• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 BellaBoo

BellaBoo

Notable Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 145 posts
  • Interests:The Boston Bruins. Harry Potter. My best friends. Country Music. London. Baby Names :)

Posted 07 January 2009 - 06:47 PM

Hey everyone! I need help narrowing down names for five of the females in the book I'm working on. The story is about five families in a small town and revolves mainly around the football season. I have some name ideas for the characters.

1. Mrs. Bennet. High school teacher, wife of Don and mother to Kristi Ann. She's kind, but still strict with her students, who call her Mrs. B. Short, slightly chubby, with short blonde hair. Her daughter is gorgeous and a party animal, despite Mrs. Bennet trying in vain to get her to settle down a bit. She has a big smile and mothers all her daughter's friends.
Names: Karen, Susan, Angela, Nancy, Sharon, Carol, Cheryl, Dianne, Kathy

2. Mrs. Prior aka Mrs. Coach. Home-maker wife of Coach Mickey and mother to Jason nn Jay, Benjamin nn Benny and a daughter. Former homecoming queen and head cheerleader. Very pretty, curly brown hair. She's very nice and seen a lot in town since she is the coach's wife.
Names: Melanie, Sandy, Shelly, Leanne, Lori, Renee, Ginny, Deena

3. Daughter of Coach and Mrs. Prior. shy, studious, good girl, "Ice Queen". She's very close to her older brother Jay and all his football buddies. She is like the team's little sister (hence why everyone thinks she's an ice queen who never dates... they won't let anyone near her). She is a serious dancer, but not a cheerleader like her mother. Short, pretty curvy, with long brown hair. **(She's one of the main characters)
Names: Lena, Shannon, Alaina, Kathryn, Caitlin, Carly, Annabelle, Hannah, Caroline, Audrey, Gennie, Megan.

4. The new Mrs. Baldwin. A former Miss Tennessee, she is very pretty and sexy (and young) with red hair and is very tall. She moved into town when she married the rich widower Billy Baldwin. She is now step mother to Scottie and a girl (plus the future mother of Buddy). She is thought to be a gold digger. Doesn't get along well with her step kids but she's really not a bad person.
Names: Jessi, Ashlee, Ashlyn, Niki, Kimberlee, Kellie, Linette/Lynette.

5. Daughter of Billy Baldwin and Joanne (deceased). She's in college and was a cheerleader in high school. She became withdrawn after both her mother and high school sweetheart died. Was close to her mom and is protective of her little brother. Does not get along well with her father or step mother. Pretty with dirty blonde hair and dimples.
Names: Olivia, Lizzie, Molly, Katie, Grace/Gracie, Sadie, Emily, Abigail/Abby

Thanks so much to people who suggested names last time! Sorry the post is so long, I just want to find the perfect names for the different characters!

#2 HarmonyP

HarmonyP

Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 128 posts
  • Interests:Well, obviously, I love names! They're so fun to look for and to search for the right name for the right character. I love writing, which is why I'm in constant search for a good name. I want to be an author one day, so my fingers are crossed. I also enjoy dance and hanging out with my friends.

Posted 07 January 2009 - 08:30 PM

1. Mrs. Bennett: Angela or Cheryl
2. Mrs. Prior: Sandy or Renee
3. Daughter of Mrs. Prior and Coach: Caroline or Audrey
4. The New Mrs. Baldwin: Niki or Kellie
5. Daughter of Billy Baldwin and Joanne: Olivia or Abigail/Abby

Hope these help.
Good luck!
Your book sounds really interesting :D

#3 Sprinkles

Sprinkles

Star Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 08:51 PM

1. Cheryl
2. Ginny
3. Lena or Alaina
4. Kimberlee
5. Sadie

Good luck!

#4 BellaBoo

BellaBoo

Notable Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 145 posts
  • Interests:The Boston Bruins. Harry Potter. My best friends. Country Music. London. Baby Names :)

Posted 30 January 2009 - 02:59 PM

Alright I've decided on all the names but one. I've decided on Karen Bennet, Renee Prior, Jessi Lyn Baldwin and Sadie Baldwin. Now I just need a name for the coach's daughter.

I want something very girly and bubbly, something that sounds like a cheerleader (her mother assumed her little girl would follow in her footsteps). She's the only daughter of Mickey and Renee Prior, and her brothers are Jason nn Jay and Benjamin nn Benny, so I would like her to have a nickname. So far I've come up with:
Lena nn Lee
Carly nn Car/Lee
Ashley nn Ash/Lee
Grace nn Gracie
Shannon nn Shan

But I would really, really, really appreciate any help I could get!! Suggestions are very, very welcome!

#5 HarmonyP

HarmonyP

Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 128 posts
  • Interests:Well, obviously, I love names! They're so fun to look for and to search for the right name for the right character. I love writing, which is why I'm in constant search for a good name. I want to be an author one day, so my fingers are crossed. I also enjoy dance and hanging out with my friends.

Posted 30 January 2009 - 05:16 PM

Hallie nn Hal
Bethany nn Bethy or Beth
Megan nn Meggie or Meg
Georgia nn GiGi
Camilla nn Cammie
Francesca nn Franny or Fran
Vantessa nn Tess
Danielle nn Ellie
Valerie nn Val or Rie
Ambre (Amber) nn Bree
Melanie nn Mel or Melly

I'm actually a cheerleader for my school, and some of these are names of girls on my squad :)

Hope these help and good luck!

#6 Guest_toribethh_*

Guest_toribethh_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 February 2009 - 01:27 PM

1) Karen
2) Shelly
3) Annabelle, The guys on the team could call her Annie but no one else is allowed to further enforcing the ice queen image
4) Niki
5) Grace

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users