8 replies to this topic

#1 Wish

Wish

Junior Baby Namer

• Bronze Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 07:36 PM

Hey everyone. I am pregnant and due in October and am looking for a name that reflects my love for the magical and offbeat.
Currently my top faves include Wisteria nick name wish, Esmeralda nickname esme (which I also love spelled with a Z), Rapunzel nickname zelle (Rapunzel is a radish plant with blue flowers. I know it is different, but it is very cute with obvious fairytale overtones).

Now I love sunflowers. They are my alltime favorite flower! Especially the ones with the reddish orange petals and the dark purple leaves and stalk (extra magical :] )
Sunflowers flower in the fall (an added bonus).
There don't seem to be many names that mean sunflower that I'm really into. I've got Sunflower, Mirasol (spanish), and Zonnebluom (dutch I believe). I was thinking I could play with Zonnebluom a bit and spell it or pronounce it Zunnibloom (nickname zunnie or bloom). I think it's super cute !
What do you all think?
Also, is Sunflower just too "hippie" to use?

#2 ladyfallen

ladyfallen

Junior Baby Namer

• Bronze Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 10:21 PM

some names meaning sunflower Chamania,Clytie,Mirasol,Xirasol,Girasole,Alizeti,Solros, Himawari, Nanala, Vanalika, or you could just call her Sunny short for sunflower?

This link has Hawaiian names that mean flowers if that helps http://meaningofname...ul-and-flowers/

Here is another link with names that mean flower http://www.thinkbaby...search/0/flower

Hope this helps :P good luck

#3 Laugh-Dream-Love

Laugh-Dream-Love

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,799 posts
  • Interests:Watching movies and snuggling with my boyfriend; Writing; Reading; Listening to music; Drawing; Singing

Posted 28 April 2014 - 12:26 AM

If you're into magical sounding/feeling names, I recommend this blog. I adore her style of names, and she always has great insight.

As for Sunflower, I think it is too out there for a first name, but as a middle name it could be cute.

#4 Wish

Wish

Junior Baby Namer

• Bronze Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 07:30 AM

Laugh dream love I do love the bewitching names blog. that's actually where I got Rapunzel from :)
Ladyfallen I really appreciate your suggestions ! my favorite is Vanalika
Do you have any middle name suggestions with that?
Vannalika Esmerelda? Vannalika Mariposa.... Vannalika Tallula Sunshine haha

#5 Bunko0

Bunko0

Superstar Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 743 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 03:07 PM

Wisteria, Esmeralda, Rapunzel, Mirasol, and Sunflower are all beautiful. Maravilla is another Spanish word for "sunflower." Zonnebloem is really hard to pronounce in English, so I would avoid that. 

#6 Wish

Wish

Junior Baby Namer

• Bronze Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 04:25 PM

Thanks Bunko0 :) does mirasol sound to much like aerosol?
Is sunflower usable on an adult?
I just love sunflowers so much. I just wish there was a name that meant sunflower that really clicked with me
Sunflower Esmerelda maybee....

#7 Wish

Wish

Junior Baby Namer

• Bronze Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 04:30 PM

Are you sure Maravilla means sunflower? the only thing I can find on it is that it translates into amazement, marvel, and wonder Iin spanish

#8 Tasha1125

Tasha1125

Star Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 332 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 05:41 PM

I like Mirasol

#9 Katie-Nana

Katie-Nana

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,652 posts

Posted 01 May 2014 - 07:28 AM

Check out this post on Millaray.  Means "golden flower"   http://appellationmo...-baby-name-day/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users