• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 Hannah

Hannah

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,785 posts
  • Interests:I love writing, reading, sports of any kind(my favorites being basketball & soccer), music, and hanging out with my friends and family.

AND, I of course love thinking of baby names even though that is a VERY far in the future thing for me because I'm still young!

Posted 06 June 2012 - 11:20 AM

Hello everyone! I recently saw a really interesting "trending topic" on twitter about what someone was almost named. In my case I was going to be Caleb Scott (if I would have been a boy) or Skyler Dawn. However, my mom's mom hated the name Skyler for a girl and eventually talked my mom out of that. So instead, my mom came up with Hannah Rachelle, which I find much more appealing!

So basically, I was just curious to see if any of you knew what you were almost named.

#2 Kaysee712

Kaysee712

Notable Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 11:26 AM

My mom had my name picked out since she was like 16 I guess. I was going to be Casey Nicole or Nicole Casey. She chose Casey Nicole. If I was a boy I think I still would have been Casey but probably would have ended up being Casey James.

Now my brother actually had like 3 different names he was going to be but they were all boy choices.

Brady
Gannon
Parker

And the middle name James which is my dad's name. They picked Brady, my mom wanted Gannon and my dad wanted Parker so they somehow both liked Brady and that's what they went with.

My sister in law Amy Jo has a really good story about how her name was picked, her parents put a bunch of names on pieces of paper in a hat and literally just picked one out. Her dad being such a funny guy put names in like Greta and Bernice. Her mom had put Amy, Jamie, and Lauren in the hat. Luckily Amy was the one that was picked out but I'm sure if her mom had picked out one of the names her dad wrote she wouldn't have used it. But the cool thing was they saved the pieces of paper and put them in her baby book which I thought was really cool

#3 PaperHeart

PaperHeart

Genie-ous Baby Namer and Moderator

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,160 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 11:31 AM

OH, I did it!

If I was a boy, I would have been Yoni. [The Hebrew version of Johnny!]

Being a girl.. if I had been born 20 minutes earlier, I would have been Danielle.

Unfortunately, my sister decided to make her escape, I was left behind and I landed with Yasmine.

My mum was 100% certain about D's name, but had a few options for me.

Ma'ayan

Shani [Hebrew version of Jenny I believe]

And one more I can't remember. There was a list on the back of an old baby name book.

Suppose I'm glad I got lugged with Yasmine instead.

#4 Meghan<3

Meghan<3

Legendary Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,823 posts
  • Interests:Baby names, writing, reading, animals

Posted 06 June 2012 - 12:19 PM

My mom was pretty dead set on naming me Meghan. But if I had been a boy, I would have been either Kyle or Scott.

#5 Jay.

Jay.

Superstar Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 697 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 01:02 PM

My parents were odd with names :P. My mom literally saw my name in a name book, spelling and everything and said "How about this?" my dad said "I like it, there was a nice girl in my first grade class named that." no decussion on boys names. How ever if I had been a boy I probably would have been: Benjamin Robert/Louis, Jason Robert/Louis or Jeffery Robert/Louis. I also could have gotten stuck with being "the third" <_<

#6 -Regan<3

-Regan<3

Epic Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • 1,606 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 01:26 PM

My mom didn't find out if I was a boy or a girl so she had both genders picked out, however she did change the girls name like 2 weeks before I was born.

So I was either going to be Jessica Leigh/Lee (both pronounced Lee) or Robert Jarrett (I think) but I would've went by Jarrett.

Jessica was just to popular for her taste so she changed it to Regan :)

#7 Alexis!

Alexis!

Epic Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • 1,614 posts
  • Interests:Bones
    Mysteries
    Baking
    Photography
    Science
    Writing
    Reading

Posted 06 June 2012 - 01:50 PM

My mom was convinced I was going to be a boy and decided to name me Devin Lee, though she threw around Cody for a while as well, what she was thinking of naming my sister. The farthest they got with girls names was Lexi, after a soap opera character my mom loved. When I was born, they decided Lexi alone was too short on its own and decided on Alexis because I "looked like an Alexis," and Brooke because my mom loved it.

My sister's name, Amanda Taylor, came out of the nickname Mandy that they lengthened to Amanda and Taylor from a little girl my mom saw when she was pregnant, the mom called her name and my mom loved it. She would have been Cody if she were a boy.

With my brother, they figured they would go with another A name and my mom wanted to name him Abel, after her grandfather, but my dad wouldn't go for it. So they decided to make his initials ABE so it was in there somehow and my brother became Austin Blake. As far as I know, they didn't talk about girls names, though it would have been an A.

#8 Jenna_Lee

Jenna_Lee

Legendary Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 2,957 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 02:11 PM

My middle name would have been Lee regardless of my gender because it's my dad's middle name, and despite the fact that I am a girl, I like it ^^

I'm not sure what I would have been named if I was a boy, but since my mom was a teenager or something she loved the name Jamie Lynne, but when they found out I was a girl my name was most certainly going to be Lee anyway, and she figured Jamie wasn't the same without Lynne. I also would have been Kaleigh (they would have spelled it this way, though I like the spelling Kaylee) but Kaleigh Lee didn't exactly work.

I don't believe I have my name on my profile, but I ended up with Jenna Lee. I don't mind it too much and I'm glad I didn't get a common middle name like Rose (but don't get me wrong, I have nothing against it, I just know sooo many people with the middle name Rose).

#9 ashooles

ashooles

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 5,952 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 02:14 PM

I was going to be called Melanie Jade, but then someone my mum went to school with happened to marry someone with the same last name as what I would have had and had a daughter a few months before me. They called her Melanie Jane. So I was Ashleigh Jade instead. If I had been a boy, I would have been Jayden.

#10 Permanent Rose

Permanent Rose

Legendary Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • 4,517 posts
  • Interests:art, reading, writing, dogs and cats

Posted 06 June 2012 - 02:24 PM

I was almost named Betsy lol

#11 Calla Lily

Calla Lily

Junior Baby Namer

• Bronze Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 02:39 PM

If I was a boy I would have been Donald Franklin. My parents loved that name for a while...My brother lucked out because I apparently went to daycare with a little boy named Donald before Noah was born and he drove my momma nuts. So he became Noah David.

When she was pregnant with me, my mom did fight my dad hard on naming me Gladiola Ruby. It was her favorite flower (and favorite stone) and she really, really wanted to use it as my name but my daddy said it was too weird. So my dad went and did research on all of the "normal" flower baby names. My mom reluctantly decided on Lily because it was the name of one of her favorite cousins who had died a few years prior to my birth. And I suppose Lily Ruby just sounded weird because I ended up Lily Dawn.

My sister was born twelve years after me so my mom was hoping by then to get away with using some of her other flower names, Gladiola and Orchid and a few others, but daddy still hated it. Daddy did love Rose, though, but momma didn't like it because it was too old fashioned. But daddy came up with a good argument so she ended up being Rose Eve.

#12 EmilieKay

EmilieKay

Distinguished Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 210 posts
  • Interests:playing the piano,playing the violin,reading,baking,cooking,taking care of kids,sewing,teaching piano,playing the mandolin

Posted 06 June 2012 - 03:13 PM

My oldest brother was either going to be Daniel James or Emilie Kay, well obviously he was a boy so Daniel James. Then my mom got pregnant with me and they still loved the name Emilie Kay so it was going to be that or Nathaniel Dean. then after me, my mom got pregnant again. It was going to be Abigail Ruth or Nathaniel Dean. Actually they were pretty sure that it was going to be a girl, so after the baby was born, 2 year old Daniel and 1 year old me came in wanting to see Abigail. Nope, it was a brother instead( and I still dont like the kid). Nect time my mom was pregnant, it was accidently found out in of the multiple tests because of the baby's heart problems, that it was a girl and she was given the name Abigail Ruth. By the next pregnancy we were ages 5,4,3 and 1 . Names picked were Samuel Louis or Sara Rose. We got Samuel, a chunky 9 pound baby boy. It was 3 years before the next baby came along. For some reason no boy name was picked( well some of the kids suggested Roast Beef lol), thankfully it was a little girl named Lydia Ann. For the next pregnancy it was going to be either Joel David or Rebekah Eileen. Well we got Rebekah Eileen. So that's how we got our names

#13 amandablake

amandablake

Aspiring Baby Namer

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 03:22 PM

my dad wanted to name me crystal amethyst.. ikr.. horrible
mom wanted to name me either amanda blake for a girl and zachary cole for a boy

#14 Laugh-Dream-Love

Laugh-Dream-Love

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 10,799 posts
  • Interests:Watching movies and snuggling with my boyfriend; Writing; Reading; Listening to music; Drawing; Singing

Posted 06 June 2012 - 04:49 PM

Well, I would have been Matthew if I was a boy. My mum fought hard for my middle name to be Rowena, so my initials would be HRH, but no such luck and I got Margaret after my nans instead.

My sister was going to be Amber-Leigh, but there was a girl in my class called Amberley, so they changed it to Kimberleigh instead. I personally think she got lucky, as she'd have been a Benedict if she was a boy!

My other sister's name wasn't picked out really, but my parents had Christopher picked if she was a boy. They couldn't agree on a girls name though, so I have no idea where Samantha came from lol.

My brother was going to be an Oliver or a Frederick. He's an Oliver though, which I prefer (: If he was a girl he'd have been Rebecca Florence.

#15 Wildflowerchild

Wildflowerchild

Power Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 765 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 05:01 PM

My dad loved the name Laramie and my mom loved Marley, but they decided that Laramie was a bit more unique...so that was a given. But he also loved Dakota, so my name was almost Laramie Dakota (my dad's truck was a Dodge Laramie... <_< ) when they settled on that for a while. But then my mom fell in love with Blake and so they came up with the combo, Laramie Blake and so it's a little less sounding like Daddy's truck lol.

But being named after my dad's truck has its advantages...like awesome nicknames, like Hemi! Hahahahaah

But if I had been a boy, my name would have been Wesley Cole.

#16 xxThePumpkinQueenxx

xxThePumpkinQueenxx

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 1,712 posts
  • Interests:singing, writing, reading, psychology, science, math, forensics, children, going to church, being with my family and SEC football. War Eagle!

Posted 06 June 2012 - 05:22 PM

If I had been a boy, I would have been Brett/Rhett Ashley.

Mom had Lauren Ashley picked out for girl to start, and that's what I got!

If Aasyn had been a girl, he would have been Azrael Mychelle. He was almost Matthew Aasyn.

Hayleigh went through a good bit of names before we settled on hers. Hannah Marie, Evelyn Elisabeth, Daelyn Ryan, Kailyn Ryan, Jaycee Mychelle, Ashlee Michelle, Hayleigh Abigail, and then we settled for her name: Hayleigh Elisabeth. I'm glad she wasn't a boy because she would have been Jameson Montgomery or Jerome Alexander Martin... :blink:

#17 The Future Mrs B

The Future Mrs B

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 2,094 posts
  • Interests:Music, names and my friends.

Posted 06 June 2012 - 07:48 PM

My mom wanted to name me either Hannah Paige or Samantha Shay. Dad said Samantha Shay sounded like a stripper name and he didn't like Hannah. He wanted to name me Cheyenne Sioux (pen Sue) after the Indian tribes. I was almost named that but when my brother was stillborn they couldn't have 1/2 of a set, he was supposed to be Lakota (Dakota was too common) Apache. So my grandma gave me Erin, which is another name for Ireland (where her family's from) and my put in Elizabeth. I look more like Erin than Sam, Dad says I act like a Cheyenne though.
My little sister was supposed to be Kaylynn since it was her mom & her grandma's middle names squished together but her grandma said it was too weird so she got Katlyn (prn Kaitlin).
My brother had a lot of possible name. My mom wanted Fritz, Dad wanted Wolfgang and to call him Wolfie. Mom said no. Dad said Glenn Franklin, Mom said it was too close to Ben Franklin. Dad said Robert Franklin, Mom said no more Roberts in the family (almost every guy on my dad's side has Robert in his name). Dad said Colt, they settled on Cole. Then he got another filler, Alexander. Cole Alexander is better than Fritz to me.

#18 Hannah

Hannah

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 1,785 posts
  • Interests:I love writing, reading, sports of any kind(my favorites being basketball & soccer), music, and hanging out with my friends and family.

AND, I of course love thinking of baby names even though that is a VERY far in the future thing for me because I'm still young!

Posted 07 June 2012 - 06:38 AM

These are all really interesting stories! Thanks for replying, it's interesting to know what you could've been called for the last however-many years you've been alive instead of what you're already used to.

#19 brittany111

brittany111

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 1,912 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 07:46 AM

i was going to be Caitlin but my dad would not agree :( i wish he had of!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#20 Mishada

Mishada

Superstar Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 612 posts
  • Interests:Stuff, I guess.

Posted 07 June 2012 - 11:27 AM

I was going to be Krystal. My brother, who is named Lucas, was going to be Clinton. I don't know what our names would have been if we were different genders.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users