#1 Permanent Rose

Permanent Rose

Legendary Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,517 posts
  • Interests:art, reading, writing, dogs and cats

Posted 12 August 2012 - 06:52 PM

So it's been a while since I've gotten feedback on my list as a whole and I've swapped out and added quite a few names. I'll make a little game out of this:

For both my lists, you can:
A. List them from favorite to least favorite
B. Tell me what you like most about the one you ranked highest and tell me what you don't like about the one you ranked lowest.

Thanks!

Girls:
Saida Rose
Wren Eloise
Isla Vivienne
Sasha Nadine
Mara Ivy
Nadia Florence
Monica Siobhan
Ivy Katherine
Lydia {Lydie} Jane
Molly Evelyn
Penelope {Penny} Claire
Audrey Saoirse
Kate Eloise
Lily Niamh

Boys:
Simon Joshua
Finley James
Conley Rowan
Owen Seamus
Cian Spencer
Theo Declan
Emery Jude
Spencer Julian
Declan Robert
Leo Nathaniel
Dominic Leo

#2 The Future Mrs B

The Future Mrs B

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,094 posts
  • Interests:Music, names and my friends.

Posted 12 August 2012 - 07:30 PM

I like Monica Siobhan and Simon Joshua best. Monica sounds cute and yet can fit an adult well. I like the sound of Siobhan and in the middle you won't have to correct spelling/pronunciation issues as much because it's not used often. Simon is great and it has the nickname possibility of Si/Sy when he's small. Joshua is a classic you can't go wrong with.
My least favorite is Finley James for the boys. There's nothing wrong with it, Finley just doesn't appeal to me like the others. For the girls my least favorite is Lydia Jane. Again it just doesn't appeal to me. Lydia reminds me of my older neighbor who is nice enough but is kind of the crazy cat lady. Personal association aside, it's nice but I like the others better.

#3 Remy Hadley

Remy Hadley

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,884 posts
  • Interests:♥ baby names ♥ pasta ♥ sherlock holmes ♥ knitting / crocheting ♥ hiking ♥ dogs ♥ sea creatures ♥ birds ♥ nature documentaries ♥ peaceful parenting ♥ cooking ♥

Posted 12 August 2012 - 08:55 PM

My favorites in order......

Audrey Saoirse
Penelope Claire [Penny]
Lily Niamh
Kate Eloise
Ivy Katherine
Wren Eloise
Isla Vivienne
Monica Siobhan
Lydia Jane [Lydie]
Molly Evelyn
Nadia Florence
Mara Ivy
Sasha Nadine
Saida Rose

Theo Declan
Emery Jude
Declan Robert
Leo Nathaniel
Finley James
Cian Spencer
Spencer Julian
Simon Joshua
Conley Rowan
Owen Seamus
Dominic Leo

I am pretty much a big fan of most of your names!! I adore Audrey Saoirse on your list, it is just so darn gorgeous!!! Audrey is just so classic, familiar but not boring. Sass to it<3 And Saoirse is sooooo beautiful- but too confusing looking to be a first name. The names flow beautifully together, and I just adore the entire combo! I love Penelope Claire, it is long and elegant and flows off the tongue nicely. I adore Penny as well <3 Lily Niamh- so gorgeous! I adore the Irish names!! I wish I had Irish blood in me to make more of an excuse towards using them... my BF is part Irish, but still.. <3 Wren Eloise sounds beauuuutiful, love how they sound together. And Isla Vivienne just fits each other so perfectly! Suit each other <3 Love Monica Siobhan, love it! Molly and Evelyn are both gorgeous names, and it'd be higher up there if the flow wasn't a tad off. I just don't care for the moll-eeee eeee-velyn. I think Molly Florence would be absolutely beautiful, you could swap the combo's entirely and Nadia Evelyn would still sound pretty nice. Saida Rose is only on the bottom because I always forget how to say Saida on first site, but its still nice.

Theo Declan is absolutely handsome!! I really love Theo, and I adore Declan!! I love them together<333 Emery Jude is so handsome, love those together!! Declan Robert is so handsome!! Love Leo Nathaniel, Finley James real handsome. Honestly, I love most all your boys names!!! I only particularly dislike Dominic, but its just a personal thing. For whatever reason it rubs me the wrong way. But the combo is fine, nothing particularly wrong with the name.

I hope this helps, Rose!! I love your list<33

#4 ßlush

ßlush

Distinguished Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 239 posts
  • Interests:Paying off student loans & over-priced coffee.

Posted 12 August 2012 - 09:30 PM

Isla Vivienne
Nadia Florence
Ivy Katherine
Penelope {Penny} Claire
Lydia {Lydie} Jane
Lily Niamh
Mara Ivy
Kate Eloise
Sasha Nadine
Audrey Saoirse
Wren Eloise
Molly Evelyn
Monica Siobhan
Saida Rose

Emery Jude
Conley Rowan
Declan Robert
Theo Declan
Spencer Julian
Finley James
Leo Nathaniel
Cian Spencer
Dominic Leo
Owen Seamus
Simon Joshua

Isla Vivienne - Gorgeous. Lovely. Feminine. Everything wonderful. Need I go on? This combo is so lovely! The names flow so well together. At the moment, I can't imagine another name going with Isla nor another name going with Vivienne. Can it get any better?(;
Saida Rose - I wasn't sure how to pronounce Saida upon first glance, so that could lead to future confusion where this name is concerned. As for Rose, I don't like "filler" middle name names. You may love the name Rose, which is fine ofc, but when I see it in the middle name spot, all I can think is "filler". Nothing against the name itself..
That said, your girl name options are nice. However, I actually prefer most of your middle name options to your first names! Except for a select few such as Isla, Ivy, & Lydia.

Emery Jude - Love. It's so soft, yet it feels pretty boyish to me. I don't know, I can't explain it, but this name just sounds so peaceful and happy. Both names come across as sort of "subdued" to me; they compliment each other very well.
Simon Joshua - This name isn't really that bad - I've just never liked either name, so it's definitely a personal thing. Out of all of your boy names, this seemed the plainest to me. However, most of the other boy names are so nice! I love Conley, Rowan, Declan, Julian...and the combos that you came up with are great.

#5 ElizabethRuth

ElizabethRuth

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,396 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 10:44 PM

In order:

Girls:
Monica Siobhan- Love Monica and I think Siobhan is very pretty and unique.
Lily Niamh
Kate Eloise
Molly Evelyn
Audrey Saoirse
Ivy Katherine
Wren Eloise
Penelope {Penny} Claire
Mara Ivy
Lydia {Lydie} Jane
Isla Vivienne
Nadia Florence
Sasha Nadine
Saida Rose-Had to look up how to say it.

Boys:
Theo Declan- Im in love with this name. It's so handsome.
Simon Joshua
Finley James
Declan Robert
Owen Seamus
Leo Nathaniel
Spencer Julian
Dominic Leo
Conley Rowan
Cian Spencer
Emery Jude- Kinda sounds a little girly to me

#6 Meghan<3

Meghan<3

Legendary Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 3,823 posts
  • Interests:Baby names, writing, reading, animals

Posted 13 August 2012 - 10:15 AM

Ooh, fun! ^_^ Favorite to least favorite:

Girls:

Penelope {Penny} Claire

Ivy Katherine

Molly Evelyn

Lydia {Lydie} Jane

Isla Vivienne

Monica Siobhan

Kate Eloise

Lily Niamh

Audrey Saoirse

Saida Rose

Mara Ivy

Sasha Nadine

Nadia Florence

Wren Eloise

Boys:

Leo Nathaniel

Spencer Julian

Owen Seamus

Declan Robert

Simon Joshua

Theo Declan

Dominic Leo

Emery Jude

Finley James

Conley Rowan
Cian Spencer

Girls: I ranked Penelope {Penny} Claire first because I adore both Penelope and Claire, and I think the nickname Penny is darling. I ranked Wren Eloise last because although I love Eloise, Wren has never sounded feminine to me. I personally don't see the appeal of it, sorry.

Boys: I ranked Leo Nathaniel first because I really like Leo, and I think Nathaniel compliments it handsomely. Very classic combo. I ranked Cian Spencer last because I never really know how to pronounce Cian. I think a boy named Cian would face pronunciation and spelling issues frequently.

Overall, though, I really like your names!

#7 Permanent Rose

Permanent Rose

Legendary Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • 4,517 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 11:54 AM

Thank you everyone for your feedback! It is much appreciated!

Saida is a name that I've been contemplating adding to the guilty pleasure list because of pronunciation issues and because it really doesn't fit in stylistically with any of my other choices. For reference though, I pronounce it SAY-duh. It's one of my high school teacher's daughter's name, and I was intrigued by its uniqueness as soon as I heard it. She spells it Sada, however, which I would want to pronounce as SAW-duh at first glance. Perhaps I should consider spelling it Sayda if I do decide to use it, but I can't decide if the 'y' looks sloppy or not.

Meghan, Cian is another name that I'd be iffy to use because of pronunciation issues. My mom wanted to name my brother Cian but ended up using it as his middle name because of pronunciation issues. I always hoped I'd be brave enough to use it, and I would also be honoring my brother in the process. For reference, I pronounce it KEE-an. Would the spelling Kian be better?

Haddie, I love Irish names so much as well, and since I'm 50% Irish, I hope that I can at least use a few of them (especially my boy names, as most of them have an Irish flare haha)

Blush, I agree with you about Rose being a filler middle name, which is why I rarely place it there. For a name like Saida, I wanted to use a more common name because Saida already has a unique, somewhat foreign feel, so I wanted to make it more familiar. I'd actually like to use Rose as a first name, because it's so underused in that position and I find it absolutely gorgeous, but I have yet to find a middle name that I adore with it yet.

Thanks again everyone!

#8 ßlush

ßlush

Distinguished Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 239 posts
  • Interests:Paying off student loans & over-priced coffee.

Posted 13 August 2012 - 12:32 PM

Saida is a pretty name. Even though this spelling could lead to confusion, I would go with it. Since there are soo many trendy names that introduce "y" unnecessarily, I wouldn't go that route. That's just me though.
I liked Cian a lot better once I looked up how to pronounce it! Probably would have ranked it higher had I known..the Kian spelling would help matters, and I think it looks almost as nice.
Also, I love Rose as a first name!(: It's beautiful. I definitely agree about it being underused.

#9 Katie-Nana

Katie-Nana

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,652 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 02:47 PM

Fav to least fav...

Girls:
Ivy Katherine
Wren Eloise
Molly Evelyn
Isla Vivienne
Penelope Claire "Penny"
Nadia Florence
Lydia Jane "Lydie"
Sasha Nadine
Saida Rose
Audrey Saoirse
Lily Niamh
Kate Eloise
Monica Siobhan
Mara Ivy

My favorites: I adore both Ivy & Wren. I think they would make an adorable sib set. I put Ivy #1 because I think the overall flow of Wren Eloise could be a bit better.
My least favorites: I have a rule about 3+ syllable names having usable nicknames. The only nicknames that I can think of for Monica would be...Mon, Mona, Nicky or Nica and I'm not a huge fan of these. As for Mara, it just seems a bit blah and incomplete compared to all the great and very stylish names on your list. What about Maura or Moira?

Boys:
Owen Seamus
Dominic Leo
Leo Nathaniel
Theo Declan
Simon Joshua
Spencer Julian
Finley James
Emery Jude
Declan Robert
Conley Rowan
Cian Spencer

My favorites: I think Owen & Dominic {Dom or Nico?} are adorable and would work well for siblings. I think the combo Owen Seamus is just perfect.
My least favorites: I've never liked the name Cian. Probably because I've never been a huge fan of "K" sounding names (including my own). They are just a bit too harsh for my taste. Conley is not as harsh but it is a name I'm not very familiar with and when I see it I keep wanting to add an extra syllable and say Connelly. If you like Conley, what about Conway?

#10 Permanent Rose

Permanent Rose

Legendary Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • 4,517 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 04:19 PM

Katie, I feel the same way about Monica, and long names do inevitably get shortened, so it would be nice to have an option I liked.

I'm pronouncing Mara the same as Maura - I just think Mara looks a bit less dated than Maura. I do like Moira, but it still sounds a little funny to me every time I say it out loud so I'm still unsure.

Not big on Conway. And I'm still a little sure on using Conley myself.

Thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users