• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Leesa

Leesa

Aspiring Baby Namer

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 10:21 PM

Hello, I am brand new, frustrated and desperate!

I have two boys:
Michael James (9) and Braden William (4) and I am expecting baby #3 on 1/20/11 (actually on Michael's 10th birthday).

I have been struggling since day one with names...nothing has struck me as THE NAME and I just feel so uneasy about the names that we have discussed (especially boys) and I am running out of time. I don't want to go into labor without a name picked out. (I am a Type A personality if any of you wondered and if it can help any of you relate as to the anxiety that this is causing me!)

I have had a ton of RULES since day one...here are a few:

1. Our last name is SHELLEY so I don't want the name to end in the 'E' sound (however we really like Jesse for a boy).
2. Don't want a name that can be shortened...Michael is constantly called 'Mike' even when we emphasize that his name is Michael.

Here is what we have picked out...

BOYS - (There are a lot of 'Shelley Boys' so we are a little limited with names too.)
Tyler Avery (My husband likes Tyler the best...I just am not sure) (Avery was his Grandfather's name)
Adam ??? (I like Adam...husband and son don't really care for it) (Can we use Avery with Adam???)
Jesse...like I said, this breaks rule #1...but we really like it...it didn't help when my husband thought it would be better if it was Jesse James Shelley...HELP!!!

GIRLS
Vanessa Rose (we also like May for a middle name)

I think Vanessa is the girls name we have all agreed on, but we also like:
Jessica
Sara
Erin

I am beginning to panic...I know that some people don't pick out names until the baby is born...I can't do that...I really need to have this done and appreciate any feedback that you can offer. I don't share any of the names that we pick out with family or friends, so you are really the only input that I have. Thanks so much in advance!

Leesa

#2 Victoria Vogel

Victoria Vogel

Aspiring Baby Namer

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 01:02 AM

Hello, I am brand new, frustrated and desperate!

I have two boys:
Michael James (9) and Braden William (4) and I am expecting baby #3 on 1/20/11 (actually on Michael's 10th birthday).

I have been struggling since day one with names...nothing has struck me as THE NAME and I just feel so uneasy about the names that we have discussed (especially boys) and I am running out of time. I don't want to go into labor without a name picked out. (I am a Type A personality if any of you wondered and if it can help any of you relate as to the anxiety that this is causing me!)

I have had a ton of RULES since day one...here are a few:

1. Our last name is SHELLEY so I don't want the name to end in the 'E' sound (however we really like Jesse for a boy).
2. Don't want a name that can be shortened...Michael is constantly called 'Mike' even when we emphasize that his name is Michael.

Here is what we have picked out...

BOYS - (There are a lot of 'Shelley Boys' so we are a little limited with names too.)
Tyler Avery (My husband likes Tyler the best...I just am not sure) (Avery was his Grandfather's name)
Adam ??? (I like Adam...husband and son don't really care for it) (Can we use Avery with Adam???)
Jesse...like I said, this breaks rule #1...but we really like it...it didn't help when my husband thought it would be better if it was Jesse James Shelley...HELP!!!

GIRLS
Vanessa Rose (we also like May for a middle name)

I think Vanessa is the girls name we have all agreed on, but we also like:
Jessica
Sara
Erin

I am beginning to panic...I know that some people don't pick out names until the baby is born...I can't do that...I really need to have this done and appreciate any feedback that you can offer. I don't share any of the names that we pick out with family or friends, so you are really the only input that I have. Thanks so much in advance!

Leesa

I really like Tyler Adam. I also like John Andrew. As for girls, Vanessa Rose sounds perfect. (I hope this helps)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users