#1 Bewitching

Bewitching

Notable Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 144 posts
  • Interests:Writing, Reading, names & my little nieces

Posted 26 April 2014 - 06:48 AM

Hello there, yes... I know (Lion the Lion), but Leo Elliot is a character in my new short story, together with brother Eli Cecil. I just have a minor problem ... The live in what used to be England, but is no longer and I don't know what to call the country. Can you help? Thanks! I have a few things that might help you?

Time period: around the end of the 22nd century and start of the 23rd century.

What happened: In 21st century everything got crazy, there was laws for everything. There was no end to it. around 2740 there was war break-out which resulted in the 5th world war. There was no more EnglandFranceSweden & so on. The story is based in the formerEngland.

What's society like now:Earth is populated, people are everywhere. There is hardly any real houses left and people are living in tall buildings cramped together. Nature is running out, people are kidnapped from the streets if they look poor. People of the poor places believes that the world is coming to an end. Politicians are the most trusted people. 

And then just to be nice here is the immediate family. 

Immediate familyElijah Musgrove (Father), Myra Musgrove (mother), Eli Cecil Musgrove (brother) & Mary Effie Musgrove (sleeping sister †)

Thanks!

#2 Katie-Nana

Katie-Nana

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,652 posts

Posted 01 May 2014 - 07:55 AM

So you need a name for the area formerly known as England.   You could go geographically:  Western Isles.  Or something referring to the previous nation:  Britannia.  Was there a concurring nation?  Or a particular nation that came out on top?  Say if it were a Germanic or Latin speaking nation you could come up with something that would fit in with that language.  

Island in Italian: Isola 

Island in German: Insel

Island in French: Ile 

Island in Russian: островов

#3 Bewitching

Bewitching

Notable Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 144 posts
  • Interests:Writing, Reading, names & my little nieces

Posted 04 May 2014 - 11:42 PM

Sadly I can't use Britannia as my character Britney would have to change name and I'd rather not see that. 

Also, they will still speak English, but their second language will be Chinese and third probably German, depending. Not every will have the luxury of speaking more than one language, as it is rather dystopian.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users