• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 The Future Mrs B

The Future Mrs B

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,094 posts
  • Interests:Music, names and my friends.

Posted 16 June 2011 - 06:08 PM

I just saw somebody with this for girls & I love boy names 10x more than girls names so I'm copying you. Thanks for the idea.

Here's my favorite boys names. Opinions & rate 1-10 if you feel so inclined.

Gabriel
Damian
Lysander
Isaak
Nikolas
Leif
James
Brian

#2 -Tara

-Tara

Epic Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 06:27 PM

Gabriel
James
Brian

the others are nms

#3 Remy Hadley

Remy Hadley

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,883 posts
  • Interests:♥ baby names ♥ pasta ♥ sherlock holmes ♥ knitting / crocheting ♥ hiking ♥ dogs ♥ sea creatures ♥ birds ♥ nature documentaries ♥ peaceful parenting ♥ cooking ♥

Posted 17 June 2011 - 12:16 PM

Gabriel - Its strong and manly! <3 Handsome, and timeless. I don't think I'd ever use it personally, I don't care for it. But it is undeniably a fine name!
Damian - I know a boy named Damian and he left a great impression on the name haha! So I automatically like this name <3
Lysander - Its okayy... nms, really
Isaak- I only like this name spelled Isaac. But its a fine name
Nikolas - Again, I prefer original spellings. Unless this is the spelling for some other culture and you want to honor it, I think it looks wrong spelled this way :D (no offense). <3 I love the russian version of Nicholas a lot though, Nikolai! In case your looking for unique names and all <3
Leif - I like Leif, though I'm not sure I could ever use it in real life. It makes me think a lot of the leaves on tree's, and I can see teasing potential (like if he's upset and he walks away people could easily be like "why you 'leif'-ing?" or something. Idk). I think it sounds and looks handsome. BUt still feel like there'd be teasing :P
James - Its a handsome and great name, though I have personal experiences that ruined it for me :x
Brian - Okay, just not my style xx

Hope this helps!

#4 The Future Mrs B

The Future Mrs B

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 2,094 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 12:39 PM

My boyfriend loves Nikolai so that's probably what we'd use. However I know several Nicholas's that have ruined that spelling for me, hence the difference spelling. & with Nikolas or Nikolai we'd call him Niko.

#5 Remy Hadley

Remy Hadley

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • 7,883 posts
  • Interests:♥ baby names ♥ pasta ♥ sherlock holmes ♥ knitting / crocheting ♥ hiking ♥ dogs ♥ sea creatures ♥ birds ♥ nature documentaries ♥ peaceful parenting ♥ cooking ♥

Posted 17 June 2011 - 05:07 PM

Niko is an adorable nick name!!! :P <3 I am undecided on nick names myself, cause I like Nik or Niko (mum said she'd call my baby boy Niko if I had a baby boy named Nikolai seeing as she wanted to name her son Nico but dad said no). Nikolai Chase or Chase Nikolai are my combo's :D

I know a bunch of Nicholas's... some of which I don't appreciate the existance of, others are really nice. But I dislike the different spelling still... idk why, just doesn't feel right for whatever reason to me :/

#6 The Future Mrs B

The Future Mrs B

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 2,094 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 08:14 PM

I dunno. I guezs I just like the way K's look in names cuz for a girl I like Rebekah. Another variant spelling. & I normally can't stand variants. I'm weird I guess.

#7 Remy Hadley

Remy Hadley

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • 7,883 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 09:04 PM

Nah, we're still young, right? (Your in high school, if I remember correctly? :o). And us youngin's tend to have a more interesting taste in names haha!

But actually, I kinda like Rebeka :D Cause Rebecca is old and boring, and Rebeka seems to bring life to it! Make it young and new and refreshing, but I don't think it looks trendy or too young and all <3 Idk, thats just what comes to my mind :P lol! I tend to overthink things, so who knows! I'm just an insane name lady! :o

~ Haddie

#8 The Future Mrs B

The Future Mrs B

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 2,094 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 07:04 AM

Nah, we're still young, right? (Your in high school, if I remember correctly? :o). And us youngin's tend to have a more interesting taste in names haha!

But actually, I kinda like Rebeka :D Cause Rebecca is old and boring, and Rebeka seems to bring life to it! Make it young and new and refreshing, but I don't think it looks trendy or too young and all <3 Idk, thats just what comes to my mind :P lol! I tend to overthink things, so who knows! I'm just an insane name lady! :o

~ Haddie

Yep, I'm a junior. & I'm just as nuts. I'll spend hours looking at names. My bf laughed his butt off at me cuz we easily spent two hours looking for a middle name for Marcus that wasn't Anthony (Marcus (Marc) Anthony, no thank you).

#9 Remy Hadley

Remy Hadley

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • 7,883 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 07:12 AM

Haha! I spent eight hours strait looking at names and all, and my dad went berzerk at me lol! He's like "what in the world can you manage to keep on doing with a baby name for eight hours?!??!!" And I'm like "Dad, not only have I just completely renovated my name list-- I help a couple other people renovate theirs as well!" and he just gave me this look and kinda started cracking up as he walked away, which he tried to hide cause he was angry that I was online all day hahah! And my bf thinks I'm funny for it. He said it was cute, but he doesn't understand how obsessed I truly am with names! :o I only showed him my top four for each gender, so he hasn't seen my top 50 for each gender list yet! :D

But lol! Marc Antony :o I loved the Julius Ceaser thing, actually <3 But yeah, I wouldn't use Marcus Anthony either lol! Did you sucessfuly find a better suiting middle name? :P

#10 The Future Mrs B

The Future Mrs B

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 2,094 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 07:42 AM

Haha! I spent eight hours strait looking at names and all, and my dad went berzerk at me lol! He's like "what in the world can you manage to keep on doing with a baby name for eight hours?!??!!" And I'm like "Dad, not only have I just completely renovated my name list-- I help a couple other people renovate theirs as well!" and he just gave me this look and kinda started cracking up as he walked away, which he tried to hide cause he was angry that I was online all day hahah! And my bf thinks I'm funny for it. He said it was cute, but he doesn't understand how obsessed I truly am with names! :o I only showed him my top four for each gender, so he hasn't seen my top 50 for each gender list yet! :D

But lol! Marc Antony :o I loved the Julius Ceaser thing, actually <3 But yeah, I wouldn't use Marcus Anthony either lol! Did you sucessfuly find a better suiting middle name? :P

That's kinda funny. I think my dad would kill me. I have a boys list a mile long. I can't find girl names I like. The thing with Marcus Anthony is my bf was totally oblivious to Marc Anthony, it wasn't til we studied him in school he realized it & he still wants to use it. Best alternative I could come up with was Marcus Cain but I'm still iffy on it & Martin isn't in love with it either. Any ideas?

#11 Remy Hadley

Remy Hadley

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • 7,883 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 08:17 AM

Haha, he was close to it- but he was too busy trying not to laugh at the oddness of it all! At the moment, my boys and girls names list are equally long. I used to have a harder time with boys names, then girls names, now both haha! But thats funny! He didn't even think of it?! Haha! Macus Cain is kinda cute... lol Marcus Anthony would be cute and all- as long as you actually like that character in the play haha! Hmm... I'll send a bunch of middle names and hope you like some :P

Marcus Ethan
Marcus Antonio (kinda like Anthony but not?)
Marcus Theodore
Marcus Thaddeus
Marcus Holden
Marcus Josiah
Marcus Elijah
Marcus Alexander
Marcus Vincent
Marcus Caleb
Marcus Levi
Marcus James
Marcus Teagan/Reagan
Marcus Isaac/Isaak
Marcus Louis
Marcus George
Marcus Preston
Marcus Henry
Marcus Damian
Marcus Aaron
Marcus Warren
Marcus Wesley
Marus Rory
Marcus Elliot
Marcus Daniel
Marcus David
Marcys Ryan
Marcus Riley/Ryder
Marcus Julian (lol!)
Marcus Finn
Marcus Jayden/Jayson
Marcus Nelson

WDYT? More? :D

#12 The Future Mrs B

The Future Mrs B

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 2,094 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 08:33 AM

If you so desire. Marcus James sounds good but I can hear my sister calling him MJ & I'm probably gonna use James with Damian if I can talk my bf into it & siblings with the same middle name just seems odd to me. Marcus Isaiah seems okay but Martin's kind of a boob when it comes to names. He's so picky it drives me up a wall. & I love Marcus Gabriel but Gabriel is on the do not use list. Gideon is a guilty pleasure of mine but Martin might just kill me if I even think about using it anywhere in our son's name.

#13 Remy Hadley

Remy Hadley

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • 7,883 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 01:47 PM

Ehh, MJ wouldn't be so great :L Damian James sounds okay, but I bet if he'd call Marcus James MJ he'd call Damian James DJ :D Plus, Damian James both have the ayy sound, DAYmian JAYmes. Bothers me personally, but I don't know about you lol. Siblings with the same middle name is very odd. I met a family one time that had a tradition of all the boys having the same first name and it was kinda weird. So the mum had a couple Peters. A PJ, and PD (Peter Daniel I think it was, though I don't recall. It might have even just been spellled Petie, but I'm pretty sure it was PD). And family members were called by their middle name. Idk. But I personally wouldn't even use a similar sounding name for siblings :x I like each kid to have their unique name, that sound nice together but are their very own haha.

Lol, I'm sorry he's being a boob :l My bf was so easy about it! He made his general comments, but he was happy with all my names and liked them and all. I showed him my top four of each and he only disliked one name, which was understandable. Cause Saoirse is definitely a different name, and he couldn't pronounce it and all. And I added a name to my list just because he said he liked it (he randomly mentioned how he pictured having a little man one day and he'd name him Jayson and he'd play baseball with him and all sorts of sports :o It was so cute haha!). So I added Jayson Hunter and he's like "Cool, we both like Jayson." lolol. But I think Marcus Gideon would be so handsome! Especially as a middle name <3 Cause its long and has no nick names besides Giddy lol. And Marcus Isaiah is nice as well!

Hmm... maybe I can outdue his pickyness and fit it with a name you like? :o I shall try!!!

What about Marcus Nikolai? Nikolai Marcus could work too, if you like Niko/Nico :D

Marcus Joshua
Marcus Chase
Marcus Ulysses
Marcus Lionel
Marcus Zachary
Marcus Ichabod
Marucs Evan

I gotta go real soon, so can't go on with more :) I'll add more when I can though!!! Hope this helps at least a little! :P

#14 The Future Mrs B

The Future Mrs B

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 2,094 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 02:11 PM

Never quite notice they had the same sound. I guess it doesn't bother me too much because nobody's going to really use his middle name. But yeah DJ would be a very real possibility. My sister said she'd torment my kid to no end if I named him Damian because of the movie the Omen.
Marcus Nikolai sounds good. Next time he brings up names I'll run it by him.
I think if I really wanted to I could get my bf to let me use whatever name I want cuz he's a pushover when it comes to me but we'll probably wind up doing one name I like & then one name he likes although the only names he comes up with I like are Marcus, Brian & Nikolai.
He likes anything Russian. & then names like Marcus, Brian, Anthony, Virgil (no idea where he pulled that one from but hey,) and Erik(but only as a middle name).
Have a shot at it. You can't do worse than the two of us.

#15 Remy Hadley

Remy Hadley

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • 7,883 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 11:17 AM

I never watched the Omen, so I wouldn't know haha. But true, no one's gunna go around going "Damian James!" lol. But, it just bothers me personally haha. DJ isn't too bad... just enforce no DJ haha.

Lemme know how it turns out! Marcus Nikolai is really handsome :D If he likes both names, he should be fine with this combo! Hopefully haha

I asked my boyfriend about that, cause I am very into names lol. So I'm like "Would you let me name our kiddo whatever I want?" And he's like "As long as I like it too." And I showed him my list and he agreed I could use whatever I wanted haha! He tends to be that way for me, too. He normally does whatever I wanna do, and if I insist on something he usually agrees just to make me happy. lol! Unless it was something serious or something... but so far thats never really been a problem haha.

I like Erik actually! Marcus Erik!!! But if he chose the first name, you should chose the middle name :P Compromise! But both Marcus Nikolai and Marcus Erik are super handsome, and then he'd get his way and you mostly get yours? Maybe? :o

#16 The Future Mrs B

The Future Mrs B

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 2,094 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 11:48 AM

The Omen is about this kid who's supposedly the Anti-Christ, named Damian.& he causes several deaths & unpleasant things to happen. We'll probably wind up one of us picks the first name, the other picks the middle name.
Marcus Erik sounds pretty good but has too many R's in it for my tastes. I can't say them very well, they come out almost as W's. My bf laughs at me because his name comes out as Mawtin unless I really focus on sayin it right. So to his disappointment Marc is not something I will be saying on a daily basis.
If we talk names next time I see him. I'll let ya know how it goes. Some days he'll talk about names & other days he doesn't wanna think that far ahead. He's weird.

#17 ImaginationGirl

ImaginationGirl

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 1,608 posts
  • Interests:Reading, Writing, Acting, Singing and spending time with God, my family, friends and cats!

Posted 19 June 2011 - 08:08 PM

Gabriel -- 7/10 (It's nice, but not one of my favorites. The nick-name Gabe is cute)
Damian -- 4/10 (Don't really love it, but it's okay)
Lysander -- 3/10 (Interesting, but it's all right, I guess)
Isaak -- 8/10 (I prefer the spelling 'Isaac' but all in all it's a great name)
Nikolas -- 9/10 (This is a great name, but I prefer the spelling 'Nicholas')
Leif -- 5/5 (It's kind of call, but not really my style)
James -- 10/10 (Love it! I love it as middle name, and I like the nick-name Jamie)
Brian -- 7/10 (Not one of my faves, but it's a good solid name)

Sorry if I was a little picky. All and all, I don't think you could go wrong with any of these names!

#18 The Future Mrs B

The Future Mrs B

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 2,094 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 08:53 PM

Gabriel -- 7/10 (It's nice, but not one of my favorites. The nick-name Gabe is cute)
Damian -- 4/10 (Don't really love it, but it's okay)
Lysander -- 3/10 (Interesting, but it's all right, I guess)
Isaak -- 8/10 (I prefer the spelling 'Isaac' but all in all it's a great name)
Nikolas -- 9/10 (This is a great name, but I prefer the spelling 'Nicholas')
Leif -- 5/5 (It's kind of call, but not really my style)
James -- 10/10 (Love it! I love it as middle name, and I like the nick-name Jamie)
Brian -- 7/10 (Not one of my faves, but it's a good solid name)

Sorry if I was a little picky. All and all, I don't think you could go wrong with any of these names!

Not at all. I like picky.

#19 Remy Hadley

Remy Hadley

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • 7,883 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 08:56 PM

But ahh, I see :D Kinda a bad association lol, but the Damian I know is the sweetest guy ahah. Really cute, and works at Holister and all :P Blond and not antichrist like haha!

But that'd probably be for the best, haha. Or one picks girls names one picks boys names :o

Haha, when I say Marcus Erik the ck sound throws me off :x But understandable lol. Hehe Mawtin! But I think it's my accent that'd make me talk like that. I don't say a lot of R's unless I'm saying "idea" in which its "idear" or something haha! I'm near the Boston peoples who "Pawk theya cahhs in the yaahd" instead of "Park their cars in the yard" lol. So I'd probably have the same problem with you and his name :o

But its understandable for a guy not to wanna talk baby names all the time hahah! A bit too far into the future :D I try not to bring it up very often to Mike, cause it seems weird. But he said my baby name obsession is adorable and he doesn't mind talking baby names. He even asked to see my baby clothing collection :D I get sooo embarrased about that, cause it's sooo awkward to collect baby clothing! But he said it was the cutest thing and promised me a couple kiddo's when we were older haha. He's weird, I suppose lol. He said a lot of girls are just like me and talk names and collect clothes, but I find that super weird. Oh wells...

Good luck with convincing him and this name! :)

#20 The Future Mrs B

The Future Mrs B

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 2,094 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 09:08 PM

Everyone thinks I'm from Boston. Martin has moods. Somedays all he wants to do is talk about us & our future (we're the stupid kids that are engaged in high school), & other days he just wants to be 16.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users