this would just be another way to potentially honor him. I prefer the 'y' spelling myself anyway so I'll be sticking with it...despite most preferring Brian.

Robin 'Robbie' Tucker
Robin: I've always wanted a Rob name but can't go with Robert because there's about 10 in my family (I may or may not be exaggerating slightly but there is a lot, and not all positive associations) so it was between this and Robinson. I can think of pros and cons for both but I think Robin is just the better choice, for now at least.
Robbie: Robbie is the reason I've wanted a Rob name. I adore the nickname Robbie and I feel like it can be shortened to Rob into adulthood and still be handsome. Plus, I'm pretty sure my maternal grandfather (Robert) has gone by Rob or Robbie at some point in his life so it's a nice way to honor him without using Robert.
Tucker: I just love this name the more I hear it. I love the option of Tuck as a nickname but obviously wouldn't use it with it in the middle spot. I think I just have a soft spot for most -er ending names because I do like a lot of them/have a lot on my list. Plus, Tucker on 'Baby Daddy' is a pretty cool character.

So have I! I have taken care of 6 month olds to 14 year olds and I just feel like I was made for a big family myself! Ditto. We have some different name tastes but your names flow great. I'm stubborn with my names and if I feel like a combo is perfect, I'm 100% set on that. Same. The more I see/say it, the higher it gets on my list. Lux Penelope is very pretty! I love Lux, and I wasn't a fan of Penelope before, but Penelope Garcia got me somewhat liking it. Arizona Piper is a great combo! Horatio, Robin and Tucker are nms but the combos they're in flow very well. I love Brian! I'm gonna do 4 more names later, because while I was doing it, my internet just helped itself reloading and lost all my progress. So I'll wait a little while to do my names.

• brimariiee likes this

#10 HaydensMama18

HaydensMama18

Legendary Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 3,253 posts

Obsessed with WWE & TNA

Posted 04 December 2016 - 10:40 AM

Mackenzie 'Mickie' Aleah Rose
Mackenzie- I adore this name, always have for years. It was back and forth on my Boys and Girls list, but I decided to put it on a girl because, despite its meaning, it sounds very princess-y and I love it.
Mickie- I love the (nick)name Mickie. It's cute for all ages, girl or boy. I loved Mickey Mouse as a child as well, so that's where I first heard it. It's also very unexpected, unlike "Kenzie" and I love that. After an idol, Mickie James.
Aleah- I LOVE the name Aaliyah, and I've always had a soft spot for it. It's just so pretty and I love all the spellings for it. I chose the Aleah spelling because this spelling honors 2 other idols of mine. After a few idols, (singer) Aaliyah, Alexis Kaufman & Leah Van Dale
Rose- Honors my deceased step-mother, Rosemary. I've never been a huge fan of Rosemary, but I do love Rose, and I thought this was the perfect way to honor her. Rose is such a beautiful name/flower. So many reasons to love it.
Isiana 'Izzy' Celeste Layne
Isiana- I love the nn Izzy. The problem was, I HATED Isabel(le), Isabella, Isadore/Isadora & Isolde. I just found them too overused and/or just not pretty (imo). So I had to figure out a name I loved that could get the nn Izzy, and I got Isiana. I just think it's so pretty and unique and I've never met/heard of anyone named Isiana and that's when I knew I needed to add it to my list.
Izzy- I adore this nn. I don't know why, I just do. It's so adorable on both girls and boys.
Celeste- A gorgeous and timeless name. I love the meaning: Heavenly. It's elegant and breathtaking. After an idol, Celeste Bonin
Layne- I've had an obsession with the name Layne for whatever reason. I love it on both boys & girls. I prefer it for a girl because it sounds slightly feminine. It's so simple and pretty.
Colby James
Colby- Colby is such a great, masculine name. Very uncommon today, that's why I love it. After an idol, Colby Lopez
James- Although it's very "filler", I LOVE James. It's a timeless, classic, handsome name. It will never go out of style (I feel the same about Michael). After an idol, James Dean
Kendrick 'Ricky' Allen
Kendrick- I love the look and sound of Kendrick. It's not popular, yet heard of and not too crazy. It's a handsome name and I love both nickname options (Kenny & Ricky). After an idol, Brian Kendrick
Ricky- I ADORE the (nick)name Ricky on a boy. I like Ricki on a girl, but the name itself sounds masculine so I plan on using it for a boy. I first fell in love with Ricky when I saw "Secret Life of an American Teenager".
Allen- There's not much to say, but that it's an amazing, handsome, classic name. Love the meanings: fair, handsome, noble. I love all spellings for it, but went with Allen to honor an idol, Allen Jones
  • brimariiee likes this

#11 maisieblue17

maisieblue17

Junior Baby Namer

• Bronze Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts
  • Interests:Writing, dance, and names!

Posted 04 December 2016 - 08:13 PM

I'll do this for our children's names :)

Viviana Schuyler- We toyed with many names before coming up with Viviana. I love the V sound and love the Vivi sound. My favorite word is convivial, which means friendly and lively. Knowing my love of V names, my husband decided that we should simply focus on those, and move on if we couldn't find something we liked. Turns out we like a lot of V names. Our list included Viviana, Vivian, Viola, Violetta, Vanessa, and Violet. We eliminated Violet due to popularity and Vanessa because he thought it was a tad dated. He wasn't as keen on Viola, so we let that one go, and so we were left with Viviana, Vivian, and Violetta. I thought I prefered Vivian, but he suggested we go with Viviana because it combined the spunk of Vivian and the elegance of Violetta. That decided it, and we had Viviana picked out even before she was ever conceived. Her middle name was a challenge because we struggled with the seemingly never ending question: to honor or not to honor? Our family trees don't have very many interesting names, and I told him that I wasn't going to use a common name as a first or a middle. So we were stuck pretty much until I wore him down with Schuyler. It's pronounced like Skylar, but I've always had a crush on the original spelling for a girl; I think it's spunky and fresh. The only concern was my best friend was pregnant at the same time I was, and Skylar was one of the names they were considering. Her daughter Caitlin arrived just before Vivi, and when her name wasn't Skylar, DH gave the okay on Schuyler. We call her Vivi, Vivian, Vivia and VB.

Cassian Heath- Coming up with a follow-up name for Viviana proved to be more of a challenge than we were anticipating. When expecting baby #2, all of our friends were interested in what his name was going to be, since Viviana is rather uncommon and we were the first in our friend group to have a boy. With Cassian, we worked up from the nickname Caz which I fell in love with when reading it in a book. I thought it was sassy yet sophisticated, and DH loved how much I was obsessed with it (his words, not mine!). So we set out to find a full name for Caz, ending up with Caspian and Callahan at first. We figured that Callahan was a bit of a stretch, and he wasn't as excited about Caspian. To him it was too big for a boy to actually live up to. It seemed hopeless for a little while, which was disappointing because we were already calling my bump "Caz". That's when I found Cassian and Cassius, both of which I preferred with the three-syllable pronunciation. To my surprise, he was actually very fond of Cassian, and it was settled. We came up with Heath while watching the World Cup that summer. I'm not sure why he was thinking about it, since we were watching the men's, but DH suddenly asked about women's players and we started talking about our favorites. Soccer was something I loved growing up, and something I forced DH to love to. We discussed Carli Lloyd, Abby Wambach, Alex Morgan, Hope Solo, before switching to Tobin Heath. That's when he said, "What about Heath?" and I was immediately hooked. It was perfect: it honored our time spent watching soccer, had the uncommon spunk that I loved, and I always find it pleasing to hear about boys being named after strong women. So Cassian Heath it was. We mainly call him Caz, although his other nickname is Bear which is a variation of Cazzy Bear, which we called him as a baby.

Right now, we don't know what we're having, but our favorite names are Fiona, Rhiannon, Matilda, Malachi, Terrence, and Evander.

• Barbie likes this

#12 mushroom

mushroom

Superstar Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 722 posts
  • Interests:astrology, divination, psychedelics, baking, jewelry making, meditation, crystal healing, graphic design, photography (film+digital), organization, notion.so, coding

Posted 09 December 2016 - 03:55 PM

Matthew Kian

I'm not huge on common baby names for first names, in all honesty, but Matthew has always had a special place in my heart (it might be for this reason that I've dated three guys named Matthew...) so I can easily look past it's popularity. I would definitely call him "Matty" (or just "Matt" but probably not) for short. Kian comes from both my wanting to nod at my Dad's Irish heritage and at my slight obsession with Kian Lawley when I was younger. I prefer Kian to Cian for a few reasons; but it's mostly just the look of the letter combination than anything.

#13 brimariiee

brimariiee

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 2,474 posts

Posted 12 December 2017 - 07:04 PM

Since my list has changed quite a bit in a year...

Monroe Toula
Monroe: I've loved this name on a girl for a loooong time. The comedian Dan Cummins helped too (he has a daughter named Monroe). Every time I see Monroe somewhere, I just love it even more. Marilyn Monroe has nothing to do with it for me believe it or not haha!
Toula: Heard this name on My Big Fat Greek Wedding and while I'm no where near Greek (it was a nickname anyway), I love the sound of it. I just think it sounds gorgeous. However, I'm not bold enough to use it as a first name and I think it gives Monroe a super feminine sound/feel.

Susannah 'Suzie' Autumn
Susannah: This would be a 100% honor name. My youngest sister is Savannah and I love all her nicknames that she has and I love that they two names sound similar. Suzie makes a cute nickname for it.
Autumn: My other little sister's name. I love the idea of honoring both of them with the same combo. That way I either honor both of them, or neither of them. Fair is fair. (I'm a decade+ older than both of them so they'll be young aunts)

Arizona 'Zoe' Marie
Arizona: My reasoning for this is the same as above. Love that there's history behind the name. (Not in regards to the actual state but in name usage form). I've also loved the idea that she could fall back on a more 'known' name as her nickname and it would still sound like a full name, if she chose.
Marie: Sometimes I love these paired together, other times I feel like Marie is too 'filler' sounding...but then maybe that's what should be with a name like Arizona. Sigh. Either way, Marie is my middle name and my aunt/godmother's middle name (that's why I have it) and the older I get, the more I just love the name. I even love Marie from the Aristocats. I love it enough to use it as a first name but don't think I actually could.

Daphne 'Daffy' Shay

Daphne: I mostly have this on my list so I can use the nickname Daffy. I think it's adorable on a little girl (not a forever nickname most likely). It won't be my first girl (unless I have a boy first but I doubt that) since my cat is Sylvester and having Sylvester and Daffy back to back might be odd. It's not a reason I like Daphne buuuut, my mom has called me 'Scooby-doo' for as long as I can remember and I actually was Daphne for Halloween one year. I still like the name enough even if Daffy doesn't stick.
Shay: My first name actually was almost Shayla (not sure on that spelling). I've loved it and wished that was my name for years. I don't like Shayla as a middle name so I've shortened it to Shay. But I do really want to use it for a girl (don't like it on a boy) and prefer the Shay spelling instead of Shea. Shayla would be out anyway because my ex-boss (who screwed me over) has that same name spelled differently anyway, ugh.

(I'll do boys after I put Savannah to bed)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users