Photo

2 middle names, 1 middle name, double first name??

names middle double-first

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 mom2maci0113

mom2maci0113

Notable Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 160 posts
  • Interests:Being a good mom & wife
    Making baby name list
    Being an Admin on Naming Baby (Facebook page)

Posted 20 September 2013 - 05:49 AM

Hi there.

My husband have been talking about when we might want to add a second baby to our family. We're considering trying next sometime after our daughter turns 1. She'll be 1 in January but I don't want to start trying until she is at least 1 1/2 so she'll be over 2 by the time the new baby may be born. Anyways my daughter has 2 middle names. We never planned on having anymore kids but have been considering it recently. Well now I don't know if we should give our new potential baby 2 middle names as well or just 1 or maybe a double barrel first name? What's your opinion? Whether or new we go with 1 or two middle names they will be family names. And if we go with a double barrel first name the second part of the double will be family.

#2 Katie-Nana

Katie-Nana

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,652 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 06:39 AM

My boyfriend and I are expecting a boy. We plan to give him two middle names, he will have my boyfriends full name as his middle. If we have another boy, our second choice for a boys name contains my grandfather's full name as two middle names. Other than that, I'm not sure if I will continue with two middle names. The girls name we have picked out only has one middle.

I don't think because you started with two middle names, you have to continue and make it a trend. If you have a combo you like with two middle names and it seems perfect then by all means go for it. But I wouldn't strain to find a second middle if only one feels right. Just find something you love.
  • Fez and CLA like this

#3 Fez

Fez

Epic Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,357 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 02:35 PM

I agree with Katie.
Choose a name you absolutely love, regardless of how many middle names there are in it :)

#4 ashooles

ashooles

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,952 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 04:50 PM

I third it. I'm the type of person who doesn't care much for themes when naming. Just go with what you'd like and don't worry about tradition or themes :) You'll be much happier choosing a name you love!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: names, middle, double-first

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users