#1 HaydensMama18

HaydensMama18

Legendary Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,253 posts
  • Interests:My son, baby naming, singing, dancing, helping others

Obsessed with WWE & TNA

Favorite viners & youtubers: The Gabbie Show, Liza Koshy & Joe Santagato & Shane

My favorite actors are Grace Phipps & Garrett Clayton

Current favorite songs: Anything by Little Mix, Ariana Grande-Boyfriend Material & Anything by Bruno Mars

Posted 01 June 2014 - 09:01 AM

I've recently been loving the name Leda/Lita. They're both pronounced the same, lee-duh. Which spelling is prettiest? Do you like or dislike this name? Why? Thanks! :)

#2 Laugh-Dream-Love

Laugh-Dream-Love

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,799 posts
  • Interests:Watching movies and snuggling with my boyfriend; Writing; Reading; Listening to music; Drawing; Singing

Posted 01 June 2014 - 03:34 PM

On seeing both spellings I would pronounce them completely differently. Leda I would pronounce lay-duh and Lita I would pronounce lee-tuh. To get the pronunciation you want I think Leda would be more intuitive. I'm not a huge fan of the name, but it's not terrible.

#3 Hannah

Hannah

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,785 posts
  • Interests:I love writing, reading, sports of any kind(my favorites being basketball & soccer), music, and hanging out with my friends and family.

AND, I of course love thinking of baby names even though that is a VERY far in the future thing for me because I'm still young!

Posted 01 June 2014 - 09:10 PM

I like the sound of the name. I've known a Lita, but Leda is the spelling from Greek mythology. I would, at first glance, pronounce them both as Lee-duh, so I think you could be fine with either. Personally, I find Leda prettier. 

#4 ashooles

ashooles

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,952 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 03:19 PM

I'd pronounce them both differently too. I'd say Leda how you said, but Lita I would definitely say Lee-tuh.

So my vote is Leda :)

#5 Saffron

Saffron

Notable Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 144 posts
  • Interests:Photography, reading, raw cooking, hiking, and everything to do with taking the best care of my beautiful daughter <3

Posted 07 June 2014 - 12:57 PM

I think Leda it the prettiest spelling, and I would pronounce it the way you said, but I would pronounce Lita "Lih-tah". So Leda is my favourite! It's a lovely name <3

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users