• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Sparkle

Sparkle

Novice Baby Namer

• PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 22 July 2016 - 06:45 PM

We have a little boy named Dylan and are trying for another baby (I'm obsessed with names and like to think ahead!) Our favourite name for a girl is Lily but I'm wanting peoples opinions on whether they sound too similar. We have an unfortunate habit of calling Dylan "Dyllie" for short!

We also quite like Daisy but wonder whether that might sound a bit funny too: Dylan and Daisy.

I have a whole range of girls names that I keep bringing up and going off and bringing up again but I keep coming back to Lily. What do you think? Would it be weird to have Dylan and Lily?

#2 pinkmonkey23

pinkmonkey23

Power Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 860 posts
  • Interests:Names ⌇ My children ⌇ Supernatural ⌇ I-Zombie ⌇ Lucifer ⌇ Arrowverse ⌇ Jane the virgin ⌇ The Originals ⌇ The Vampire Diaries [Before it ended]

Posted 23 July 2016 - 05:37 AM

I dont think Dylan and Daisy are too similar. They dont end the same or start the same just have the same letter at beginning..

Nice names and they suit together as a sibset too! :D 

If you call your son Dyllie. or Dyl for short..

Daisy could be - Deedee/ Daze, Cece, Zeezee(Zizi)

I think lily is a no go if you call dylan by his nickname dyllie.. too much like lily

other girls name that go with dylan. 

Delaney♡

Darcy♡

Tiffany

Molly 

Sydney 
Kelsey 
Carly 
Zoey ♡
Shelby
Alexa ♡
Paige
Riley
Ashlea
Millie 
Bella
Lola
Evie 
Holly

#3 Sparkle

Sparkle

Novice Baby Namer

• PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 26 July 2016 - 03:22 AM

Thanks for your opinion :) We tried to avoid matching initials with us when we named Dylan so we're not that keen on matching kids initials but I guess it's not that important so Daisy is still an option!

Molly and Holly are both already on my list of names that I like, I like Millie too, or something like Camilla that you could call Millie for short but I think that is the same problem as Lily which I like better! I really like L's can you tell haha. I think they make a name sound soft and girly :) One of my other favourites is Lila but my husband isn't keen :(

#4 Barbie

Barbie

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,617 posts
  • Interests:Writing, reading, sign language, riding horses, volunteering, working with children, and teaching martial arts!

Posted 26 July 2016 - 02:25 PM

Dylan and Camilla nn Millie is an adorable sib set!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users