• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 peanutbutter

peanutbutter

Aspiring Baby Namer

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 August 2015 - 02:22 PM

We're having a boy. The name we like is Wyland but our last name is Nock. I am concerned that together they sound like one word due to the strong "n" sound at the end of the first name that leads into our last name. It kind of sounds like Wylanock to me. I think the last letter (or sound) of the first name should be different than the first letter of the last name. My husband doesn't mind and thinks I'm overreacting. He thinks people will pause between names and even if they don't people wouldn't use his full name often. I agree as a kid but am concerned about later in life in his career. He will definitely identify himself using his first and last name often. I do it daily when making business calls.

Please let me know your thoughts on the name itself and on the issue of the end of the first same sounding like the beginning of the last. Thank you!

#2 BMTRHG

BMTRHG

Baby Namer

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 71 posts
  • Interests:Pinterest, Cooking, Scary Movies, Bubble Baths, Xbox, Singing (in the shower), Community Service Projects, Italian Food, and Antique Shopping

Posted 01 September 2015 - 11:34 PM

I can see what you mean by it blending, it does. But I also know I have met many people with first and last names that do this, and although it stands out at first, it really isn't much of an issue. I say if you truly feel that is the most fitting name, by all means use it!

Some similar names:

Waylen
Wylie
Wyatt
Wyler

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users