7 replies to this topic

#1 EmilyA

EmilyA

Power Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 870 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 12:36 PM

Hey lovelies! I hope everyone is doing well! I've been really thinking my name list through lately and have came to the realization that I want to give my new son/daughter an awesome name that radiates uniqueness and class. Odd combination, right? Because everyone wants their child to have a unique name. Oh well. I know what I want and I want to give him/her a very memorable name. Nothing like Pilot Inspektor or Fifi Trixibelle, I swear; Scouts honor.  :D 

So here goes the list... Some feedback would be greatly appreciated! :) (None of the middle names are truly set in stone)

Boys: 

Dashiell Mark

Cyrus Matthew/ Nathaniel

Blaine Sebastian/ Thomas

Knox Gregory 

Nash Benjamin/ Tobias/ Everette 

Daxton Cade (I honestly don't know if it would be better to keep the name as just Dax or dress it up and commit to the full length Daxton.)

Rhys- I honestly can't find a middle name that neither me or the hubby loves! 

Gage Maxwell/ Anthony

Zane Charles/ Dominic 

Baylor Charles 

Girls:

Penelope Ann

Aurora Quinn

Arielle Maeve

Luelle Blu (Very out there but we love it!) 

Madeline Kate/ Claire/ Alice

Delilah Kate

Lorelei Kate / Jane

Tallulah Belle/ Rose/ Pearl/ Mae

Piper Maeve/ Elizabeth/ Mackenzie/ Josephine

Francesca  Odette/ Pearl/ Ivy (We would call her Frankie, so sweet and spunky!) 

Sooooo sorry that my list(s) are long! I just love them all.  :wub: 

Thank you in advance, lovelies! :) 

#2 HxppySxng

HxppySxng

Legendary Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,040 posts
  • Interests:Planners, piercings, Witchcraft, Netflix, & baking.

Posted 12 August 2014 - 02:34 PM

Boys: 

Dashiell Mark - I am totally in a stage of loving the name Dashiell, I'm super in love with the nn Dash. Mark is nms, but it works well in the combo. 

Cyrus Nathaniel - Cyrus is cute, it has a differentness to it, but it is also classy. Cyrus Nathaniel is super handsome. 

Blaine Sebastian - Blaine, so cute, love this spelling. This, along with Blaise, are always butchered. So glad to see a tasteful spelling. Sebastian compliments Blaine a bit better than Thomas. 

Knox Gregory - Knox is nms, Gregory is super handsome. Cute pairing. 

Nash Tobias - Nash also fits the unique-with-taste feel you're trying to get. Nash Tobias is my favourite combo on your boy's list.  

Daxton Cade - I like Daxton, Dax is a cute nn. Cade is awesome. 

Rhys - Suggestions; Rhys Matthew, Rhys Ethan, Rhys Jamison, Rhys Aiden, Rhys Declan. ?

Gage Anthony - Gage Anthony is an amazing combo. Love this one!

Zane Dominic - Dominic is a gp of mine, love the masculinity. Zane is very handsome. 

Baylor Charles - Baylor is a cute alt. to Taylor. It's very Southern sounding to me, I hope that's the feel you're trying to get. Love Charles as a mn.

Girls:

Penelope Ann - Neither names are my cup of tea, but I love the nn Penny.

Aurora Quinn - G O R G E O U S! Quinn is such a cute name, Aurora is perfect for a little princess. 

Arielle Maeve - With this spelling, I want to pronounce it Are-ee-el, not Air-ee-el, is that how you would prefer it said? Maeve is nms. 

Luelle Blu - It's cute, but I'm not a fan of the repeating lu sounds. 

Madeline Claire - Mad-el-in or Mad-el-ine? Madeline Claire is one of my personal favourite combos ever. Love it!!!!

Delilah Kate - Delilah is cute, Kate is nms. Cute combo. 

Lorelei Jane - Lorelei is a great unique name that has class, as you put it. This is the best combo for the style you're looking for imo. 

Tallulah Rose - Cute pairing. 

Piper  Mackenzie - I love seeing both these names on other people's kids, but they aren't something I would ever use for my own. 

Francesca Odette - I love seeing gender swapped nun's, tbh. Go for the Frankie thing. I know a Francesca who went by Frannie, and Ceci occasionally. 

• EmilyA likes this

#3 EmilyA

EmilyA

Power Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 870 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 02:52 PM

Boys: 

Dashiell Mark - I am totally in a stage of loving the name Dashiell, I'm super in love with the nn Dash. Mark is nms, but it works well in the combo. 

Cyrus Nathaniel - Cyrus is cute, it has a differentness to it, but it is also classy. Cyrus Nathaniel is super handsome. 

Blaine Sebastian - Blaine, so cute, love this spelling. This, along with Blaise, are always butchered. So glad to see a tasteful spelling. Sebastian compliments Blaine a bit better than Thomas. 

Knox Gregory - Knox is nms, Gregory is super handsome. Cute pairing. 

Nash Tobias - Nash also fits the unique-with-taste feel you're trying to get. Nash Tobias is my favourite combo on your boy's list.  

Daxton Cade - I like Daxton, Dax is a cute nn. Cade is awesome. 

Rhys - Suggestions; Rhys Matthew, Rhys Ethan, Rhys Jamison, Rhys Aiden, Rhys Declan. ?

Gage Anthony - Gage Anthony is an amazing combo. Love this one!

Zane Dominic - Dominic is a gp of mine, love the masculinity. Zane is very handsome. 

Baylor Charles - Baylor is a cute alt. to Taylor. It's very Southern sounding to me, I hope that's the feel you're trying to get. Love Charles as a mn.

Girls:

Penelope Ann - Neither names are my cup of tea, but I love the nn Penny.

Aurora Quinn - G O R G E O U S! Quinn is such a cute name, Aurora is perfect for a little princess. 

Arielle Maeve - With this spelling, I want to pronounce it Are-ee-el, not Air-ee-el, is that how you would prefer it said? Maeve is nms. 

Luelle Blu - It's cute, but I'm not a fan of the repeating lu sounds. 

Madeline Claire - Mad-el-in or Mad-el-ine? Madeline Claire is one of my personal favourite combos ever. Love it!!!!

Delilah Kate - Delilah is cute, Kate is nms. Cute combo. 

Lorelei Jane - Lorelei is a great unique name that has class, as you put it. This is the best combo for the style you're looking for imo. 

Tallulah Rose - Cute pairing. 

Piper  Mackenzie - I love seeing both these names on other people's kids, but they aren't something I would ever use for my own. 

Francesca Odette - I love seeing gender swapped nun's, tbh. Go for the Frankie thing. I know a Francesca who went by Frannie, and Ceci occasionally. 

You are definitely a life savor! Thank you so much for your feed back! Dashiell has always been one of my top pics but hubby doesn't seem to keen on the idea of using it. I love it not only because of the movie 'The Incredibles' but because it screams handsome and sophistication! Dash is such a cute name but then again there's the association of the Kardashians for which doesn't really bother me. From your suggestions of Rhys I love Rhys Jamison. I just feel like using a name ending in -on would be siding seeing as my son, Easton, has that ending. I try to balance out all of their names equally. 

Aurora Quinn is one I just immediately loved from the beginning. Hubby loves the idea of naming our possible daughter after a Disney princess. We're a family choked full of Disney freaks. Quinn has always left a soft spot in my heart and I love it dearly. We would like the pronunciation of Arielle to be Air-ee-uhl (Does that make sense? I can never sound them out over a computer screen if my life depended on it!) I like both Arielle/Ariel spellings. Thank you for pointing out the repeating -lu sounding of Luella Blu. I can't really find a middle name for it. Madeline is another spelling of Madelyn (Mad-uh-lynn). Lorelei Jane would go by Rory as would Aurora if we ever made that decision. Francesca has really grown on me. I've never heard it on anyone so it makes me want to use it even more! I got the idea Frankie from a TV show called The Fosters and just fell head over heels for it. Piper Mackenzie is really a GP but the hubby loves the name Mackenzie so we compromised to possibly use it as a middle name. 

#4 Addison

Addison

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,122 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 08:21 AM

Boys: 

Dashiell Mark - not my style, but I love Mark and the nn Dash

Cyrus Matthew/ Nathaniel - both sound really good with it! I think it the mn would depend on your surname. Never loved Cyrus, but I love Silas, so I'm warming up :)

Blaine Sebastian - love the sound of Blaine Sebastian! Thomas is a favorite of mine, but Sebastian just sounds amazing here.

Knox Gregory - wonderful combo. I feel like this really captures your class/uniqueness goal.

Nash Benjamin/ Tobias - Nash Benjamin  :wub:  It is so handsome! Best combo on your list! I also like Nash Tobias quite a bit, but not as much as Benjamin. And Hayes, Easton, Vivienne, and Nash sound amazing together.

Daxton Cade - Keep it Dax. Much cooler, less clunky. Dax Benjamin or Dax Nathaniel would be great!

Rhys - Rhys Elijah, Rhys Nathaniel, Rhys William.

Gage Maxwell - like the feel of Maxwell here. 

Zane Charles - Zane Charles is great

Baylor Charles - not my taste, but handsome nonetheless.

Girls:

Penelope Ann - my cousin's name, not my style but the nn options for Penelope are cute

Aurora Quinn - Aurora is very cute! Quinn isn't my style, but I like the spunky-ness with Aurora.

Arielle Maeve - Love Maeve! Arielle is sweet, too. 

Luelle Blu (Very out there but we love it!) - imo they are a bit much together, but I love Blu/Blue. Madeline Blu and Luelle Claire/Kate?  :wub: 

Madeline Alice - I like Alice, but I think Madeline Blu would be really sweet!

Delilah Kate - I don't like Delilah because of the Biblical associations, and have always preferred Kate as a nn for Catherine, but this is good together 

Lorelei Jane - Love Lorelei Jane! Magnificent combo!!

Tallulah Belle/ Rose/ Pearl/ Mae - can't decide on the best of your middles here, I love the sound of Belle but it looks like too many L's. Really any listed are good though.

Piper Elizabeth - usually I dislike Elizabeth as a middle, but with Piper it is so sweet! Really spectacular combo.

Francesca Pearl - sweet combo! If your surname is one syllable, though, go for Odette as a middle. 

My favorites from your list are Nash Benjamin and Piper Elizabeth. Knox Gregory and Lorelei Jane take a close second.  :D 

• EmilyA likes this

#5 MissJay

MissJay

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,747 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 12:50 PM

*My favorites are in bold!

Boys: 

Dashiell Mark: I love the name Dashiell, especially the nickname Dash! I'm not a huge fan of Mark. I love the combos Dashiell Cruz, Dashiell Gray, and Dashiell Isaac. 

Cyrus Matthew: I'm warming up to Cyrus ever since I started watching Scandal. :) The nickname Cy is cute! I think Cyrus Matthew flows a little bit better.

Blaine Sebastian: Blaine is a nice name. I like the combo Blaine Sebastian better than Thomas. I think it really adds a certain spunk and vintage feel to it. 

Knox Gregory: Knox is cute. Gregory is nms. I think Knox Sebastian is wonderful! 

Nash Benjamin: I like Nash Benjamin best! They compliment each other nicely!

Daxton Cade: I'm not a huge fan of Daxton, it just feels awkward to say. I do like Dax as a stand alone name. How about Dax Nathaniel? 

Rhys: I just started to love the name Rhys! I tend to use it more as a middle, but it works great as either. Rhys Nathaniel/Nathaniel Rhys, Hayden Rhys, Elijah Rhys, Maddox Rhys, Rhys Holden, Rhys Everett..those are some random combos that come to mind. 

Gage Maxwell: I'm not to fond of Gage. I like Gage Maxwell slightly better.

Zane Charles : Zane is a little trendy, but still adorable! I prefer Charles over Dominic. 

Baylor Charles: I LOVE the name Baylor. I've always thought of it more for girls, but it works for both! Baylor Charles is a good combination of unique and classic! 

Girls:

Penelope Ann: I never use to like Penelope, but now I find it absolutely adorable! I love the nickname Nell or Nellie. Ann sounds nice with it!

Aurora Quinn: I really like this combo! Aurora is so princess-like and love that the nickname Rory is more tom-boyish. Quinn compliments it nicely!

Arielle Maeve: I agree that I want to pronounce this as Are-ee-el, which is still pretty! Maeve is very sweet. 

Luelle Blu: Luelle is a little out there for me, but I think Lou would be adorable on a little girl! Since Luelle is very uncommon, I think it would be best to pair it with something a tad bit more classic. Ex:  Luelle Victoria, Luelle Charlotte, Luelle Caroline, Luelle Sophia

Madeline Claire: Love Madeline! It sound great with all three middles, but Claire is my favorite! 

Delilah Kate: Very sweet! I can totally picture this on the cutest little girl! :) 

Lorelei Jane: Lorelei Jane is great! 

Tallulah Belle/ Rose: Tallulah isn't really my style. I like it paired with Belle or Rose. 

Piper Mackenzie: Love Piper! Piper Mackenzie is nice, a little unisex but it still works great!

Francesca Ivy (We would call her Frankie, so sweet and spunky!): I like Francesca Ivy! The nickname Frankie is so cute! 

• EmilyA likes this

#6 BabyNameRater

BabyNameRater

Legendary Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,669 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 11:03 AM

Boys: 

Dashiell Mark

Cyrus Matthew/ Nathaniel

Blaine Sebastian/ Thomas

Knox Gregory 

Nash Benjamin/ Tobias/ Everette 

Daxton Cade (I honestly don't know if it would be better to keep the name as just Dax or dress it up and commit to the full length Daxton.)

Rhys- I honestly can't find a middle name that neither me or the hubby loves! 

Gage Maxwell/ Anthony

Zane Charles/ Dominic 

Baylor Charles 

Girls:

Penelope Ann

Aurora Quinn

Arielle Maeve

Luelle Blu (Very out there but we love it!) 

Madeline Kate/ Claire/ Alice

Delilah Kate

Lorelei Kate / Jane

Tallulah Belle/ Rose/ Pearl/ Mae

Piper Maeve/ Elizabeth/ Mackenzie/ Josephine

Francesca  Odette/ Pearl/ Ivy (We would call her Frankie, so sweet and spunky!) 

#7 Wish

Wish

Junior Baby Namer

• Bronze Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 11:27 AM

Dashiell Mark- how do you pronounce Dashiell? dash-eel ? dash eye ell? I like it either way. this is a nice combination though I am not personally fond of Mark

Cyrus Matthew/Nathaniel- Cyrus is cool though I'm not over the top about it. it's a refreshing name compared to what's currently out there. Matthew and Nathaniel aren't what I'd call interesting but they aren't terrible. I'd prefer Cyrus Nathaniel of the two.

Blaine Sebastian/Thomas- don't like Blaine or Thomas. Sebastian is cool but I agree with keeping it as a middle. do you like Augustine after the saint?

Knox Gregory- this is ok. although both aren't really my style

Nash Benjamin/Tobias/Everette- not really into any of these

Daxton Cade- this is alright. though I prefer Dexter. Cade is interesting

Rhys- how do you pronounce this? I think I like it. Rhys Orion.

Gage Maxwell/Anthony- Gage is very cool ! Both middle names work though I'm not over the top on either. Gage Maxwell would be my pick of the two

Zane charles/Dominic- Zane is also very cool! I dislike Charles. of the two I'd say Zane Dominic.

Baylor Charles- don't like.

Penelope Ann- love Penelope ! not Ann. Although it works.

Aurora Quinn- Aurora is very pretty! Quinn isn't my favorite but it does work

Arielle Maeve- Arielle is also very pretty. I wouldn't pair it with Maeve but maybe I'm just writing that bc I am not fond of the name. I don't personally think Maeve compliments Arielle at all

Luelle Blu- how do you say Luelle ? lew ell. lew ell E? lew lee? I think the combination is darling regardless. good flow. not a name you here everyday. and this is like the one combination I like with Blu. very cute and different :)

Madelaine Kate/Claire/Alice- Alice is the only name I kindof like out of this combination

Delilah Kate- Delilah is quite pretty. I'm not over the top about Kate but the combo works

Lorelai Kate/Jane- Lorelai is very pretty! plus you get the nn Rory (Aurora does too)! Kate and jane are nms, but of the two I'd pick Kate. I would reconsider a different middle altogether

Tallulah Belle/Rose /Pearl/Mae- Tallulah is absolutely darling ! ALL middles work well, but I'd say my favorites are Belle and Mae :)

Piper- another great pick ! So cute! out of you're middles I'd go with Josephine. I strongly dislike the others. what about Piper Josie? :)

Franscesca Odette/Pearl/Ivy- Franscesca is not my favorite, but Frankie is cute. Odette Pearl and Ivy are all pretty. I'd pair it with Odette but Pearl works too

You have great taste all around ! :)

#8 Wish

Wish

Junior Baby Namer

• Bronze Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 11:36 AM

Dashiell Mark- how do you pronounce Dashiell? dash-eel ? dash eye ell? I like it either way. this is a nice combination though I am not personally fond of Mark

Cyrus Matthew/Nathaniel- Cyrus is cool though I'm not over the top about it. it's a refreshing name compared to what's currently out there. Matthew and Nathaniel aren't what I'd call interesting but they aren't terrible. I'd prefer Cyrus Nathaniel of the two.

Blaine Sebastian/Thomas- don't like Blaine or Thomas. Sebastian is cool but I agree with keeping it as a middle. do you like Augustine after the saint?

Knox Gregory- this is ok. although both aren't really my style

Nash Benjamin/Tobias/Everette- not really into any of these

Daxton Cade- this is alright. though I prefer Dexter. Cade is interesting

Rhys- how do you pronounce this? I think I like it. Rhys Orion.

Gage Maxwell/Anthony- Gage is very cool ! Both middle names work though I'm not over the top on either. Gage Maxwell would be my pick of the two

Zane charles/Dominic- Zane is also very cool! I dislike Charles. of the two I'd say Zane Dominic.

Baylor Charles- don't like.

Penelope Ann- love Penelope ! not Ann. Although it works.

Aurora Quinn- Aurora is very pretty! Quinn isn't my favorite but it does work

Arielle Maeve- Arielle is also very pretty. I wouldn't pair it with Maeve but maybe I'm just writing that bc I am not fond of the name. I don't personally think Maeve compliments Arielle at all

Luelle Blu- how do you say Luelle ? lew ell. lew ell E? lew lee? I think the combination is darling regardless. good flow. not a name you here everyday. and this is like the one combination I like with Blu. very cute and different :)

Madelaine Kate/Claire/Alice- Alice is the only name I kindof like out of this combination

Delilah Kate- Delilah is quite pretty. I'm not over the top about Kate but the combo works

Lorelai Kate/Jane- Lorelai is very pretty! plus you get the nn Rory (Aurora does too)! Kate and jane are nms, but of the two I'd pick Kate. I would reconsider a different middle altogether

Tallulah Belle/Rose /Pearl/Mae- Tallulah is absolutely darling ! ALL middles work well, but I'd say my favorites are Belle and Mae :)

Piper- another great pick ! So cute! out of you're middles I'd go with Josephine. I strongly dislike the others. what about Piper Josie? :)

Franscesca Odette/Pearl/Ivy- Franscesca is not my favorite, but Frankie is cute. Odette Pearl and Ivy are all pretty. I'd pair it with Odette but Pearl works too

You have great taste all around ! :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users