#1 Starlight

Starlight

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,812 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 01:08 AM

I have revised my girls name list!
I would appreciate any comments on the name combinations... how you think they would age & any suggestions are also welcome :)

-Emmeline Cadence nn Emme
-Charlotte Poppy nn Charley
-Amelia/Amelie Isobel nn Milly, Mia.[Which sounds better Amelia or Amelie?]
-Sienna Lily
-Sophia Ruby nn Soph
-Kiera Brooklyn
-Madeline Ava nn Maddie
-Holly Matilda
-Nicolette Piper nn Nicole
-Chloe Alyssa [Even though I have a cousin named Alissa???]
-Lilah Aubrey nn Lily
-Kayleigh Autumn nn Kayla [Again I have a cousin named Cayla.....????]
-Lucy Eden
-Melodie Eve nn Elodie
-Ariella Summer nn Ella
-Yasmine Hope nn Yas, Yazzie.
-Layla Kate
-Paige Briar
-Annika Faith
-Erin Aurora

Thanks heaps in advance!

#2 Remy Hadley

Remy Hadley

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,884 posts
  • Interests:♥ baby names ♥ pasta ♥ sherlock holmes ♥ knitting / crocheting ♥ hiking ♥ dogs ♥ sea creatures ♥ birds ♥ nature documentaries ♥ peaceful parenting ♥ cooking ♥

Posted 03 May 2011 - 08:57 AM

-Emmeline Cadence nn Emme is absolutely adorable! I love it! Ages perfectly, and I don't think it needs any different suggestions <3 Its gorgeous! And Emme is just adorable <3 <3 <3

-Charlotte Poppy nn Charley, I've never cared much for Poppy. But my bff named her puppy that so... yeah <3 But it works nicely as a middle name! Cause Charlotte will age beautifully, and Poppy is a fine middle name! Charley is an adorable nick name as well <3

-Amelia/Amelie Isobel nn Milly, Mia... hmm... I think both sound nice. But, I do prefer Amelie personally more. I guess in this situation it depends on which you personally like better <3 And Milly is so darn cute!

-Sienna Lily is beautiful ;)

-Sophia Ruby nn Soph, Ruby is so underused! Sweet middle name selection! And I love Sophia/Soph, cute as a button! <3 Yet, no matter how cute it is, it ages fine! I can picture grandma Sophia <3

-Kiera Brooklyn is okay, I'm not personally fond of Kiera. But it flows fine and I guess it ages fine. The combo flows nicely. Though I personally get the ra end of Keira mixed a bit into the Broo of Brooklyn. It's probably just me though! :P

-Madeline Ava nn Maddie, sweet! <3

-Holly Matilda I like! It's not overly christmas like, and Matilda is cuuute! <3

-Nicolette Piper nn Nicole- OoOo, I like how Piper sounds after Nicolette! And Nicolette seems so much less dated than Nicole! <3 Adooorable!

-Chloe Alyssa sounds beautiful! Since Alyssa is the middle name, I don't see it being a problem :P It sounds cute with Chloe!

-Lilah Aubrey nn Lily is pretty. But I don't think Lilah is long enough for a nick name :L Cause Lily and Lilah are just so close, and both the same amount of syllables. So it doesn't make since in my mind :) Lilah Aubrey is adorable though!!! And Lily Aubrey would be sweet if you prefered that as well. Both = absolutely adorable!!! Yet I think it'd age perfectly fine even though its so cute <3 A perfect mix of adorable and mature-able <3

-Kayleigh Autumn nn Kayla I have the same nick name problem with :L Kayleigh and Kayla seem just too close and the same amount of syllables. Kayleigh Autumn is pretty, and I think Kayla Autumn would be absolutely gorgeous! But, I don't think Kayla works as well as a nick name personally <3

-Lucy Eden both the names are gorgeous! But, I think the end of lucy and the begining of Eden flow into each other :/

-Melodie Eve nn Elodie has the same as Lucy Eden </3 Both names are gorgeous though!

-Ariella Summer nn Ella is oh my god gorgeous! The flow is stunning, and the names sound beautiful together! Like!!!

-Yasmine Hope nn Yas, Yazzie. Cute cute cute!!! <3

-Layla Kate is sooo cute! I like it a lot!

-Paige Briar is nice! I like Paige as a first name, as a middle name its filler lol. And Briar is just so darn cute! I love it!

-Annika Faith is a pretty combo. I personally don't care much for Annika, but it is a nice name! And I think it ages fine. Faith is beautiful <3

-Erin Aurora is pretty! <3

Here are some different suggestions of the names from your list!:

Lucy Briar
Lucy Brooklyn
Lucy Keira // Keira Lucy
Melodie Keira // Keira Melodie
Erin Kayleigh
Paige Brooklyn
Paige Autumn
Keira Eden
Aurora Kate
Aurora Briar
Layla Brooklyn
Layla Melodie // Melodie Layla
Keira Eve
Lucy Autumn
Kayleigh Alyssa
Kayleigh Aurora
Kayleigh Briar

There's a few suggestions :P Hope they helped ya, Ash!!! <3

~ Remsy

#3 ReadeAlexandra

ReadeAlexandra

Legendary Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,751 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 11:46 AM

-Charlotte Poppy nn Charley
-Kiera Brooklyn
-Lilah Aubrey
-Lucy Eden
-Annika Faith

these are my favorites but they are all great
prefer the spelling Keira and I don't think Lilah needs a nn

#4 Starlight

Starlight

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 1,812 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 05:08 AM

Thanks for the help! :)

Im wondering are.. Emmeline and Amelie/Amelia too close for siblings?

Instead of Kiera Brooklyn..... how does Brooklyn Kiera sound? ;)

I just love both, Lilah and Lily... and there wayyy too close for sisters... so even though Lily wouldn't exactly be a shortened nickname.. it is the only way I can use both Lilah and Lily at once <3 hmm it does sound silly though..

Im also thinking, that Kayleigh is way to close to my name Ashleigh...
But i'll probably never get around to using it in the future...
I see my Cousin Cayla, way too much to use that name on my Daughter.

How's Kayleigh Paige sound? [I know, Paige is filler but I still like it]
Can you think of any other 'K' names?
I thought maybe Kelsey Paige!!! :P Im liking it <3

Im thinking of changing it too....... Melodie Autumn?

The suggestion list helped lots too, thanks :P

#5 Remy Hadley

Remy Hadley

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • 7,884 posts
  • Interests:♥ baby names ♥ pasta ♥ sherlock holmes ♥ knitting / crocheting ♥ hiking ♥ dogs ♥ sea creatures ♥ birds ♥ nature documentaries ♥ peaceful parenting ♥ cooking ♥

Posted 04 May 2011 - 08:47 AM

Emmeline and Amelie sound a bit close... but I definitely don't think Emmeline and Amelia are too close. When I say them out loud, I don't see a problem. You can kinda feel the connection of Emmeline and Amelie when said out loud. Though, if you call them Emme and Milly I don't see too big of a problem. They may be close, but you can still hear the difference.

I kinda like how Brooklyn Keira sounds! The K's are a little close, but not close enough to make it sound odd at all :)

A little bit... :/ I think it will end up with you having to pick one or the other! I love Lila, Lily is cute, and I also love Leila. So... haha! I had to sit there and think of which one I liked best! (I personally chose Leila <3). Compare them, find pro's and con's, then decide your fav! Though, don't worry too much of it, cause you can always change it as you go <3 What I did was find middle names for each name. Then I found which combo I like more, and went with that combo and kept the other combo's hidden (I still love Lily Annabel, and Lila Josephine, but Leila Aubrey won in my mind <3).

Yeah, I guess if you see family too often it could make it awkward to use the name! I have a cousin Alex, so if I ever used Alexander it'd have to be as a middle name, I'm thinking. I might even use Alexander, especially seeing as I dislike the nick name Alex. It's cute... but inferior to Alexander ;) Tehehe! <3 I've thought of Lex and Xan as nick names if I ever used it... but yeah. Haha! I also have cousins (that are brothers) Jason and Christopher, so being both those names are on my list its a little awkward lol! The whole point of this blurb.... even though you see your cousin Cayla a lot, it couldn't hurt to use it if you love it enough. And she could feel honored in her name being used. I don't think Kayleigh us tooo close to your name, actually! It certainly is alike, especially with the spelling. But, Kayleigh is a cute name! I prefer different spellings personally, but yeah. Its cute <3

Kayleigh Paige does sound nice <3 They both have an "ay" sound in them, but I don't think thats a bad thing. I'm an odd child, and ever since my mum told me a few years ago that she likes the name Cayleigh (pronounced cay-lay) that every time I see Leigh I think "Lay", like Leighton <3
Kelsey Paige is nice!!!

K names...
Kristin/Kirsten/Keirsten
Kate/Katherine
Kelly
Kloe
Kara
Kaye
Kora
Kenna/Kenzie/Kennedy
Kadence

The only K names i can currently think of are just C names with the spelling changed D:'

OoOo, Melodie Autumn is gorgeous!! <3

I'm glad this helped!!!! <3

~ Haddie

#6 -Tara

-Tara

Epic Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 04:40 PM

-Emmeline Cadence nn Emme
-Kiera Brooklyn
-Madeline Ava nn Maddie
-Chloe Alyssa
-Lucy Eden
-Layla Kate

#7 Starlight

Starlight

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 1,812 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 06:32 AM

Thanks!! So a cute sibset for three girls could be,

Emmeline Cadence, Charlotte Poppy & Amelia Isobel :(

I would use, Emme and Mia as the nicknames :)

Hmm.. I might pick 'Lilah'.. since I already have Lily [as a middle name] on my list!
Thanks for the help... I like Sienna Lily, and then Lilah Aubrey :P So I guess thats what's getting added to my list..

I love the name Alexander too! Yeah it's best used as a middle name, cause he will be nicknamed 'Alex', unless you enforce it that you dont like any nicknames.. the it might not :)
Yeah... 'Kayla' will stay on my list I suppose... Though i'll never end up using it, unless I have a heap of kids.. all girls :P
You pronounce it differently to us!! We say 'Kay-leigh-'
I wanna hear how you pronounce my name :P

Thank youuu!!

#8 _Nikkay_

_Nikkay_

Distinguished Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 09:10 AM

Emmeline Cadence nn Emme
- I love Cadence and I think Emmeline Cadence sounds so cute together. However, I've never been a fan of the name Emmeline or nn Emme, I've always liked Emma or Emily a lot more. Great combination, though!

Charlotte Poppy nn Charley
- Charlotte is alright, but I cant picture it on a little kid/teenager. I'm not too fond of Poppy & I can only see Charley on a boy. The names compliment each other, though. They sound really nice together.

Amelia/Amelie Isobel nn Milly, Mia.[Which sounds better Amelia or Amelie?]
- I like Amelie Isobel the best. Sooo cute!! & I like Mia a lot for a nickname.

Sienna Lily
- I've seen this name a lot since I joined this website and I'm really growing to love it. It sounds classy & elegant.

Sophia Ruby nn Soph
- Love this one, too! Sophia is really popular, but its so darn adorable, especially with Ruby! Its nice to see it paired with Ruby, which isnt as common, instead of a trendier middle name.

Kiera Brooklyn
- Kiera is alright. Love Brooklyn, though.

Madeline Ava nn Maddie
- This is my favorite one so far. I had Madeleine & Ava on my list for a long time and I love the way they sound together.
& I love the nickname Maddie, too.

Holly Matilda
- I like Holly a lot, never been a fan of Matilda but they sound nice together.

Nicolette Piper nn Nicole
- I like the name Nicolette, especially with Piper. My names Nicole and I've never been a fan of it which is why I go by Nikki.
& Nicolette is such a beautiful name, I personally wouldnt use any nickname for it!

Chloe Alyssa [Even though I have a cousin named Alissa???]
- Chloe & Alyssa are just alright to me. I think its fine even if you have a cousin named Alissa, my cousins name is Allison and we all call her Ali, for a long time I was thinking about naming my daughter Aaliyah "Ali" and I know if I had decided on that it wouldnt bother me/anyone, I say if you really like Alyssa, then use it!

Lilah Aubrey nn Lily
- Hm. I like both names but I dont know if I like them together..

Kayleigh Autumn nn Kayla [Again I have a cousin named Cayla.....????]
- Love this one!! A woman down the street from me had a baby a while ago and named her Autumn Kayleigh. So I like both Kayleigh Autumn & Autumn Kayleigh (Probably Kayleigh Autumn a little more since I like Autumn in the middle name spot better. & Again, I think the whole cousin thing is fine.

Lucy Eden
- I like Eden a lot. Lucy is alright but Lucy Eden is a great combination.

Melodie Eve nn Elodie
- Veryy cute! Love the nickname Elodie.

Ariella Summer nn Ella
- Not a fan of Ariella. I love Summer and the nickname Ella, though.

Yasmine Hope nn Yas, Yazzie.
- Loveee this one! I probably wouldnt use any nicknames though.

-Layla Kate
Very nice. I like this combination a lot.

Paige Briar
- Paige is alright. I like Briar a lot.

Annika Faith
- Eh. I love Faith but I dont really like Annika.

Erin Aurora
- Neither name is my style.

My overall favorites would be:
Amelie Isobel
Sienna Lily
Sophia Ruby
Madeline Ava
Nicolette Piper
Kayleigh Autumn
Yasmine Hope
Layla Kate

& my veryy favorites would be
Kayleigh Autumn, Yasmine Hope & Madeline Ava

There ya go!
Hope I helped a little ! :]

Edit: I just read the previous posts, & I like Brooklyn Kiera a lot better then Kiera Brooklyn, I think with Kiera at then end it just kind of flows off your tongue and it sounds beautiful...Brooklyn Kiera, I dont know, just my opinon!

#9 Remy Hadley

Remy Hadley

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • 7,884 posts

Posted 07 May 2011 - 07:27 AM

Aww, that would be a darling sib set! They all match beautifully, loooooove it! :(

Beautiful decision! :) <3 Sienna Lily and Lilah Aubrey <3

And even if you enforce that you want no nick names... People ignore it and use it anyway. And. The kiddo might like nick names when he gets older and by then you can do nothing, really <3 Happened to everyone in my family lol, either undesired nick names given to you. Or randomly given nick names... Joshy Bear has so many randomly given nick names haha! Mum didn't want any of us to have nick names, yet he gave us names that have nick names so easily! I mean, lol <3

Guilty Pleasures are always fun! I'll never name my kiddo Aurelia Joanna Fern, but I do adore the name so I admire it without potential use lol <3

I sometimes say Leigh like Lee, but I kinda like how Lay sounds :) haha, Ashlayy! :P

Your welcome! Glad I could help! <3

#10 bythecarousel

bythecarousel

Notable Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 07:37 PM

Emmeline Cadence nn Emme:
I like Emmeline spelled that way, but I'm not really a fan of Cadence, as it sounds a bit dated. They flow well together, though. Emme is cute.

Charlotte Poppy nn Charley:
Adorable all around; I'm surprised by how much I like this one. Charley (or Charlie) would be a precious nickname for a little girl, and Charlotte grounds the name for aging well in her future.

Amelia/Amelie Isobel nn Milly, Mia:
I like both Amelia and Amelie, but I think Amelia meshes a little better with Isobel when spoken. I don't love either nickname, but I prefer Mia over Milly.

Sienna Lily:
Lily is one of my favorite names and is going to be the name my DH and I choose for a first name if we have a girl (Lilith for sentimental reasons, but that sounds a little stern, so she will be called Lily), so I may be a little biased, lol. Sienna is alright, but not really my style. I prefer it over similar names like Sierra and Savannah. Sienna Lily sounds pretty together, though.

Sophia Ruby nn Soph:
This sounds cute together when spoken, as well. I don't like Soph as a nickname, perhaps because of the connotations to oaf, loaf and/or soap? I don't know...I just don't care for it, lol.

Kiera Brooklyn:
Kiera sounds pretty in theory, but names like Kira, Kara and Kendra have ruined it for me. Brooklyn just reminds me of a dirty city, crude accents and street crime, but I may be biased there as well since I am from the United States.

Madeline Ava nn Maddie:
Despite its popularity, I still think Madeline is a pretty name. The same goes for Ava, but not as much. I'm not sure how well they fit together when spoken aloud, though. Not fond of Maddie.

Holly Matilda:
Not my style. I don't think Holly would age well, and Matilda doesn't complement it or even help balance it out.

Nicolette Piper nn Nicole:
I don't like Nicolette, and I hate the name Nicole, but Piper is a cute middle name.

Chloe Alyssa:
I think it would be strange to use the name Alyssa with a cousin so closely named, but I guess it's up to you and how close you are with her? Chloe is cute, but not my style, either.

Lilah Aubrey nn Lily:
I love the name Lilah, and you already know my bias for Lily. Aubrey is also very cute. Depending on your surname, they could work well together, but with both having two syllables, they might sound a little sharp together. And, Lily Aubrey clashes, if she ends up preferring her nickname. Proceed with caution.

Kayleigh Autumn nn Kayla:
I don't like Kayleigh or Kayla, at all. Autumn is one of my all-time favorite names, but even that doesn't save this name for me.

Lucy Eden
I like Lucy, but I'm not very fond of Eden. I don't hate it, but I can't bring myself to like it, either. It's alright. Plus, they're a little short together, if that makes sense. I know most people may find this name a little elderly, but I think it could be cute on the right girl...maybe Eden Lucille and call her Lucy? Just a suggestion!

Melodie Eve nn Elodie:
Melodie can be cute, and Eve is a classic middle name. Not particularly my taste, but nice. I think Elodie is an adorable nickname, and it makes me want to like the full name more! (ETA: Now that I read the other replies, I like Melodie Autumn much better.)

Ariella Summer nn Ella:
Ariella sounds pretty when spoken, but a teensy bit contrived. I'd probably prefer Arielle or Ariel. Summer is a little 90's to me. I like the nickname Ella, though. :(

Yasmine Hope nn Yas, Yazzie:
Yasmine is pretty, but I prefer Jasmine. I'm not fond of the name Hope. Not a lot to say here.

Layla Kate:
Layla reminds me the one-eyed girl on that one Futurama show here in the States...not sure how many other people would make that connection too, though. Probably not many! It's okay. Kate is a little plain as a first name, but seeing it as a middle name makes it a little more classic-sounding. Still eh.

Paige Briar:
Paige is okay, and Briar is cute as a middle name. I think maybe it's mostly due to the connotations of Briar Rose as Sleeping Beauty, though. Regardless, Paige and Briar don't flow that well together and sound stunted when spoken aloud, I think.

Annika Faith:
I don't like either name.

Erin Aurora:
I don't like Erin, but I love Aurora. Another bias/honoring name, as it's going to be Lily's middle name! Haha. When I was a little girl, I remember my dad telling me stories about when he was stationed up in Alaska and seeing the Aurora Borealis. He said it was the most beautiful thing he'd ever seen in his whole life. That's when I knew. <3

---

Anyways, hope you don't mind the insight, good or bad. As always, it's just my opinion, and you should choose names by what you love and what works well with your surname! A lot of them were very nice. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users