8 replies to this topic

#1 Jay.

Jay.

Superstar Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 697 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 10:37 PM

I will admit, when I first saw emeraldmomma's post about the name Katniss, I promised myself two things, I could never love that name and I wouldn't cave to read the Hunger Games like everyone else since I never get into books that become crazy popular (Twilight, Harry Potter...). But I caved, I've read The Hunger Games and Catching Fire in about three days and I'm getting Mockingjay tomorrow..

But, to the point.... I've fallen in love with most of the names and I want to add a bunch to my list. I would love suggestions for middle names!!!

Girls:

Katniss
Rue
Johanna
(like Joe-han-uh)
Hazelle
Octavia

Boys:

Peeta (could I really use this as a name? I have the name Peter on my list... but Peeta just seems so... i don't know... Hunger Gameish XD)
Gale
Rory
Darius
Cinna
(more of a guilty pleasure.. middle name maybe?)
Caeser

Thank you for all the help you can give me!

#2 PaperHeart

PaperHeart

Genie-ous Baby Namer and Moderator

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,161 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 12:22 AM

Katniss was never my style. It's a real name, Dutch, if I recall correctly. I much prefer Kate/Katherine.
Rue and Octavia are both on my guilty pleasures list! -_- I love them, but can't imagine being brave enough to use either!

Johanna is a relatively nice name, I do prefer Joanna/Joanne, but as a middle name. It's just doesn't have that "spark" for me.

As for Hazelle? I like Hazel; it just looks cleaner to me. I have it on my list.
Hazelle is okay though, I think it's a matter of preference.

For your boys, I love Gale and Rory.
I think I'd most likely use Gail on a girl though. Gale might have to be on my GP list instead.

The other's are not for me... they're great as GP's though, I just can't imagine them on a real child.

I also really liked Primrose and Cecilia.. And Posey and Cato {As GP's!}.

#3 Jay.

Jay.

Superstar Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • 697 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 02:00 PM

Katniss was never my style. It's a real name, Dutch, if I recall correctly. I much prefer Kate/Katherine.
Rue and Octavia are both on my guilty pleasures list! -_- I love them, but can't imagine being brave enough to use either!

Johanna is a relatively nice name, I do prefer Joanna/Joanne, but as a middle name. It's just doesn't have that "spark" for me.

As for Hazelle? I like Hazel; it just looks cleaner to me. I have it on my list.
Hazelle is okay though, I think it's a matter of preference.

For your boys, I love Gale and Rory.
I think I'd most likely use Gail on a girl though. Gale might have to be on my GP list instead.

The other's are not for me... they're great as GP's though, I just can't imagine them on a real child.

I also really liked Primrose and Cecilia.. And Posey and Cato {As GP's!}.

Thank you! I love Cato actually <3 and Posy would be alright as a nickname I think...

I kinda liked the spelling Hazelle a little more since I have a tendency to add an extra LE to the ends of things XD. I've always thought of Gail for a girl, but Gale in the book made me change my mind XD

#4 Lazuli

Lazuli

Epic Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,157 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 04:50 PM

-_- You do really get sucked into those books! Katniss is such a GP of mine! I've been SO tempted in using it! Lol.

#5 Jay.

Jay.

Superstar Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • 697 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 10:14 PM

-_- You do really get sucked into those books! Katniss is such a GP of mine! I've been SO tempted in using it! Lol.

I know! I wasn't as sucked into Mockingjay at first, but now I am. I'm soooo tempted to add Katniss Rue or something to my list

#6 Permanent Rose

Permanent Rose

Legendary Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,517 posts
  • Interests:art, reading, writing, dogs and cats

Posted 11 May 2012 - 10:23 PM

Rue could make a cute middle name. I also like Octavia, though more as a guilty pleasure. On the topic of the Hunger Games, I also like Prim (more so as a nickname for Primrose).

I really don't like how Katniss sounds, and I think it would cause a lot of teasing with the "Catnip" nickname option. Just a thought

#7 Jay.

Jay.

Superstar Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • 697 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 10:25 PM

I usually wouldn't like Katniss or Peeta or Gale but I feel head over heels in love XD

#8 Permanent Rose

Permanent Rose

Legendary Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,517 posts
  • Interests:art, reading, writing, dogs and cats

Posted 11 May 2012 - 10:30 PM

I usually wouldn't like Katniss or Peeta or Gale but I feel head over heels in love XD

See I'm the opposite--mind you, I've only read the first one and half of the second one, but Katniss annoys me to no end. Therefore, I really can't stand the name, period lol.

Gale is a little too feminine for my taste, and Peeta is much too "out there" for me and will forever associated with these books.

#9 Jay.

Jay.

Superstar Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • 697 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 01:17 PM

I probably wouldn't use Peeta, though I'll probably stick it on my name list XD

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users