• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 kgood2015

kgood2015

Aspiring Baby Namer

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 August 2015 - 06:04 PM

Hello I am new on here, But I have been trying to figure out the prefect girl name for us! And my husband lost his mom when he was 5 and her names is Carrie Rae Good, and I lost my sister 2 years ago and her name is Alexis Marie Lee Myers. Me and him both think we should try to agree on a name in between their names. I have been trying to figure out something and I can not get my finger on anything.. Can anyone give us any ideas?

Thanks! The Good family!

#2 PaperHeart

PaperHeart

Genie-ous Baby Namer and Moderator

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,161 posts

Posted 17 August 2015 - 06:50 PM

You could play around with the letters and mix them up to make a combo?

So you have 4 a's, 1 c, 6 e's, 3 i's, 2 l's, 4 r's, an s and an x. 

(Plenty of vowels, which makes it easier.)

You could also use names with similar meanings (i.e Alexis means 'to help/defend' and Sasha means 'defender of mankind'), variations (Caroline for Carrie, Alessia for Alexis, Marina for Marie etc) 

Or you could simply put their names together or make a new name out of smooshing syllables together. 

Rayleigh for Rae & Lee or Carrie Alexis together as a combo. It's all about what you're both comfortable with and love. Because at the end of the day, your little one will be they're own person. So finding a name you love is important, even if it means not using your sister's or his mother's names in the combo.

#3 Bunko0

Bunko0

Superstar Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 743 posts

Posted 20 August 2015 - 07:53 PM

Carys Mireille (CARE iss mer AY) is a good mash-up of the names' sounds. Caroline Alexandra uses variants of the two first names.

#4 Katie-Nana

Katie-Nana

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,652 posts

Posted 26 August 2015 - 11:29 AM

My son has two middle names, both honoring, but I liked the idea of him having his own first name that was not an honoring name.  We plan to do the same thing if we have another boy, but my SO doesn't like the idea of two middle names for a girl. 

I'm not sure how you feel about using honoring names, and I've never lost a parent or a sibling as you have, but I'm not sure I would want my child to have the same first name as a lost loved one.  But I think using two middle names would be a nice way to honor both lost family members. 

I like the idea of using similar names or variants of a name to honor family in a creative way, but my SO doesn't see the point unless it is the exact same name!  So it really depends on your own personal thoughts.   I think  ________ Alexa Rae would be a nice combo, or maybe putting two names together to create one name like Yasmine suggested, _________ Raeleigh.   Heck, Alexa-Rae would even make a nice double first name!

• PaperHeart likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users