Photo

One more Bible name

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 Baby Name Genie

Baby Name Genie

Baby Name Genie

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 07:31 PM

Name: Sarah

We are looking for a baby girl name that will complete our family. My husband is named Thaddeus and we have a son named Zachary James. I wanted a biblical name like ours but not too common. I offered the names Zipporah and Claudia, which got mixed reviews. They like Zoe or Avery. What do you think?

#2 neverland

neverland

Distinguished Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 03:49 AM

Zoe and Zachary make a mighty cute sib-set.  Since Zoe means "Life" and Zachary means "the Lord remembered" I think they compliment each other nicely even if Zoe isn't a biblical name.

Tabitha was a woman in the New Testament with a good reputation.  Tabitha and Zachary?

Anastasia means "resurrection" and Anastasia and Zachary make a good sib set.  Sabrina has many meanings as it's usage spread into Europe. But it was originally a form of Sabra meaning "thorny cactus" and used to descibe native Israelis who were considered tough on the outside but soft and sweet on the inside.  

Did any of those ideas help?

#3 RainstreamofSpiritClan

RainstreamofSpiritClan

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,938 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 01:13 PM

My all time favorite Biblical woman is Queen Esther, naming a baby after her you could use either Esther or her Hebrew name Hadassah

#4 Marvelous_Things

Marvelous_Things

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,663 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 12:21 PM

Here a few suggestions of some uncommon Biblical names:

Ariel/Arielle/Ariella (Ariel was used in the Old Testament as another name for the city of Jerusalem).

Delilah

Elisheva (Hebrew form of Elizabeth).

Jemima

Lydia

Naomi

Rebekah/Rebecca

Shoshannah 

Tirzah

Zara (form of Sarah)

A lot of Biblical names commonly used in English have many foreign variants that you might consider as well. Hope this helps!