• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 nikki19

nikki19

Aspiring Baby Namer

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 10:53 PM

This time around we decided it would be fun to not find out the gender (as we did with our two sons, Jaycob & Ayden).  

If it's a boy we are definitely using "Edward" as the middle name after my dad.  

Here's what we are thinking so far:

BOY:  Johnny Edward or Mayson Edward

GIRL:  Madilyn Shea or Aubrey Lynn  

Any ideas, suggestions or thoughts of which you like better?  We are open to other names as well.  

Thanks for all your help! :)

#2 Laugh-Dream-Love

Laugh-Dream-Love

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,799 posts
  • Interests:Watching movies and snuggling with my boyfriend; Writing; Reading; Listening to music; Drawing; Singing

Posted 21 January 2014 - 08:44 AM

Congratulations on your third baby! If it were me I'd use another boy name that had an 'ay' in it or at least the same sound, and I think that Mayson Edward flows well and sounds lovely. From your girls combos I think that Aubrey goes best with your sons names, but Madilyn is my favourite of the two. Hmm, other suggestions...

Boys: Jayson, Brady, Grady, Taylor, Baylor, Sailor, Raymond. (I like Taylor the best from these, it has the same sound as Jaycob and Ayden, but it feels a lot different, and Taylor Edward is very handsome)

Girls: Isla, Pippa, Rylee, Blair, Brooke, Josie, Wylie, Laura. (I think Pippa sounds lovely with your sons names, although Pippa Shea and Pippa Lynn don't flow well. What are your thoughts on Pippa Madilyn?)

In short, my favourite names to go with your sons would be Taylor Edward and Pippa Madilyn, but from your suggestions I like Mayson Edward and Madilyn Shea.

Good luck choosing!

#3 cati1012

cati1012

Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 09:03 AM

It looks like your trying to keep the y theme going like you did with your first sons? Mayson to me screams girl. This is a unisex name and when you use the y in it I just think girl.

I also like Taylor Edward, it keeps the y in the spelling and isn't too close to other boy names you have.

Have you considered using Mayson in your girl list? Mayson Shae sounds nice together. I like Madilyn Shae as well. You could even use Makynna Shae or Makynna Saige? (I love the name Makenna and just tried to use your y) :)

#4 ElizabethRuth

ElizabethRuth

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,396 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 11:07 AM

I love Johnny Edward! Too cute. Sounded familiar to me so I googled it and a musician with that name came up but if that's not a problem I really like it. I would do John nn Jonny personally but either way it's nice.

For the girls I like Aubrey Lynn, Madilyn (Madelyn-like it this way better) is good too. 

#5 EmilyA

EmilyA

Power Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 870 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 01:39 PM

I like the suggestions of Taylor Edward. I was thinking Raylen Shea for a girl! 

#6 ashooles

ashooles

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,952 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 04:24 PM

I love Mayson Edward. I do prefer Mason, but you're trying to keep the y so I get it. It flows nicely.

Madilyn Shea for a girl is nice :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users