4 replies to this topic

#1 Addison

Addison

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,122 posts

Posted 01 July 2015 - 06:16 AM

Summer writing class is soooo good, I absolutely love it. I have the same teacher as I did during the year and he's fantastic. Anyways, we're learning about character development, etc and he wants us to create two characters (one male, one female) and take them on a series of unrelated adventures to work with how said character thinks/works/feels, etc. Getting to know our character, basically. We'll have a bunch of random prompts and we write each of them using the same main characters, but when we go write the next one the things in the first story never happened. I am doing a terrible job of explaining, sorry. But I guess you understanding is not really a big deal, lol. 

Here are my thoughts.

For him, I think I want to go for Character A or B. I really want to challenge myself and go outside the box. But I also would like name suggestions/thoughts for Characters C and D. We have to submit characters for approval, so I'd like backups on the off chance that my other choices are thrown out, or if I ever decide I can't handle the challenge. The other characters will likely be used in smaller roles throughout the stories.

A. Inspiration: here & here

adventurous; dutiful; intellectual; calm; full of stories to tell; highly-educated (PhD); hard-worker; audacious

always learning something new, loves to travel

B. Inspiration: here & here

daring, but cautious; persistent; loves to run; father & father-figure; realist; valiant; deep-thinker; skilled; focused

a pilot, enjoys the shooting range

C. Inspiration: here & here

fun-loving; a high-school teacher; likable; kind; funny; chivalrous; charming; polite; down-to-earth, humble; honest

loves movies from the 60's-70's, loves going to Europe, used to be great at soccer

D. Inspiration: here & here

daring, sometimes reckless; races cars and motorcycles; independent; gallant; mettlesome; venturesome; nonchalant

spends one day a week volunteering at a nursing home, doesn't have much of a family

Let me know what you'd name them!! Thank you.

Will post female soon.

#2 Waxie

Waxie

Junior Baby Namer

• Bronze Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 01 July 2015 - 07:49 AM

I don't know if you want surnames or not so I'll put some in parentheses for you.

A.) Sebastian Levi Calder or Sebastian Calder Llewellyn

(Calder could also make a great last name so an alternative middle could be Levi and an alternate surname could be Llewellyn)

For me, Sebastian and Levi are names that speak of an older gentleman's adventurous nature, intellect and charm. Calder and Llewellyn are both names that I would associate with a PhD  and intellect as well as strength and integrity. 

B.)  Christopher Dean (Michaelis, Pron. Meh-Cal-liss)

Christopher is a name that to me brings to mind someone who love to try new things and be the "daredevil" but also plans out his moves, knows his limits and takes them into account. Dean brings to mind the stubborn, persistent man who would be just as at home rough housing with his young children or giving advice to his grown ones as he is in the air or on the range. Michaelis brings to mind the characteristics of skill, deep thinking and being focused. 

C.) Gabriel James (Lehnsherr)

Gabriel brings to mind the funny and humorous nature as well as capable of lighting up the charm and being a great teacher. James brings to mind the humbleness, the politeness and the soccer player/sports vibe. Lehnsherr is a European name, and bring an aspect of heritage as his possible love of traveling Europe. 

D.) Nicolas "Nico" Damon (Murdock)

Nicolas brings to mind the mettlesome, independent and nonchalant characteristics as well as the volunteering aspect. Damon and Murdock bring to mind the recklessness, the daring and the loner. 

• Addison likes this

#3 Addison

Addison

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 7,122 posts

Posted 01 July 2015 - 10:27 AM

Thank you! I really really like Levi and Calder for A and Nico for D! Also like Murdock as a surname, but I'm thinking for A.

#4 Aquarius101

Aquarius101

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,193 posts

Posted 06 July 2015 - 11:10 PM

I will post a couple of names for each one and possibly a combination or two. 

A. Winston: Just seems like a name for a wise, storyteller

Augustus 'Gus' : adventourous person, and definetely see it in a man at this age

Geoffrey 'Geoff' Andrews : It was the first combination that came to mind when looking at these guys and taking into account their personalities. 

B.  Declan 'Dex' Joseph : I love this combination and the nickname seems to fit this character perfectly

Jericho Miles: The first name is for someone adventourous because it is uncommon name, plus it seems like a name that fits a valiant figure very well.

C. Michael/Robin/Ezra Thomas/ Charles 'Charlie' : They seem like a name that fits someone friendly,humble, and approachable like this likable teacher. 

D. Jackson/Colton / Rodrick : immediately the reckless name that comes to mind. Daredevil yet has a hint of kindness which is where the volunteering comes into play. 

• Addison likes this

#5 Addison

Addison

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 7,122 posts

Posted 07 July 2015 - 04:47 PM

I really love Winston for A  :wub:  Winston "Win" Calder would be nice!

I like all of the others, too. Thinking of using Declan and Jackson. 

Thank you for the suggestions!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users