#2 brittany111

brittany111

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,912 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 05:26 AM

oh where to start...
im brittany, and the way my parents inteded it to be said is very brittish, bri-tah-nee not brit-nee, but nobody except like the english and french (brittany is a province in france) ever pn it that way so i get..
britney
brittney
brittannie
britany
britanie
brittanee
britnee
brittanee
the list goes on and on and on. very frustrating

#3 Meghan<3

Meghan<3

Legendary Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,823 posts
  • Interests:Baby names, writing, reading, animals

Posted 12 September 2011 - 05:39 PM

Well, my name is Meghan and people always spell it Megan. I suppose my name is one of those weird spelling variations, but I also hate:
Meagan
Meaghan
Meagann
Meaghann
Meaghane
Meaghane
Meaghanne
Meaganne

Etc, etc. It drives me crazy!

#4 ImaginationGirl

ImaginationGirl

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 1,608 posts
  • Interests:Reading, Writing, Acting, Singing and spending time with God, my family, friends and cats!

Posted 13 September 2011 - 01:46 PM

I don't like it when a name is supposed to start with a certain letter, and then someone changes it to a different letter. For instance they might change Cole into Kole, Amelia into Emelia or Olivia into Alivia. :)

I also don't care for these spellings: Lindsay, Braden/Haden, Eliot, Emoly....and I can't stand when a name has extra y's in it like: Ayden or Ryley! (It bothers me SO much!)
Another thing I don't really like, is when people change the 'ley' part of a name to 'leigh'. For instance: Bayleigh, Ashleigh or Kayleigh. ;)

Those are a few of the spellings that I don't like...and BTW, I understand why those other spellings would get annoying to you Zoe, Brittany and Meghan! My name is Catelin and I have gotten so many different spellings over the years that I've given up on people spelling my name right. Since I don't really care for my name anyway, it's okay. However, Catie I do like! :P

Thanks for the interesting topic!

#5 Starlight

Starlight

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 1,812 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 06:11 PM

My name is Ashleigh & people often spell it as 'Ashley'
I HATE the spelling Ashley! Absolutely hate it & it gets on my nerves SO much when people spell my name wrong :)

#6 brittany111

brittany111

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 1,912 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 07:57 PM

hehe ash :) my cousin is Ashleigh, in my class at school i had an Ashley (boy) Ashlea(girl) Ashlee(girl) Ashalea(girl) and in the other class was an Ashly (boy) and Ashalee(girl) it was so confusing as a 9 yr old. they ended up in my class keeping Ashley(boy) Ashlee(g) ashlea(g) and the other ashalea's mum said it was ok to call her by middle name which was good so she became Courtney! 1987-2000 was the time of the Ash/leigh/lee/ley/lea's!

#7 _Taylor_

_Taylor_

Junior Baby Namer

• Bronze Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts
  • Interests:Taking care of Bentley is my #1 interest! &lt;3

Posted 13 September 2011 - 10:23 PM

My name is Taylor and I hate with a passion ALL alternate spellings of it, such as: Tayler, Tailor, Taylah, Tailur, etc. :)

#8 Starlight

Starlight

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 1,812 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 05:50 AM

hehe ash ;) my cousin is Ashleigh, in my class at school i had an Ashley (boy) Ashlea(girl) Ashlee(girl) Ashalea(girl) and in the other class was an Ashly (boy) and Ashalee(girl) it was so confusing as a 9 yr old. they ended up in my class keeping Ashley(boy) Ashlee(g) ashlea(g) and the other ashalea's mum said it was ok to call her by middle name which was good so she became Courtney! 1987-2000 was the time of the Ash/leigh/lee/ley/lea's!

Haha it is quite popular!
An I happened to be another mid 90's child stuck with the name. :)
That must have been sooo confusing though! & I thought having an Ashleigh, Ashley, Ashley & Ashlee in my school was confusing.

#9 NavyWife24

NavyWife24

Junior Baby Namer

• Bronze Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 03:54 AM

I hate it when people spell it Danyelle, Danelle, Dannelle, Daniell. Those annoy me so much!

#10 Zyx

Zyx

Notable Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 176 posts
  • Interests:I like to read and write, but I'm not exactly what you would call a nerd. I love to skateboard and play sports, and I have a bow and arrows that I have not yet hit a bulls-eye with. I also enjoy hanging out with my friends and siblings (well, not all of them :P ). I listen to music almost all the time and write my own music every once in a while. <br /><br />Lastly: I would definitely rather be outdoors than in.

Posted 17 September 2011 - 06:42 PM

I dislike spellings with any extra letters that are unnecessary. For example, Katelynn. I can't think of any more at the moment but the double n bothers me.

My name is Nicki, and I hate alternate spellings such as:

Nikki
Niki
Nicky
Nickie
Nikkie
Nikky

You get the idea... the one that is the most common is Nikki and it bugs me so much.

#11 Anny

Anny

Star Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 24 September 2011 - 09:35 AM

I just realised that I really hate the spelling Corrine! I really like the name Corinne, and to me those 2 have a slightly different pronouncations, but English mothertongues would pronounce it the same way:

Corinne ~~~ co-RIN :)
Corrine ~~~ COR-rin
and it i snot co-REEN, I hate that pronouncation of Corinne because it isn't acurat!!! The spelling to that pronouncation would be Coreen or Corene, but not Corinne!
That is just the way I see it or pronounce those names. English sometimes is a confusing language :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users