5 replies to this topic

#1 Jenna_Lee

Jenna_Lee

Legendary Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,957 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 09:17 PM

I was just wondering if you lovelies could give me some input on a few O names I've been considering for girls lately.

Odessa - I love Odessa June, and her nickname would be Essa, Dessa, Dessie, or Essie.

Odetta - Same as above, I love June as a middle for Odetta. Nickname would be Etta or maybe Ettie.

Odette - This one throws me for a loop just because it's so hard to pair a middle with, so if you have any suggestions that would be great. Nickname would be Etta or Ettie.

Ophelia - Again, for some reason I love June with my O names ending in A for girls, though I do like June a bit better with Odessa and Odetta than Ophelia. So I'd like a few middle suggestions for this one too, and though I'd like to keep it short/classic like June, feel free to suggest whatever, I might surprise myself. Oh, and the nickname for this one would be Phelie (pronounced feel-ee), which I adore as a cute around-the-house name for Ophelia.

Thanks!

Jenna

#2 Barbie

Barbie

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,617 posts
  • Interests:Writing, reading, sign language, riding horses, volunteering, working with children, and teaching martial arts!

Posted 24 August 2014 - 02:46 PM

I know a family with 9 or 10 kids and they did an O name theme for all of them. I think two of the girls are Odessa and Ophelia.

All of the names are pretty, and the mn June is alwayscute :)
Odette is really pretty...

Odette Rosalie
Odette Willow
Odette Elizabeth
Odette Alexandra
Odette Jessa (j theme mns)
Odette Fantasia
Odette Elsa
Odette Whitney
Odette Laurel
Odette Makenna
Odette Josephine
Odette Alyssa
Odette Eva

Hope I helped!

#3 thenamer007

thenamer007

Superstar Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 682 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, writing, naming

Posted 24 August 2014 - 03:04 PM

I like Ophelia. I'm not really sure why but, I think it's a cute name. And the nickname Phelie is adorable <3

#4 Jenna_Lee

Jenna_Lee

Legendary Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 2,957 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 04:35 PM

Thanks for the input, you two!

Barbie, I really like a lot of your suggestions, though I'm not sure if I've found one that I really love yet. I like Odette Elizabeth, Odette Laurel (though I'm wondering if it's awkward to pronounce since both are kind of off-beat names?), Odette Willow, Odette Alexandra, and Odette Josephine. I'm also debating Josephine as a first because I like the nickname Jo.

#5 xxThePumpkinQueenxx

xxThePumpkinQueenxx

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,712 posts
  • Interests:singing, writing, reading, psychology, science, math, forensics, children, going to church, being with my family and SEC football. War Eagle!

Posted 26 August 2014 - 03:18 PM

Odessa is cute and Odessa June is just adorable :wuv:  I can come back with some suggestions for Odette & Ophelia.later after I get the kids to bed :)

#6 Jenna_Lee

Jenna_Lee

Legendary Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 2,957 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 09:14 PM

Thanks! Yeah, Odessa June is quite sweet and it's definitely one of my favorites right now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users