• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 The Future Mrs B

The Future Mrs B

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,094 posts
  • Interests:Music, names and my friends.

Posted 11 August 2014 - 01:03 PM

So after a week of trying to find new names I've got the longest list I've ever had.

1. I have a ton of Biblical names. Would it be odd if all but one boy had a Biblical name? (Ex. Isaac, Levi, Simon, and August)

2. I keep coming back to names that end in -er. Is a two syllable name ending in -er (Jasper) too much with a two syllable last name ending in -er?

3. I seem to have a love of names that start with "t" or "th" as middle names. I can't use them all so I'm looking for opinions on which one(s) to use. These are: Tadgh (Teeg), Tamerlane, Tancred, Thaddeus, Thane, Theron, Tiago, Torben, Torbjorn, and Torin. (yes, that's a lot of Tor. We both like Nordic mythology and Tor is easy to translate.)

Some new combos I'm looking for opinions on:

Lorcan Theron

Stellan Nicobar

Jasper Dante

Casey Caradoc

Theo Evander

Jeremiah Oisin (osh-een)

Ronan Amadeus

Gregory Lir

Simon Thane

Sebastian Willem

August Kane

#2 HxppySxng

HxppySxng

Legendary Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,040 posts
  • Interests:Planners, piercings, Witchcraft, Netflix, & baking.

Posted 11 August 2014 - 01:30 PM

1. I have a ton of Biblical names. Would it be odd if all but one boy had a Biblical name? (Ex. Isaac, Levi, Simon, and August) - No, I don't think so. It's not an overly-obvious theme, so the difference wouldn't stand out too much.

2. I keep coming back to names that end in -er. Is a two syllable name ending in -er (Jasper) too much with a two syllable last name ending in -er? - It depends on the combination, Jasper Bayer, Jasper Harper and the like don't sound too bad. 

3. I seem to have a love of names that start with "t" or "th" as middle names. I can't use them all so I'm looking for opinions on which one(s) to use. These are: Tadgh (Teeg), Tamerlane, Tancred, Thaddeus, Thane, Theron, Tiago, Torben, Torbjorn, and Torin. (yes, that's a lot of Tor. We both like Nordic mythology and Tor is easy to translate.) - Of your list, I like Tamerlane, Thaddeus, Thane, Torben, and Torin.

Some new combos I'm looking for opinions on:

Lorcan Theron - The fact that they both end in -n sounds makes the combination sound very choppy.

Stellan Nicobar - Stellan is cute, Nicobar is a great balancer. They work nicely together. 

Jasper Dante - Jasper is very handsome, it's a name that works on any age. Dante is a great middle name. Love the combo.

Casey Caradoc - Casey is a great name, reminds me of my brother. I love Casey on a boy. Caradoc isn't a mn I'd pair with Casey as the hard C sound repeats 3 times. 

Theo Evander - Very attractive pairing. The name as a whole flows very well together. 

Jeremiah Oisin (osh-een) - It's a good choice that you keep the harder to pronounce names as middles to avoid putting your child through the lovely experience of having to constantly correct people on spelling and pron. Jeremiah is great. Lovely combination.

Ronan Amadeus - The names work great together. 

Gregory Lir - I absolutely adore the name Gregory, it's dying down, sadly. Lir is cute, though I'm not sure if it's pronounced Leer or differently?

Simon Thane - Awesome pairing. The syllables work well together. 

Sebastian Willem - Willem is a great alternative to William. Sebastian is timeless. Love it.

August Kane - This is my favourite combo. August is so masculine and Kane is just (lack of adjective) amazing. Love this one. 

#3 Addison

Addison

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,122 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 08:02 AM

1. I have a ton of Biblical names. Would it be odd if all but one boy had a Biblical name? (Ex. Isaac, Levi, Simon, and August)

I don't think it would be odd at all because names like the ones listed are relatively common and have the same vintage-y feel as the other name. If that makes sense. Like Hezekiah, Esau, and August might be weird, but the sibset you listed is great. 

2. I keep coming back to names that end in -er. Is a two syllable name ending in -er (Jasper) too much with a two syllable last name ending in -er?

No, I don't think it is too much, unless you have Jasper Casper or something of the like, haha

3. I seem to have a love of names that start with "t" or "th" as middle names. I can't use them all so I'm looking for opinions on which one(s) to use. These are: Tadgh (Teeg), Tamerlane, Tancred, Thaddeus, Thane, Theron, Tiago, Torben, Torbjorn, and Torin. (yes, that's a lot of Tor. We both like Nordic mythology and Tor is easy to translate.)

Torin is my favorite, so handsome! I also really like Torbjorn, Tiago, and Torben.

Lorcan Theron - Not my particular taste, but I like it. I want to meet a kid with this name.

Stellan Nicobar - LOVE Stellan, such a handsome, well-aging Scandinavian choice. I like Nico, but never really been a fan of Nicobar. 

Jasper Dante - Though Dante isn't my style, it is incredibly handsome with Jasper. Great combo.

Casey Caradoc - not my style 

Theo Evander - Really great! Theo is adorable, and Evander is a really strong name to balance it out. 

Jeremiah Oisin (osh-een) - like this a lot. 

Ronan Amadeus - Ronan is very handsome, but I can't even read Amadeus without singing it   :unsure:  :P 

Gregory Lir - I've always though Gregory, esp with the nickname Rory, is cute. How is Lir pronounced? I'm saying it "Leer"

Simon Thane - Nice. Simon is great. 

Sebastian Willem - Sebastian is nice. I've always prefered Wilhelm or William to Willem, sorry

August Kane - Very nice, handsome combo. 

#4 The Future Mrs B

The Future Mrs B

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,094 posts
  • Interests:Music, names and my friends.

Posted 13 August 2014 - 09:13 AM

Addison: Lir is said like Leer.
Bailey: Last name is very similar to Becker so it would be Jasper Becker. Some days I don't mind it, some days it drives me batty.
Thanks ladies!

#5 Addison

Addison

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,122 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 09:24 AM

Last name is very similar to Becker so it would be Jasper Becker. Some days I don't mind it, some days it drives me batty.
Thanks ladies!

If in the future it bothers him, he could always use Jasper D. Becker instead of just Jasper Becker. 

#6 Jenna_Lee

Jenna_Lee

Legendary Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,957 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 09:35 AM

1. I would say it wouldn't be that weird, considering how common Biblical names are, especially for boys. Most people probably wouldn't even notice unless you pointed it out if all the names were similar in style.

2. I agree with the others, it kind of depends on the last name, but if you think it's acceptable enough for you to use chances are it is.

3. I would go with the ones that are going to be easiest for strangers to pronounce. Thane, Torben and Torin are nice, and Thaddeus would be okay as a middle or with a nickname (Thad/Tad?)

Lorcan Theron - I actually really like Lorcan and Theron is nice, but together the n's at the end kind of clash.

Stellan Nicobar - I've never heard Nicobar, but I love the Nico prefix and Stellan is sooo handsome. I like that you have the more uncommon names in the middle spots in all of these too.

Jasper Dante - I like Jasper a lot, and it goes well with the also-handsome Dante.

Casey Caradoc - I definitely prefer Casey on a boy over a girl, which is not usually common. Caradoc is intriguing and I like how these two sound together.

Theo Evander - I prefer Theo as a nickname for Theodore, but with Evander having "er" at the end I think just Theo is fine with it.

Jeremiah Oisin (osh-een) - I really like Jeremiah and I think Oisin sounds nice with it.

Ronan Amadeus - Love love love both names and how they go together. This is definitely my favorite on your list.

Gregory Lir - Never hear Lir before (as is my situation with a few of your other middle names) but the classic and handsome Gregory goes with and balances it out nicely.

Simon Thane - Simon and Thane are handsome and go well together.

Sebastian Willem - I prefer William to Willem, and I think the 'n' and 'm' at the ends of the names clash a bit, but I do like Sebastian.

August Kane - I like both names but I feel like this combo ends really abruptly, maybe because they're both short names with prominent consonant sounds.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users