51 replies to this topic

#1 Jaiden*Evie*Emmy

Jaiden*Evie*Emmy

Junior Baby Namer

• Bronze Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 10 May 2009 - 09:18 PM

I have 3 dd's and the names are in my signature. We have sort of chosen Delaney Olivia Claire for our future dd or Carter Andrew Dean for our son. We had decided to wait until fall to start ttc but I got a false positive last month so it kind of made we want to start ttc sooner.

The mn's are family names (just as my other dd's are) so those are set in stone but do Jaiden, Everleigh, Emersen and Delaney sound good together? And Jaiden, Everleigh, Emersen and Carter? Our ln starts with an S and is one syllable.

#2 Jaiden*Evie*Emmy

Jaiden*Evie*Emmy

Junior Baby Namer

• Bronze Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 11 May 2009 - 12:14 PM

I cant believe no one has an opinion??!!??

#3 Filly

Filly

Notable Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 11 May 2009 - 12:20 PM

I'm really sorry, but none of your girls names are my style at all. Delaney is a surname to me. Layne/Lane works better. Carter is also very surname-y and is the name of my dog. I like it for a pet...how about Andrew Dean Carter or Dean Andrew Carter instead? Delaney I've already talked about, and I think Claire and Olivia are over-popular. That being said, Claire Olivia Layne isn't bad, but it is a bit L heavy.

#4 Jaiden*Evie*Emmy

Jaiden*Evie*Emmy

Junior Baby Namer

• Bronze Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 11 May 2009 - 12:28 PM

I'm really sorry, but none of your girls names are my style at all. Delaney is a surname to me. Layne/Lane works better. Carter is also very surname-y and is the name of my dog. I like it for a pet...how about Andrew Dean Carter or Dean Andrew Carter instead? Delaney I've already talked about, and I think Claire and Olivia are over-popular. That being said, Claire Olivia Layne isn't bad, but it is a bit L heavy.

Well Olivia Claire are the mns no changing them esp since they honor family members I am only asking for options on the fn.

#5 Guest_Evy_*

Guest_Evy_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 May 2009 - 04:06 PM

I am going to be brutally honest and so be it. Both Delaney and Carter are last names in my books, and I've never been a fan of last names being made first names.

Would they fit in with your children? Sure. In the end it's your child and even if some of us don't like it, you'll end up naming it whatever YOU want.

I like Olivia (that gets a thumbs up) and Claire is not my style (though I reliaze that name is staying put.)

Carter Andrew Dean does not at all flow, at least for me.

#6 Cadence & Nathan

Cadence & Nathan

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,247 posts

Posted 11 May 2009 - 05:54 PM

I agree with Evy. I don't like last names as first names. The boy combination doesn't flow well, imo. I hope this helps.

#7 Jaiden*Evie*Emmy

Jaiden*Evie*Emmy

Junior Baby Namer

• Bronze Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 11 May 2009 - 07:10 PM

I agree with Evy. I don't like last names as first names. The boy combination doesn't flow well, imo. I hope this helps.

Well both Everleigh and Emersen are ln being used as fn so it should fit.

#8 Guest_Evy_*

Guest_Evy_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 May 2009 - 08:06 PM

Well both Everleigh and Emersen are ln being used as fn so it should fit.

Well then, if it fits and you like it, then go for it. Once the baby gets here, no one will say 'I don't like the name'.

#9 Cadence & Nathan

Cadence & Nathan

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 1,247 posts

Posted 11 May 2009 - 08:50 PM

Yes, if you think it works, use it...its as simple as that.

#10 Jaiden*Evie*Emmy

Jaiden*Evie*Emmy

Junior Baby Namer

• Bronze Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 12 May 2009 - 07:32 AM

Agreed! Although I like your daughter Everleighs name! Also, go for it if you like it

Well Everly is a last name...............?????

#11 Jessica J

Jessica J

Superstar Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 691 posts
  • Interests:Worship, singing, writing songs, being with friends and loved ones, reading, and watching movies.

Posted 12 May 2009 - 11:39 AM

I like the name Carter but I am not into Delaney. It doesn't sound right to me. I have a friend named Delayna and I like her name. She is also the only Delayna that I have ever met. As far as the last name/sur name thing goes, I think that it's nice in some cases. Also, my last name is Jorge and is ususally a first name and not a last name so it doesnt bother me. Good luck with everything and just remember not to get angry when people comment. Just take everything into consideration and at the end, if you still love the name that you began with, it was just meant to be :)

#12 Guest_Evy_*

Guest_Evy_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 May 2009 - 07:17 PM

Well Everly is a last name...............?????

You've stated that. If you like last names as first names, and that's your thing, then go for it. No one can stop you. Ask yourself (and your hubby and kids): do YOU think it sounds ok with your other children?

#13 Cadence & Nathan

Cadence & Nathan

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 1,247 posts

Posted 12 May 2009 - 08:44 PM

Yes we get it. If you like then, by golly, USE IT! If you're already so set on it, then don't ask people about it.

#14 Guest_Ozdust08_*

Guest_Ozdust08_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 May 2009 - 11:02 PM

I have to disagree with the others, I love your children's names and I think Delaney and Carter are great names IMO.

If you love them GO FOR IT!!! No one cares once the baby/babies are born!

#15 Momo Cicerone

Momo Cicerone

Epic Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • 1,022 posts
  • Interests:-Manga/Anime
    -Reality shows
    -Fanfiction (ages ago)
    -Books (Science fiction, Romance, Fantasy, Poetry, Adventure, Suspense, etc)
    -Shopping (shoes -watched too much Sex & the City)
    -Movies (and popcorn)
    -Surfing the internet
    -Video games (ages ago)
    -Dogs (Have an Alaskan Malamute named Zoe)
    -Karaoke (could stay all night long)
    -Drawing (ages ago, already lost my touch)

Posted 13 May 2009 - 07:09 PM

Hehe.. I really wasn't going to post my opinion... Because I'm not a fan of either combo.I don't care for either Delanie, Olivia or Clair.

I like Carter as a fn, tough. I also like Andrew and Dean, but I don't think they make a good combo together.

Sorry if I wasn't much help.

#16 Lilah

Lilah

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • 1,126 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 10:36 PM

I didn't see a question in your original post... But if you posted the names for opinions, you got them (many of them). If you don't want to know what other people think about these names, then this is probably not the right forum to post it on. Not because the people on here are rude, but we all like to give our opinions and help with decisions that are being made.

As for my opinion, I love the names of your 3 daughters. If you are set on Delaney for a girl, then it fits in with the other girls. But if you want some other choices for first names, here are a few that I think would work:

Addison
Ainsley
Kaelyn
Leighton
Blakely

I think all of these would compliment your other girls' names well. Kaelyn would compliment Jaiden, and the rest would go well with all of your daughters.

#17 Jaiden*Evie*Emmy

Jaiden*Evie*Emmy

Junior Baby Namer

• Bronze Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 15 May 2009 - 06:52 AM

Hehe.. I really wasn't going to post my opinion... Because I'm not a fan of either combo.I don't care for either Delanie, Olivia or Clair.

I like Carter as a fn, tough. I also like Andrew and Dean, but I don't think they make a good combo together.

Sorry if I wasn't much help.

Its spelled Delaney not Delanie just so you know. And its Claire......with an E.

#18 Jaiden*Evie*Emmy

Jaiden*Evie*Emmy

Junior Baby Namer

• Bronze Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 15 May 2009 - 06:54 AM

Yes we get it. If you like then, by golly, USE IT! If you're already so set on it, then don't ask people about it.

What is your problem???? lol

#19 Filly

Filly

Notable Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 15 May 2009 - 07:11 AM

Well Olivia Claire are the mns no changing them esp since they honor family members I am only asking for options on the fn.

Well, excuse me. You post this post, then get irritated that no one responds, then when someone responds, you are defensive. Sorry if I was giving you advice, but if you didn't want that, then why post here at all? I agree with most of the above posters on everything, you don't even respond to people's suggestions other than to ask them what their problem is and to point out their typos. If you were looking for responses, why reply rudely to those people who take the time to give them to you? That being said, if you're still looking for opinions, I like Lilah's suggestion of Addison. Addison Olivia Claire sounds better than Delaney to me and would still fit with your other daughter's names. And I would still go with Andrew or Dean before Carter, but like everyone has said, in the end it's up to YOU. Good luck.

#20 Jaiden*Evie*Emmy

Jaiden*Evie*Emmy

Junior Baby Namer

• Bronze Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 15 May 2009 - 08:28 AM

Well, excuse me. You post this post, then get irritated that no one responds, then when someone responds, you are defensive. Sorry if I was giving you advice, but if you didn't want that, then why post here at all? I agree with most of the above posters on everything, you don't even respond to people's suggestions other than to ask them what their problem is and to point out their typos. If you were looking for responses, why reply rudely to those people who take the time to give them to you? That being said, if you're still looking for opinions, I like Lilah's suggestion of Addison. Addison Olivia Claire sounds better than Delaney to me and would still fit with your other daughter's names. And I would still go with Andrew or Dean before Carter, but like everyone has said, in the end it's up to YOU. Good luck.

lol so you want to be rude and then make a suggestion.......you look weird for doing so!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users