Photo

Requests for Different name Varitions from Grandmother of the baby.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 mrs.davis2011

mrs.davis2011

Aspiring Baby Namer

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 02:19 PM

Ok I just found out that I am pregnant, don't know if it will be a boy or girl yet. Only between 5 and 12 weeks along. I like unique names as you will see from this list. I also am wanting a Cherokee name for a girl if possible. I have 4 boy names the first and first middle name is the same but second middle is different. I like unique spelling as well.

Boy names                                                                      Girl Names

Badal Christopher Scott                                              Chaycelynn Crystalina Caylin

Badal Christopher Eugene                                          Angellina Annabella Kaylin

Badal Christopher Dakkota                                         Kaytlynn Royse Sapphyre

Badal Christopher Samuel                                          Sapphyre Royse Kaytlynn

Sapphyre Royse Kaylynn

As you can see unusal names completely. Badal is a Cherokee name meaning "Storm Cloud"  Chaycelynn is actually pronounced Chaselynne. The reason for the Kay/Cay is that is a family name on my mom's side of the family. I don't really know how I came up with Sapphyre with that spelling but I think it is because I like unique spelling as well as names. My mom has put requests in for either boy or girl. Girl name has to contain the Kay doesn't matter the spelling, Boy name she would really like Royce or even Reyce but I don't know how Badal Christopher Royce or Badal Christopher Reyce would sound together. I need help..

#2 Petticoaterella

Petticoaterella

Novice Baby Namer

• PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 06:14 PM

My first impression upon seeing the girls' names was, "Oh my gosh, that poor child." They will have trouble fitting on documents, the spelling will be a constant pain, and they read like someone trying very hard to be as unique as possible. (I don't mean this to sound offensive, I'm just being honest.)

To my knowledge, Badal is a Hindi name that means storm, not a Cherokee.

I highly recommend reading this before selecting a Native American name! http://www.native-la...es.org/baby.htm

#3 Bunko0

Bunko0

Superstar Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 743 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 08:27 PM

The boy names are all right, but the girl names honestly make me cringe. I don't want to sound mean, but I would hate to be saddled with something so complicated. 

#4 Marvelous_Things

Marvelous_Things

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,670 posts
  • Interests:Movies, music, psychology, history, literature, anime, cosplay, and names.

Posted 17 July 2014 - 12:18 PM

I agree with what the previous posters have said. The boys names are okay, but the girls names are overly complicated and just too much. You have some pretty name suggestions, but together they are over the top, and the "unique" spellings will only cause frustration. 

Angelina, Annabella, and Kaitlyn/Caitlyn are pretty names, but I think Rose/Rosalie/Rosalind, etc. would be better than Royse.  Sapphyre looks like a name from a teen fantasy book. 

Here are some suggestions that you may like:

Anneliese

Ariadne (air-ree-add-nee)

Arya/Aria

Carys

Althea 

Christiana

Aurelia

Cordelia

Angelica

Emilia (a more unusual alternative to the popular Amelia)

Aoife (EE-fa)

Elodie

Anastasia

Gabrielle/Gabriella

And here are a few "Cay/Kay" names

Cadence

Acadia

Sorry if I sounded to harsh. I hope this helps.  :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users