Photo

Jane vs. June / Charles vs Charlotte

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Poll: Which one is better?!?! (12 member(s) have cast votes)

Jane vs June

1. Jane (4 votes [33.33%])

Percentage of vote: 33.33%

2. June (8 votes [66.67%])

Percentage of vote: 66.67%

Charles vs. Charlotte

1. Charles (4 votes [33.33%])

Percentage of vote: 33.33%

2. Charlotte (8 votes [66.67%])

Percentage of vote: 66.67%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Remy Hadley

Remy Hadley

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,883 posts
  • Interests:♥ baby names ♥ pasta ♥ sherlock holmes ♥ knitting / crocheting ♥ hiking ♥ dogs ♥ sea creatures ♥ birds ♥ nature documentaries ♥ peaceful parenting ♥ cooking ♥

Posted 29 February 2012 - 02:20 PM

Such a dilemma!!! I am in love with all of these names.... but they are far too close :/

Here is some input on each of the names that I'm considering as factors in deciding which I chose:

Jane
Popularity in 2010: 384
Meaning: God is Gracious
I really love how it looks and sounds! So pretty and simple.

June
Popularity in 2010: 597
Meaning: The sixth month of the year
I love love this name! <3 I originally preferred Juniper nick name June or JuneBug, but I think I prefer just June. Plus, I absolutely ADORE the idea of JuneBug as a nick name!! <3

Charles
Popularity in 2010: 63
Meaning: Free Man
So handsome, love it! With nick name Charlie, of course <333 My older brothers middle name is Charles, and both my mum and my dad have an uncle named Charles. Plus there is another Charles somewhere in the family.. I love how this honors s many family members!!

Charlotte
Popularity in 2010: 45
Meaning: Free Man
Gooorgeous! I love this name! And so does Mike, actually. I can't decide which nick name I prefer, Charley or Lottie. But I have a great Aunt Charlotte who passed away last year who this could honor. Though, I think using either Charles or Charlotte could honor all of these family members :/

So I can't decide!!! June and Jane are so close, so its so hard to decide here!! <3 Plus the honoring for the Charles/Charlotte's... both choices can honor :) Plus the popularity is fairly similar for each of these names, so neither make too much a difference.

What do you think? Thanks!!

#2 Katie-Nana

Katie-Nana

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Super Moderators
  • 6,652 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 02:44 PM

Jane gets my vote over June.

As for Charlotte/Charles I understand your dilemma. I think the nn Charlie is cute for either gender. But ultimately my vote goes to Charlotte. I still really like Charles though. You'll probably have to let nature be the tie breaker.

#3 Remy Hadley

Remy Hadley

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • 7,883 posts
  • Interests:♥ baby names ♥ pasta ♥ sherlock holmes ♥ knitting / crocheting ♥ hiking ♥ dogs ♥ sea creatures ♥ birds ♥ nature documentaries ♥ peaceful parenting ♥ cooking ♥

Posted 29 February 2012 - 08:59 PM

Jane gets my vote over June.

As for Charlotte/Charles I understand your dilemma. I think the nn Charlie is cute for either gender. But ultimately my vote goes to Charlotte. I still really like Charles though. You'll probably have to let nature be the tie breaker.

Thanks for the votes everyone!! :)

And thanks Katie!! <3 Jane is so lovely... but then again, so is June<3 lol!

Charlie is so beautiful/handsome on either gender! :) Like like like! <3 But your right, nature probably will have to be the tie breaker :/ I suppose I'll have to wait until I am married and having a kid and ask the hubby whether Jane/June or Charlotte/Charles is better lol :wub: <3

#4 Starlight

Starlight

Epic Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,812 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 04:54 AM

I always have that issue with liking similar names and it's super annoying.

Jane VS June.
I prefer Jane over June.
For me I cannot get over the fact that June is a month :/ "June what month is it..? Oh that's right.. it's June!" Idk. That's just my issue though.. Even though it has been a name for AGES to me it's still like calling your Baby February. Hmm. Jane however is such a classic beautiful name. Plus it is less popular then June. I'm not going to continue to try and sway you, I adore Jane clearly. :)

Charlotte VS Charles.
The second option is easy for me. I adore the name Charlotte so obviously that's my vote. I dislike Charles because I know a few old men named Charles and I just cannot see it on a Baby.
It would be alright as a middle name though. Charlotte you get to honor both in.
I love both nicknames and it is just too hard to pick one because they are both such pretty nicknames. However Charley does incorporate a form of 'Charles' in it. So maybe go with that. :)

#5 Remy Hadley

Remy Hadley

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • 7,883 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 09:58 PM

Hmm, its kind of funny that I never relate the name June to the month! Though, it honestly is a favorite month of mine :) Nor have I ever related it to naming a baby February! Which to be completely honest, I would find to be very... unique ♥ Maybe I do prefer Jane... though, that'd mean no June Bug :/

There are a lot of old men named Charles... but I guess I know younger people called Charlie. I ADORE Charlie, and would end up calling him Charlie if I named him Charles<3 But yeah, true! I think Charlotte itself has the Charle- that both Charles and Charlotte have, so it honors them all well. Whether I use Lottie or Charley I suppose :) Though, I may just end up calling her Charlotte until she's older so she can pick her own nick name.

Idk, choices, choices! Thanks so much for the input, Ash! :wub:

#6 Mishada

Mishada

Superstar Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 612 posts
  • Interests:Stuff, I guess.

Posted 02 March 2012 - 12:26 AM

June, though I do love Jane.

June has a pinch of sass to it that sweet, innocent Jane just doesn't have. That sass is quite charming to me.

As for Charles v Charlotte... I've never seen the appeal of Charlotte. Charles is my father's name, and I quite like it. I tend to prefer classic boy names more than classic girl names.

#7 Ebony Eden

Ebony Eden

Notable Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 183 posts
  • Interests:architectural history, literature, poetry, history, the Victorian era, the romantic period, Kurt Cobain, travelling, learning new languages and names of course, amongst other stuff.

Posted 02 March 2012 - 06:28 PM

June! I love June, it's so sweet and simple, but different compared to the well-known Jane.

As for Charles vs. Charlotte, I really can't decide! I love them both, though I wouldn't use them. Maybe for a middle name.

#8 Remy Hadley

Remy Hadley

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • 7,883 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 09:24 AM

Hm, I kind of agree, Heather! June does have some sass to it that Jane doesn't have <3 It charms me too! <3 The reasons I like each name differ in that way, because I love Jane for its simplicity and sweetness, while June just has another level of fun and pizzazz, I think! :)

I might be preferring Charles right now to Charlotte :) Partially because though I like Charlie/Charley on both genders... I moreso picture it on a boy. And Lottie is cutesy for a girl, but I don't love it quite as much as Charlie on a little boy! <3 But I still really do like Charlotte... moreso as a middle name I think. I know Mike likes it a lot... though he has mentioned a few androgynous names that he prefers on girls. So Charley would appeal to him. <3

But I guess I'll just have to wait and see!! <3 Which stands the test of time... and which stands future hubby's approval for names :wub:

#9 PaperHeart

PaperHeart

Genie-ous Baby Namer and Moderator

• Super Moderators
  • 12,160 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 03:02 PM

I literally can't choose between Jane and June.
But Charlotte does get my vote. I love Charles {Prefer Charlie}, but Charlotte is just so elegant and stunning. ♥

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users