6 replies to this topic

#1 Dorcas

Dorcas

Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 07:21 PM

So my darling husband (DH) and I have a darling daughter (DD) called Willow and we're trying again. We have a girls name all picked out and ready to go but we can't decide on a boys name.

Should we go with Eric, to honour his late father, or Leonardo? It's a name we both like and I feel the fact that Willow and Leonardo both end with that 'o' sound and share a couple of common letters 'L' and 'O' but I love Eric because it honours a family member (as will the middle names).

I'd love some opinions on this and maybe even some other name suggestions! (DH is soooooooo fussy it's unreal)

#2 MommaMeg

MommaMeg

Star Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 364 posts
  • Interests:I love....Reading, Napping in a Hammock, Playing with Nora, making Wyatt laugh, Walking my dogs, Singing, Watching Movies, Running, Wearing Sunglasses, Walking barefoot on soft grass, making my husband laugh, remembering good things that have happened in my life, writing short stories, thinking up baby names...

Posted 18 January 2013 - 09:11 PM

I really like Leonardo...of course if it were me, I know I would end up calling him Leo if I gave him that name. However, I also understand the feeling of needing to use a family name. Would you consider naming him Eric Leonardo? And then you have the choice of what you'd like to call him.

#3 The Future Mrs B

The Future Mrs B

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,094 posts
  • Interests:Music, names and my friends.

Posted 18 January 2013 - 09:57 PM

I think Eric Leonardo is handsome and you can call him either Eric, Leo or Leonardo. My SO's brother is Leo from Leonardo.

#4 Remy Hadley

Remy Hadley

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,884 posts
  • Interests:♥ baby names ♥ pasta ♥ sherlock holmes ♥ knitting / crocheting ♥ hiking ♥ dogs ♥ sea creatures ♥ birds ♥ nature documentaries ♥ peaceful parenting ♥ cooking ♥

Posted 19 January 2013 - 08:19 AM

Willow is such a beautiful name :)

Willow and Eric go very nicely together, I like it! But I love Leonardo and Willow :) Children are actually a lot less likely to notice these things tbh. Nor care. Me and two of my siblings all have A ending names, but my older brother doesn't. And no one noticed until a little more lately. And he wasn't traumatized from being left out ;) hehe! <3 Go with the name you both adore <3

I think Eric Leonardo would even make a fabulous combo!

I think I'm one of the few who thinks Leonard itself is handsome, but its always an option haha x I'm really bad at coming up with suggestions lately, but I'll give my best!

Bennett
Thomas
Zachary
Evan
Isaac
Nathaniel
Josiah
Finley / Finnegan
Samuel
Thaddeus
Eli
Gregory
Vincent
Camden

WDYT? Any you two like? <3

#5 Dorcas

Dorcas

Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 11:43 PM

Thanks ladies! I appreciate the help! I thought of Leonardo-Eric or Eric-Leonardo and then thought no because he'd be LE F---- or EL F----- lol!
It's mostly up to hubby as it's his father but I think he might be happy having Eric as a middle name because he really likes Leonardo (Leo for short) and we also talked about it and would probably honour his grandfather too so might be Leonardo Ronald Eric F----. Kindda have to think about it before saying it!

My names that I've always loved are Edward, Theodore, Leonardo and Charles. Edward is out the window mostly because of Twilight, Theodore (which is my all time favourite) makes hubby think of an old English man with a monocle and top hat, Charles is now too popular for my liking so that kind of leaves Leonardo off of my list that I've had since I was 12!

I suggested Isaac and Nathaniel to him and he flat out refused and called Nathaniel ugly! It's one of my new favourite names and a cross between my first name (Natasha) and his middle name (Daniel)! I also loooove Eli which he of course hates and Gregory and Vincent makes me think of Harry Potter, Gregory Goyle and Vincent Crabbe lol! He's so mean when it comes to names, he really doesn't like many, it's tough!

#6 Remy Hadley

Remy Hadley

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,884 posts
  • Interests:♥ baby names ♥ pasta ♥ sherlock holmes ♥ knitting / crocheting ♥ hiking ♥ dogs ♥ sea creatures ♥ birds ♥ nature documentaries ♥ peaceful parenting ♥ cooking ♥

Posted 21 January 2013 - 05:33 PM

Oh boys, being so difficult! Not that I can complain, Mikes the best guy namer that I know. But still...

Will he suggest any names to you? :) Like, come up with a list of acceptables? I gave Mike a namebook and had him circle all the ones he likes so I kinda have grounds as to what I can / can't use. And its conveniently here whenever I wanna look at it lol.

Sorry you two are having a difficult time though!

#7 Dorcas

Dorcas

Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 09:34 PM

Haha! Nooooo! If I gave him book/webpage of names to go through he'd just say "I'll look at it later" and then never get around to it, despite my asking! I'll give it a go though, if he actually does it (or we can both go to the same webpage and write down the ones we like and then compare) then it might get done! Thanks for the help!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users