• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Remy Hadley

Remy Hadley

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,884 posts
  • Interests:♥ baby names ♥ pasta ♥ sherlock holmes ♥ knitting / crocheting ♥ hiking ♥ dogs ♥ sea creatures ♥ birds ♥ nature documentaries ♥ peaceful parenting ♥ cooking ♥

Posted 22 August 2011 - 02:43 PM

I need a name for the two sisters below, and then the other girl :) I'll post a short discription below

Posted ImagePosted Image
The blond grew up being very much a tomboy, until when she got to highschool and started noticing boys a lot more. Then she decided she really greatly disliked who she was and tries to completely change herself. The brunette is all natural and down to earth. She decided to start homeschooling in 7th grade and has loved it ever sense. Loves to spend time with her family, and spends some time with her friends [she keeps in contact with plenty of her friends from before]. She is much more steadfast in her views and beliefs, and tries to act mature all the time but she's still young and has a lot of growing to do. Edie and Gracie have come to mind here, but I don't know...

Posted Image
This is the sisters older brothers girlfriend. She just moved into the states from Italy about six months ago, and met the girls older brother at his college. She came over to study at an american college. She tends to be seen as a party girl, she's very fun loving and loves to get her adreniline flowing. But, she is a very sweet and thoughtful girl, and is into a sturdy, real relationship.

I haven't decided exactly what the brother looks like, but he's good looking and tends to party hard. He used to always be that guy who was always with another girl, until his little sister entered high school and started dating a boy who tends to be a player. So the brother re-evaluated his actions and started being a little more serious... which is a struggle a lot of times. But so far, he is really inlove with his girlfriend... I am stuck between Riley, Greyson, Teagan, and Carson. Always open to more suggestions, but those are what I like.

Currently I'm just using filler names... Alice, Anne, and Jane. And I keep erasing Riley/Greyson/Teagan/Carson's name and changing it to one of these options. So yeah. But yeah, I had a dream like this and decided why not turn it into a story? Help is much appreciated! :) Thanks!

#2 Anny

Anny

Star Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 10:56 AM

mmh ... I have to think about it ...

The blond looks and sounds like a girl with a female version of a boys name, like Kylie or Kyla. A name like that reflects her struggle of not knowing who she is, should she be more of a tomboy or more of a princess.

The brunette seems to not have a biblical name, she is down to earth, so to me a 'heavenly' name wouldn't suit her. So I tried to find names that mean strong, brave, but also friendly. So far I found:
Amelie (strong, brave)/ Amalia (also: just and fair) , Aimee (actually means 'the lover', but looks a lot like the French 'ami' meaning friend, so Amy would be great too), Alaina/ or other spelling (meaning just, fair), Nele or other spelling (meaning bright/ smart, joyous).

A name for the Italian girl is easy:
Gabriella, Maria, Sofia, Adriana, Isabella, Aless(i)a, Antonia nn Toni, Cornelia, Concetta, Donata, Eliana, Fabiana, Fabrizia, Floriana, Giovanna, Liviana, Loretta, Luciana, Manuela, Mariella, Mirella, Ornella, Ottavia, Paola, Rosanna, Rosina, Valeria, Vincenza, Vitalia (meaning 'of life' and her character seems to sparkle with life and fun), Vittoria ... But the picture kinda looks like a Vittoria, I don't know why I think that.

The brother/ boyfriend: from your choices I would say that Riley or Carson are more suitable because those to names have been around a while longer than the other two. But it could be me though that Greyson and Teagan are 'newer' names. Also difficult to suggest a name for a player but trying to change into a sophisticated man. But I looked up names that mean player, but the only names I got, usually refer to former sports players. So one would be Darrent which can be changed to Darren (meaning the one that supports the good. I think that would be a nice name for this character).

So here is my favorite combo from the names I thought of and found:
- siblings -
Kylie
Amy
Darren
- 'foreigner' -
Vittoria

#3 Remy Hadley

Remy Hadley

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,884 posts
  • Interests:♥ baby names ♥ pasta ♥ sherlock holmes ♥ knitting / crocheting ♥ hiking ♥ dogs ♥ sea creatures ♥ birds ♥ nature documentaries ♥ peaceful parenting ♥ cooking ♥

Posted 28 August 2011 - 09:25 PM

Thank you sooo much!! <3

I definitely really like Kylie!!! Though I'd spell it Kiley :) I think... I've always prefered the spelling Kiley, but this particular character almost looks more like a Kylie... thanks!

For the second, Amelie, Alaina, and Nele are cute! Not sure if they are perfect.. but definitely among the lines of what I'd like! <3 I just thought of maybe a variation of Anna, though not Anna itself cause I don't like just that. Like Anneliese nick name Annie or something... I'm unsure though!

Greyson and Teagan are newer names... I know a 17 year old girl named Tegan but no older guys with that name, actually... huh! Right now I really prefer Riley! But Riley and Kiley would be a bad sibling set.... :L So maybe Carson and Kiley? Maybe... hmm..

For the girl, Vittoria does seem to fit well!! Maria, Sofia, Alessia, Eliana, Fabiana, Liviana, Mirella, Rosanna, Rosina, and Vitalia all sound really nice! I like Fabiana and Vitalia just because they seem to feel very Italian! And foreign, and not just like one of the more commonly heard names Americans use and all. I like Vitalia because she is a full of life sort of girl! Hmm!!!

Thank you so much!

#4 Meghan<3

Meghan<3

Legendary Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,823 posts
  • Interests:Baby names, writing, reading, animals

Posted 03 September 2011 - 02:45 PM

Blonde: Hanna, Nicole, Brianne, Hope, Kayla, Emma, Joanna?
Brunette: Samantha, Rose, Ruby, Sophie, Grace, Alice, Anna / Anne?
Italian: Adriana, Bianca, Carlotta, Daniela, Isabella, Marietta?
Brother: Mitchell, Cameron, Camden, Casey, Carlson?

My favorites are:
- Hanna or Emma
- Samantha or Ruby
-Carlotta or Bianca
-Camden or Riley

Good luck!

#5 ImaginationGirl

ImaginationGirl

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,608 posts
  • Interests:Reading, Writing, Acting, Singing and spending time with God, my family, friends and cats!

Posted 03 September 2011 - 03:21 PM

I think the brother seems like a Carson.
The blonde girl could by Kylie (or Kiley), or maybe Stephanie, Jamie, Ally, Catherine, Abigail or Melanie.
The brunette could be a Rachel, Hannah, Bethany, Rose, Laura, Wendy, Morgan or Natalie.
I'm not really sure on the 3rd girl. She kind of looks like some type of Gia or Jen. I don't know, sorry!

You're story sounds really interesting! Good luck!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users