6 replies to this topic

#1 TessB

TessB

Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 03 November 2009 - 03:26 PM

Lol, I'm having an obsession with names with accents in them, and I was wondering how many you knew? I like these so far:
Élizabeth
Émelie
Adélaïde
Amélie
Anaïs
Célina
Élise
Élodie
Renée
Valérie
Zoë
Acélie
this is what I have so far... I'd so love more! Thanks!!

#2 ~Nadezhda

~Nadezhda

Epic Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,588 posts

Posted 03 November 2009 - 05:29 PM

I love names with accents, aestetically speaking; they look more appealing and elegant to me.
But I often wonder, do you pronounce them any differently? I'd love to now, as I was considering Catèrine instead of plain Catherine.

#3 -SassyCassie-

-SassyCassie-

Superstar Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 633 posts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 05:34 PM

oh i like these ones that you listed:)

Renée
Valérie
Célina

they are very cute names especially Renee *can't do the little symbol sorrys* lolz :D

#4 TessB

TessB

Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 02:38 PM

Lol, alter (Alt) on your keyboard plus a combonation of numbers on the left part of the keyboard make accents and whatever, and there are sights that show you which number combonation is what lol. And thanks :P I love those three!

But I think you'd have to look that up, because I'm not sure, Nadia! Catèrine does look really pretty though! (may I add it to my list?) ;)

Accents do seem to make names look less plain, and I think they're more unique! (but not too unique lol). I tried googling names with accents and whatever, but it didn't help :D

#5 TessB

TessB

Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 02:52 PM

I did also find:
Haéla
Honorée
Laïla
Lauréa
Léanne
Joëlle
Ophélia
Rébecca
Zaïde (this one made me think of Zayda lol)

If anyone finds any names with accents, feel free to post! I'd love to find more :D

#6 Tyler

Tyler

Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 05:56 PM

I love names with accents, as long as it has something to do with the way the name is pronounced. I think accents add a really classy, elegant look to a written name. :D

Like, to me Valérie would have to be val-ER-ie, not VAL-er-ie like it normally is...which seems weird. But if you don't intend to put the accent on the syllable, why would the accent be in the name? Maybe I just don't really get it...I've only ever studied Spanish, and every accent in that language means something. A bunch of these names look like they've got French origins, and I don't know anyyyyything about the French language.

My favorite on your list is Zoë. So cute, and the accent is there for a definite purpose...I hate this name spelled just Zoe, or worse, Zooey, Zoiee, etc., but Zoë is perfect!!

#7 TessB

TessB

Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 03:54 PM

Thanks Tyler :D I like Zoë like this a lot to! No, I plan on saying the accents there, not just there to make a name look pretty lol :P Though accents most definately make a name look more beautified!

-Tess

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users