2 replies to this topic

#1 Mika Casey

Mika Casey

Epic Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 28 August 2011 - 04:43 PM

I know I'm a regular, but I have longer lists and wanted to share! Thank you! (:

BOYS

Carl Pacey Carl is a family name, Pacey is after Joshua Jackson's character on Dawson's Creek. I have always loved the name Pacey, and I think it balances the "outdated-ness" of Carl. Carl is old Norse for "free man."

Robert Ray "Rob" Robert is my man's father, Ray is my dad's name. My father's full name is Raymond, but he preferred being called Ray. Also, my sister's middle name is Rae, so it's also partially after her. Robert is an Old Germanic name that means "bright fame."

Jack Spenser "Jackie" My best friend's name is Jacqueline, and everyone calls her Jackie. I personally call her Jack. Spenser (spelled with an S instead of a C) is after Sir Edmund Spenser the poet. I think Jack Spenser sounds good together (possibly because of the well known name of Jack Sparrow?). Jack means "God is gracious."

Henry Jonathan I love the name Henry; I think it is classic and regal. Jonathan is my man's first name. I'd probably call him Henry J. as a tribute to Phillip J. Fry from Futurama. Henry is a German name that means "ruler of the household."

Emmett Wolf Emmett is a very handsome name. Wolf is because Jon was almost named Phaelen Udolph (I'm unsure of the spelling), which mean "wolf" and "wolf-like" respectively. Emmett is a German name that means "industrious, strong."

Noah Keats Noah is a handsome name, and is unique on my list because of its current popularity. Nevertheless, I love the name. Keats is after the Romantic poet John Keats, who is a personal favorite of mine. Noah is a Hebrew name which means "peaceful, restful."

Eric Micah Eric is after one of my man's best friends. Micah is a masculine version of my middle name: Mika, pronounced the same way. Eric is an English name that means "brave ruler."

Jasper Finn Jasper is a handsome name, and I think Finn goes well with it. I have also loved the name Phineas, but I feel that Finn is a little more suitable as a middle name. Jasper is a Persian name that means "treasurer."

James Auden "Jamie" I love the name Jamie on a boy, but I feel that a truly masculine name would be needed for the nickname Jamie. An alternate full name was Jamison, but I didn't think that went well with my other names. Auden is after W.H. Auden the poet. James is a Hebrew name that means "supplanter."

Graham Sutton Graham was the first name of my best friend in grade school. Sutton is the surname of my beloved poetry teacher. Graham is an English name that means "grand home."

Matthew Declan Matthew is the name of one of my man's friends. I love the modern name Declan and think it balances Matthew. Matthew is a Hebrew name that means "gift of God."

Jude Tennyson Jude is a shortened, masculine version of Judith, my poetry mentor and role model. Tennyson is after the poet Alfred, Lord Tennyson.

GIRLS

Rosemary Lyn Rosemary is a family name. Lyn is the middle name of my beloved poetry teacher. Rosemary is a culinary herb, and a combination of the names Rose and Mary.

Lena Terri Lena is a family name, and I think it is beautiful as a first name. Terri is my mother's name. Lena is a Latin name that means "temptress."

Molly Rebecca Molly was the name of my American girl doll when I was a child, and it is also after Flogging Molly, a band my man and I both listen to. Rebecca is my man's mother's name. Molly is an Irish name.

Fiona Bridgette I think the name Fiona is beautiful, I met a young girl named Fiona and fell in love with the name. Bridgette is my man's sister's name. Fiona is an Irish name that means "fair, white."

Violet Regan I have always loved the name Violet, and violet is my favorite color. Regan is after the character from Shakespeare's play, King Lear.

Esme Juliet I think Esme is a beautiful, underused name. Juliet is after the character from Shakespeare's play Romeo and Juliet. Esme is a French name.

Matilda Jasmine "Tilly" I think the name Matilda is adorable. Jasmine is after the Disney Princess, who's my favorite of the princesses. I'd probably call her Matilda J., also after Phillip J. Fry from Futurama.

Aubrey Luna Aubrey is beautiful, partially derived from Autumn (a name I used to fancy), and after Aubrey Huff, a current Giants baseball player. Luna is my older sister's middle name, and I have always loved the moon. I love both the German and French meanings of Aubrey: "noble, bearlike" and "elf ruler," respectively.

Zoey Leora Zoey is a beautiful name that I think pairs very nicely with Leora. It is a Greek form of Zoe, and Leora means "my light."

Daisy Tamsin Daisy is after the character from The Great Gatsby. Tamsin is a lovely Hebrew name that means "twin."

Stella Persephone Stella is a gorgeous name, and Persephone goes beautifully with it. In Latin, Stella means "star."

Evangeline Sonnet "Eve" Evangeline is after a dear friend of mine (named Angeline), and Sonnet is a reference to my immense love for poetry. Evangeline is a Greek name that means "bearer of good news."

#2 ashleylyn

ashleylyn

Distinguished Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 12:59 PM

I know I'm a regular, but I have longer lists and wanted to share! Thank you! (:

BOYS

Carl Pacey Carl is a family name, Pacey is after Joshua Jackson's character on Dawson's Creek. I have always loved the name Pacey, and I think it balances the "outdated-ness" of Carl. Carl is old Norse for "free man."

Robert Ray "Rob" Robert is my man's father, Ray is my dad's name. My father's full name is Raymond, but he preferred being called Ray. Also, my sister's middle name is Rae, so it's also partially after her. Robert is an Old Germanic name that means "bright fame."

Jack Spenser "Jackie" My best friend's name is Jacqueline, and everyone calls her Jackie. I personally call her Jack. Spenser (spelled with an S instead of a C) is after Sir Edmund Spenser the poet. I think Jack Spenser sounds good together (possibly because of the well known name of Jack Sparrow?). Jack means "God is gracious."

Henry Jonathan I love the name Henry; I think it is classic and regal. Jonathan is my man's first name. I'd probably call him Henry J. as a tribute to Phillip J. Fry from Futurama. Henry is a German name that means "ruler of the household."

Emmett Wolf Emmett is a very handsome name. Wolf is because Jon was almost named Phaelen Udolph (I'm unsure of the spelling), which mean "wolf" and "wolf-like" respectively. Emmett is a German name that means "industrious, strong."

Noah Keats Noah is a handsome name, and is unique on my list because of its current popularity. Nevertheless, I love the name. Keats is after the Romantic poet John Keats, who is a personal favorite of mine. Noah is a Hebrew name which means "peaceful, restful."

Eric Micah Eric is after one of my man's best friends. Micah is a masculine version of my middle name: Mika, pronounced the same way. Eric is an English name that means "brave ruler."

Jasper Finn Jasper is a handsome name, and I think Finn goes well with it. I have also loved the name Phineas, but I feel that Finn is a little more suitable as a middle name. Jasper is a Persian name that means "treasurer."

James Auden "Jamie" I love the name Jamie on a boy, but I feel that a truly masculine name would be needed for the nickname Jamie. An alternate full name was Jamison, but I didn't think that went well with my other names. Auden is after W.H. Auden the poet. James is a Hebrew name that means "supplanter."

Graham Sutton Graham was the first name of my best friend in grade school. Sutton is the surname of my beloved poetry teacher. Graham is an English name that means "grand home."

Matthew Declan Matthew is the name of one of my man's friends. I love the modern name Declan and think it balances Matthew. Matthew is a Hebrew name that means "gift of God."

Jude Tennyson Jude is a shortened, masculine version of Judith, my poetry mentor and role model. Tennyson is after the poet Alfred, Lord Tennyson.

GIRLS

Rosemary Lyn Rosemary is a family name. Lyn is the middle name of my beloved poetry teacher. Rosemary is a culinary herb, and a combination of the names Rose and Mary.

Lena Terri Lena is a family name, and I think it is beautiful as a first name. Terri is my mother's name. Lena is a Latin name that means "temptress."

Molly Rebecca Molly was the name of my American girl doll when I was a child, and it is also after Flogging Molly, a band my man and I both listen to. Rebecca is my man's mother's name. Molly is an Irish name.

Fiona Bridgette I think the name Fiona is beautiful, I met a young girl named Fiona and fell in love with the name. Bridgette is my man's sister's name. Fiona is an Irish name that means "fair, white."

Violet Regan I have always loved the name Violet, and violet is my favorite color. Regan is after the character from Shakespeare's play, King Lear.

Esme Juliet I think Esme is a beautiful, underused name. Juliet is after the character from Shakespeare's play Romeo and Juliet. Esme is a French name.

Matilda Jasmine "Tilly" I think the name Matilda is adorable. Jasmine is after the Disney Princess, who's my favorite of the princesses. I'd probably call her Matilda J., also after Phillip J. Fry from Futurama.

Aubrey Luna Aubrey is beautiful, partially derived from Autumn (a name I used to fancy), and after Aubrey Huff, a current Giants baseball player. Luna is my older sister's middle name, and I have always loved the moon. I love both the German and French meanings of Aubrey: "noble, bearlike" and "elf ruler," respectively.

Zoey Leora Zoey is a beautiful name that I think pairs very nicely with Leora. It is a Greek form of Zoe, and Leora means "my light."

Daisy Tamsin Daisy is after the character from The Great Gatsby. Tamsin is a lovely Hebrew name that means "twin."

Stella Persephone Stella is a gorgeous name, and Persephone goes beautifully with it. In Latin, Stella means "star."

Evangeline Sonnet "Eve" Evangeline is after a dear friend of mine (named Angeline), and Sonnet is a reference to my immense love for poetry. Evangeline is a Greek name that means "bearer of good news."

Very beautiful names!!

#3 Meghan<3

Meghan<3

Legendary Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,823 posts
  • Interests:Baby names, writing, reading, animals

Posted 05 September 2011 - 11:08 PM

Boys: I like Henry Jonathan best.
Girls: I like Molly Rebecca and Fiona Bridgette.

Creative names! :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users