• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 mimmimus

mimmimus

Aspiring Baby Namer

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 09:24 PM

Need some advise please. Our sons name is Beau and where we live it is a fairly common name, everyone knows it. However there is a chance we are moving back to europe and this name is extremely "weird" and unheard of where we are going. I am considering changing his name (he is only a few weeks old) even though we love it, but I don't want him to have a crazy name. What would you do and any suggestions on similar names or would you add another name in front and still call him Beau, or think of another name altogether?? any advise much appreciated!! 

#2 SPKandZAK

SPKandZAK

Power Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 776 posts

Posted 23 April 2017 - 08:59 AM

No don't change it. You can't just change his name everytime you move to a new area

#3 pinkmonkey23

pinkmonkey23

Power Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 860 posts
  • Interests:Names ⌇ My children ⌇ Supernatural ⌇ I-Zombie ⌇ Lucifer ⌇ Arrowverse ⌇ Jane the virgin ⌇ The Originals ⌇ The Vampire Diaries [Before it ended]

Posted 23 April 2017 - 02:41 PM

Nooo defo don't change his name just cos the place you are moving to might consider it to be weird. Where are you moving to? I'm sure the name Beau has been around much longer than you think. And with every name if its a littel more unique or unheard of in a place people get used to it x

#4 mimmimus

mimmimus

Aspiring Baby Namer

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 April 2017 - 09:03 PM

ha ha thanks guys.. my family are in Germany.. in fact its so weird that I think my mum was not even telling people his name at first. People look like a question mark when you mention his name! and of course I don't want that for my child so I am seriously considering changing it to something more "common" I suppose... just so confused as what to do! it took us 8 months to even agree on a name...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users