7 replies to this topic

#1 Lazuli

Lazuli

Epic Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,157 posts

Posted 02 June 2010 - 10:48 PM

I need help naming this puppy. Someone was just giving puppies away at Wal-Mart and we took her. (Which, brings our total to 3 dogs and 2 cats..one is expecting.) We were told she was a lab-collie mix with a little bit of dalmatian.

Posted Image

I'm having a heck of a time naming her. I've come up with June/Juno/Juniper, Miley or Mina. Our other pets are Mittens, Jericho, Hip Hop and Scraps.

#2 meme83

meme83

Junior Baby Namer

• Bronze Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 08:31 AM

ok well I have a personal rule that people shouldn't name animals human names like miley/mina. My cousin once had a puppy named puppy lol. Maybe u could go with the whole music theme u already have a hip hop maybe u could name her ryhthm. Maybe something fun like Bubbles or Chuckles or how about after a candy bar like snickers, kit kat, musketeer, hershey, reeses, or milky way. I know I'm all over the place with these names but it's such a wide variety of names to choose from for animals you can them whatever u want from Applehead to Ziggy Pop. lol

#3 Jessie

Jessie

Epic Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • 1,332 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 09:27 AM

And, I am a believer that animals should have people names. They are not objects or things and shouldn't be named after such :D
My animals are Lincoln James "Link", Gus Eugene "Gus Gus", Olivia Mae "Ollie", & Samantha Jo "Sammie"

I like Mina!

#4 Permanent Rose

Permanent Rose

Legendary Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,517 posts
  • Interests:art, reading, writing, dogs and cats

Posted 03 June 2010 - 01:12 PM

I like June or Juno best out what you have listed.

I'm in the middle here--I'm not against giving a dog a human name, nor am I against giving it a cutesy object name...I think the great things about pets are that you can give them your guilty pleasure names without feeling like you're ruining their life (like with a child) So I'd go for a name you love that you'd be hesitant to use on a kid. Those are perfect dog names

Suggestions:
Charlie (I know you've been thinking about this for a child, but it would be so darn cute on a dog!)
Stella
Lou
Moonbeam
Misty
Socks (looks like she's wearing socks--this could also be cute with Mittens' name)
Emma

#5 Amanda Katherine

Amanda Katherine

Distinguished Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 249 posts
  • Interests:I love music, musicals, art, writing, theater, names, making friends, and having fun.

Posted 03 June 2010 - 02:39 PM

I think Juno or Mina would be soo cute!! :D

#6 Katie-Nana

Katie-Nana

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,652 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 06:13 PM

I like Juno...its cute and spunky! She kinda looks like a Juno. I have six dogs...their naming styles are a bit different (to give you some ideas)....

Two bloodhounds are "June" Carter Cash & Johnny "Dodger" Cash (country singer names)
Two dachshunds are Samuel Louis "The Boogie Man/Boogie/Boo-boo" and "Tango" (dance names)
One pit bull named Waylon (another country singer)
and an Austrailian Blueheeler named "Drover" Blaze (since he is a cattle dog...)

#7 rhaego

rhaego

Epic Baby Namer

• Charter Members
  • 1,896 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 07:04 AM

I think Juniper is super adorable! That way, it's not really a human name, if you're against naming animals with the same names as people, but you could still call her June, Juno, and Junie! :P
Honestly, I don't understand the 'not naming animals human names' thing. If we follow that rule, we'd quickly run out of names for our animals, as people keep coming up with more and more ludicrous names for their children in a desperate attempt to be 'unique.' I wouldn't be surprised if I soon met a little girl or boy named Mittens.

#8 ReadeAlexandra

ReadeAlexandra

Legendary Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,751 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 07:03 PM

Rigs

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users