4 replies to this topic

#1 Lazuli

Lazuli

Epic Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,157 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 01:40 PM

I don't know how many watched any of the newer seasons of 16 & Pregnant but one name really caught my attention. One of the girls, Mackenzie, had a little boy and named him, Gannon. At first, I was indifferent with the name. After a while, I started to really like it. I think it is unique and handsome without being overly "teen mom-ish". I am not sure of his middle name. I like Gannon James or Gannon Charles. WDYT? Any other good middle names?

#2 BabyNameRater

BabyNameRater

Legendary Baby Namer

• BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,669 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 01:48 PM

When I hear Gannon I immediately think of my highschool Biology teacher, Mr. Gannon. So its a no-no for me, not the the teacher was mean or anything. It also makes me think of a trendier version of the name Cannon, which is incidentally the name of the county I'm from so those two things just make the name unappealing to me. But it certainly fits in with the whole "Surnames as first names" trend sicne it is rather surname like. If it were in the middle name spot or with a nice classic name, like yours, I think it wouldn't be teen-momish but something Rylee Gannon or Gannon Bryton would send off that vibe.

#3 EmilyA

EmilyA

Power Baby Namer

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 870 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 05:07 PM

Watching that show is how I get some of these 'weird' names and yet they all tend to turn trendy. Gannon, on the other hand, has stayed under wraps. I truly love this name. They used Gannon Dewayne. Personally, I love it. They did a great job!

#4 Guest_Addison's Mommy_*

Guest_Addison's Mommy_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 October 2012 - 07:12 PM

Gannon reminds me of Cannon!

So no!

#5 Remy Hadley

Remy Hadley

Genie-ous Baby Namer

• Senior BNG Addict
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,884 posts
  • Interests:♥ baby names ♥ pasta ♥ sherlock holmes ♥ knitting / crocheting ♥ hiking ♥ dogs ♥ sea creatures ♥ birds ♥ nature documentaries ♥ peaceful parenting ♥ cooking ♥

Posted 21 October 2012 - 08:24 AM

Its funny, listening to their girl choices was painful... But Gannon Dewayne is a very handsome, sturdy name! I like Gannon, i think it'd make a great choice. Underused and handsome.

Cannon never came to mind until reading pp's posts response to it. I didnt know there were babies being named Cannon! :o or not any trend of it! I feel out of the loop lol... Going to the ssa charts now :')

Edit: just looked... Wow! So man6y Cannons! Weird!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users